Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  70
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PhuketPhil's Avatar

Default Off to LOS [live trip report]

Will be flying out of Brum tonight with my five year old daughter Angie. We will be met in BKK by mother inlaw and spend a couple of days in Lamlukka with a day out to Uthai Thanee.
    Then it's off to Phuket where we both can relax and I can post our ongoing trip report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Phil

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lucking forward to your updates

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Flying with which airline?
    Lucky

Emirates 777 to Dubai and A380 to BKK

Phil

Hope you have great flights and superb holiday

Have a good one Phil, look forward to reports.

colin 244

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketPhil View Post
    Emirates 777 to Dubai and A380 to BKK
    Good luck, hope the 380 is all it is cracked up to be.
    I will have the pleasure of my first flight on one in December (same route).
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Good luck, hope the 380 is all it is cracked up to be.
    I will have the pleasure of my first flight on one in December (same route).
    Very quiet .

Premium Member

have flown A380 several times Emirates and Singapore quiet and comfy best thing the wings are made in North Wales.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie57 View Post
    have flown A380 several times Emirates and Singapore quiet and comfy best thing the wings are made in North Wales.
    You can look out of the window and everything you see is made in England.............engines included.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been on the A380 out of Dubai/BKK a few times now. As above very quiet and smooth. Didn't actually realise we were off the ground until I looked out of the window on our last flight on take-off. Even better if you can get the emergency exit seats with plenty of leg room

Forum Antiquity ของโบราณ bifftastic's Avatar

I think my Etihad flight must've been on one of those. I never really take much notice of what 'plane it is, but this one was extremely quiet.
    "You're so unapproachable!"
    "And yet, here you are."

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Looks like Etihad will introduce the A380 on the Heathrow-Abu Dhabi route from 27th December 2014.

EY011 AUH0235 – 0635LHR 388 D
    EY012 LHR0915 – 2005AUH 388 D

Old Hand มือเก่า

Bring a raincoat! It's been bucketing down today.

We flew out of Birmingham on Emirates,Angie's mum came to wish us a safe trip. Smooth flight on a 777 the little one slept all the way into Dubai. On arrival we passed through security again then made our way to the underground train to take us to the our connecting gate. We had about an hour to burn before departure for Bangkok fortunately I still had some Dubai currency left from our last trip so was able to buy some sandwiches and cold drinks for me and Angie.

The next leg to BKK was on the A380 it would be our fifth time on this type. I had selected seats at the rear of the plane so toilets were nearby for the little one and handy to stretch our legs by the rear exits. On trying to open the overhead bin I encountered a problem they would open slightly then jam. With the assistance of one of the attractive cabin crew we were able to open it fully. It then became apparent that all the rear bins had the same problem. First thing that springs to your mind is " Is the back end warped ? Is the tail gonna drop off ?" Anyway settled down to our flight and the tail didn't drop off. Just one thing the air con was cold everyone around me had closed the overhead nozzles and wrapped themselves in blankets me included. Service was OK but I miss the Singha beer and food provided by Thai Airways.

Landed at Swampy around 7pm cleared immigration quick by using the families desk the others were very busy with long queues. Met mother and sister in law at the meeting point and jumped into their car for drive to family home in Lamlukka about an hours drive from the airport. When we arrived at their home it was knocking on for 9pm and I was shattered. The sister in law broke the news " Phil tomorrow we go to Uthai Thani to see Angelina's grandad"her grand parents are divorced. She wanted to go at 5am!........after negotiation we settled for 10am.

Just so you can picture it the grandma's house in Lamlukka is a terraced house in what we would call the suburbs of Bangkok. There is a car port,open plan lounge and diner with kitchen at rear and a downstairs shower/wc. Upstairs two bedrooms and bathroom. You can still see the tide mark of the floods from a few years ago. The sister in law lives nearby. In reality for me and Angie we are not on holiday we want the beach............to be continued.
    Phil

Birmingham airport with Angie awaiting boarding on 777 Emirates to BKK

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Phil

Quote Originally Posted by PhuketPhil View Post
    Just one thing the air con was cold everyone around me had closed the overhead nozzles...
    They have nozzles!!! Great!
    One of the things I really miss on the modern airlines is the lack of individual air con.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

So we were woken by mother inlaw at 9am on Saturday. Now I really get on with her but unfortunately because I am a farang she thinks that I will like to eat concoctions bought from the local Lotus (Tesco). Even Angie will say to me " I don't like grandma's food but we won't tell her". So with a couple of dubious micro waved hotdogs facing us we duly smiled and dumped them in the bin when she was not looking.

Sister inlaw turned up with her husband and me and Angie embarked on our trip to Uthai Thani. Thirty minutes into our road trip and Angie is complaining of belly ache,can't be the hotdogs we didn't eat them. Pulled over so I could have a walk around with her, she was still feeling the effects of our flights of the previous day. We got going again with the typical Thai style of driving of "let's go as fast as we can and as near as the car in front.......no braking distances in LOS"

A few rest stops later and we arrived at Grandads farm.Greetings over we sat down to some decent food Pad Krapow for me and fried rice and chicken for Angie. We were at my wife's (separated) ongoing house build and it wasn't a bad job. The house sits on a large piece of land I helped pay for many moons ago where the father inlaw and employees farm mangos and other produce. It was a lot more relaxing to be here than in Lamlukka .
    After awhile the family members resembled the Spanish as in let's have a siesta, me and the little one made a day of it and explored the local area.
    About 5pm we called it a day and said our farewells and headed back to Bangkok and Lamlukka. Still jet lagged from the previous we soon fell asleep on our return.

Sunday,Angie and I were left to our own devises as gran was going to a funeral for the day. As I said previously there isn't much to do at grans house,by the evening we were both climbing the walls and waiting for Monday to come for our flight out to Phuket.
    The following morning we were both up early and gran had provided an edible breakfast, bacon and eggs .......I think maybe she must have phoned the wife. Our flight from BKK was at 2.15pm and me and the little one waited patiently for sister inlaw to pick us up. She arrived at 12 and off we went to Swampy in a big downpour. We passed numerous crashes on the way but arrived safely. We said our farewells and checked in and our real holiday was about to start........to be continued
    Phil

Premium Member

Phil , we get cereals and milk from either Big C or the supermarket in the central world malls when I'm in BKK. I was surprised at the amount of farang food available.

Steve

I agree Steve unfortunately Gran insisted on doing the shopping.
    Phil