Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Hi All and Happy New Year!

Well the time has now arrived for me and Fon to return to Thailand for our village wedding on 6th January. We are expecting 100+ guests and I'm sure a good time will be had by all!

Fly TG 917 from Heathrow at 21.35 tomorrow night after a long train/bus journey from up here in the Lakes. The bombs in Bangkok have us a little worried - not to mention both our families! I am sure everything will be fine though - we have a few manic days ahead of us in Bangkok to focus our attention! We hope to hand in our SV application around 10th January - we'll keep everyone posted! We both hope that we can travel back to the UK together on 20th January!

Thanks very much for all the advice and information gained here from you guys - it is very much appreciated! Now comes the nervous time - everything is well and truly crossed! The application folder will not leave my side until it is handed in!

Thanks once again and may 2007 be a healthy and successful one for all Thailand-UK members and their families.

Nick and Fon
    A bad day's fishing is still better than a good day at work.

Hi All and Happy New Year!

Well the time has now arrived for me and Fon to return to Thailand for our village wedding on 6th January. We are expecting 100+ guests and I'm sure a good time will be had by all!

Fly TG 917 from Heathrow at 21.35 tomorrow night after a long train/bus journey from up here in the Lakes. The bombs in Bangkok have us a little worried - not to mention both our families! I am sure everything will be fine though - we have a few manic days ahead of us in Bangkok to focus our attention! We hope to hand in our SV application around 10th January - we'll keep everyone posted! We both hope that we can travel back to the UK together on 20th January!

Thanks very much for all the advice and information gained here from you guys - it is very much appreciated! Now comes the nervous time - everything is well and truly crossed! The application folder will not leave my side until it is handed in!

Thanks once again and may 2007 be a healthy and successful one for all Thailand-UK members and their families.

Nick and Fon

Very best of luck to you both.

Look forward to seeing you both back here on 21st

Peter

Member สมาชิก

Good luck and see you both soon

good luck to you both.

steve

Have a great wedding Nick and Fon.

Packpao

Todays the day, have a great time and enjoy yourself's
    and hope all goes well with the visa best of luck

cheers Andy

Member สมาชิก
    Guildford, Surrey. UK./Sa Kaeow and Prachin Buri, Thailand

Hi Nick and Fon,

I hope all goes well for today, best wishes and good luck for the future to you both, have a wonderful time and enjoy your special day.

Best regards,

Dave.

Thanks everyone!

The big day yesterday was fantastic - a 6.00am start for me and 4.00am for Fon to get made up. Food at 7.00am, and the parade to the house around 8.15. Wedding at 9.00 followed by much food and drink all day! We had a band on a special stage in the evening - where I made a short speech in English and broken Thai before they began. We had 150 envelopes given to us - and I am sure more people turned up during the course of the day! The end of the night was spoiled and cut-short by a fall-out between two very drunk boys - but security with big sticks soon sorted them out! Had to finish early as the police came to check everything ok. "No promplem" - we were assured! This happens a lot in Isaan - saw it too at Songkran. Too much Thai whisky and dancing and you just know what is going to happen!

Got paperwork sorted in Bangkok pretty easily really. Got the affirmation handed in Thursday, and also managed to complete Fon's TB certificate during the day. Used Express Translation services after the recommendation from Rayban - and also gave them a copy of the affirmation to be working on (thanks John for that tip!) Picked up the affirmation and passport at 9.00 am Friday and the translation was finished by 9.30am, and stamped by the MOFA by 11.15. Then had to catch a bus to Phukieo at 2.30 which landed at 8.30pm. So not much sleep before the big day!

We will try to put some photos up online soon. Registration of the marriage tomorrow, change ID card and Tabien Bahn then off to Bangkok again. May take up to 3 days to change Fon's surname in her new passport though according to the MOFA. Does anyone else have any recent experience of this? Might delay putting in the application by a couple of days - but should hand it in by next Friday!

Will keep you all posted! Thanks again for all your valuable advice and support - we both appreciate it very much mak mak!

Cheers

Nick and Fon

Congratulations may you have many year of happiness together.

Member สมาชิก
    Guildford, Surrey. UK./Sa Kaeow and Prachin Buri, Thailand

Congratulations Nick and Fon, here is to a long and happy life together.

Good luck to you both with the SV application.

Best wishes,

Dave.

Many congratulations to you both.

No doubt you will be pleased to hear that is it still pouring down here in Kendal.

Peter & Mol

Edit (Rolyshark)-attempts to circumvent the language filter have been removed,suffice it to say it was pouring down heavily

Congrats from us too
    colin 244 & Dao

Thanks everyone!

Nearly there now with the SV application. Got new ID card today and new passport Thursday first thing. Then it is off to get final translations before heading off to the VFS later that day! Fingers crossed!

Getting in a day's fishing tomorrow and then Hua Hin for our "honeymoon".

Thanks once again!

Nick and Fon

PS Peter - you will be glad to hear that it is not persisting it down here mate! About 33 degrees I think! We both hope to see you and Mol soon!

Originally posted by peterinkendal:

No doubt you will be pleased to hear that is it still pouring down here in Kendal.

Peter & Mol

Edit (Rolyshark)-attempts to circumvent the language filter have been removed,suffice it to say it was pouring down heavily
    Who needs a language filter when you got Roly?

Hi everyone

Just a quick update. We handed Fon's SV application in to the VFS this morning - so it's now time to keep everything well and truly crossed! The lady at the counter siad it was a well presented folder - thanks once agin to Thailand-UK for the advice on compiling the eveidence!

Off to Hua Hin for the weekend to take it easy for a few days. Hope to be back with good news soon!

Met up with AndyMuayThai in the VFS - best of luck to Sa with her application too!

Cheers for now.

Nick and Fon

PS If anyone is about in Hua Hin this weekend drop me a PM if you fancy a beer or two!