Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Options

Rookie มือใหม่

Brick wall Options

Hello again...

I posted a few months ago prior to obtaining a 2nd UK holiday VISA for my G/F.
    We are now in the UK and things are going well.

Already, I can see her VISA expiry date 8th Jan 2015 fast approaching and want to pick the brains of the forum members here to see what the next logical step would be.

To give you a flavour of whats what I'll offer up a bit of info on potential options.

I have a business that I can, to a degree, run remotely so Ive been out in Thailand since the beginning of the year making the odd trip back to the UK for meetings however, for a number of reasons for the next 12 - 18 months I will need to be in the UK much much more, like 75% of the time.

So, It would be much easier for the forceable future for Ann to be in the UK.

In terms of options - we have a partner company based in BKK and I potentially have the option to ask them to put Ann on their payroll. My question on this is simply; would this be a viable route to get her a business VISA?? or is it just a far-fetched idea??

Another option would be to marry... can anyone offer a snapshot of info on this option? such as where you need to get married, how long does it take, whats the VISA process after that?

Finally could I get her another tourist VISA...how long would we need to wait between visits?

We have no intention at the moment to live permanently in the UK, but we would like to option to "come and go" as we please.....

I appreciate that all of this info will be tucked away on this forum but to trail thru it all seem overwhelming to me

Of course, if anyone has any better ideas than the above I love to hear them!

Thanks so much for your help!

Paul

I know a couple of members on here have acquired general visit visas, which (someone correct me if I'm wrong!) allow your partner to go and come as much as she likes within a period of time; https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/overview

might be an option? I'm sure someone more qualified will give you better information

Quote Originally Posted by hickpaul.96 View Post
    Already, I can see her VISA expiry date 8th Jan 2015 fast approaching...
    That is when her visa expires but how long did you request for this visa?
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Cannot comment on the business visa, but read the guidance notes for visit visas and the following statement.

taken from here
    https://www.gov.uk/general-visit-visa/overview

What you can and can’t do

You can study for up to 30 days, as long as it’s not the main reason for your visit.

You can’t:
    take paid or unpaid work
    live in the UK for long periods of time through frequent visits
    marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
    get private medical treatment
    get public funds

I hate to take the moral high ground but it might be better or at least easier to get a visa that matches your real intention.

Can you prove with evidence that you have cohabited with the lady for maybe two years.
    Last edited by Linne; 15th Aug 2014 at 09:15.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for your feedback.
    She is currently on a visitor visa, and can come and go, but only until Jan 8th 2015.
    The main reason for my post is to see how we get on after that.
    1) go for a business visa (but not sure how realistic that actually is)
    2) go down the marriage route (not sure how much time that takes and even then how flexible visa's are)
    3) apply for another (3rd) tourist visa (but not sure if they have limitations such as time lapse between visas etc...)

PS we have been together for 15 months and have evidence of being friends for 20 months. We have lived together for the last 6 (in Thailand/UK)

Thanks