Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Here we were, not planning to go further afield than good old blighty this year, due to the fact that Jai's sister is getting married next year. Making that a big holiday next year.
    Imagine my / our surprise after a telephone call today, to find out that the wedding is in fact this September.
    I suppose i should be used to these "surprises" by now.

Anyway the wedding is in Sattahip, which is south of Pattaya, neither of which we have visited before. We will be travelling with a 1 and a 4year old.
    Can anyone recommend any hotels in or near Sattahip?
    Travel ideas from Bangkok?
    What is the area like, entertainment for the kids etc?
    How long would it take to get from Pattaya to Sattahip?

All dvice greatfully recieved.
    Now off to get Passport for the little one and find some flights.....

Dave.

Member สมาชิก

Here we were, not planning to go further afield than good old blighty this year, due to the fact that Jai's sister is getting married next year. Making that a big holiday next year.
    Imagine my / our surprise after a telephone call today, to find out that the wedding is in fact this September.
    I suppose i should be used to these "surprises" by now.

Anyway the wedding is in Sattahip, which is south of Pattaya, neither of which we have visited before. We will be travelling with a 1 and a 4year old.
    Can anyone recommend any hotels in or near Sattahip?
    Travel ideas from Bangkok?
    What is the area like, entertainment for the kids etc?
    How long would it take to get from Pattaya to Sattahip?

All dvice greatfully recieved.
    Now off to get Passport for the little one and find some flights.....

Dave.

There are some very lovely beaches many the property of the Royal Navy who will be happy to let you in ( search here or google Dancing lady beach amongst others ). Seafood restaurants in the area are good value compared with Pattaya or Jomtien. For my part I would commute from Pattaya/Jomtien. Driving down Sukhumvitte Road it is about half an hour away ( and I was on a scooter ).

Have a lovely trip.

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Originally posted by Crockett10:
    ..... which is south of Pattaya, neither of which we have visited before.
    Dave.
    I love Patts but if you have never been and are with the wife and kids......Stay in Jomtien ( five mins south of Pattaya on the way to Satahip) beach, water park and lots of family hotels.

Richard
    It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Richard, I wasn't sure of the distances, so that gives me a better picture.

Dave

Hi Dave, I live in Sattahip, and must say, I agree with Richard. I don't know of any hotels in Sattahip itself that are suitable for foreigners with kids. Although Jomtien has an enormous beach, you would find the beaches at Sattahip much cleaner and less expensive. There are hotels in Ban Chang which is about 15 kilometres from Sattahip, going towards Rayong. About the same in minutes travelling. But I think Jomtien may be better as any taxi drivers and hotel staff will speak English. There are lots of things to entertain the kids on the road from Jomtien to Sattahip. Nong Nooch Village, for orchid farm, elephant show, and thai cultural show, Underwater World, with lots of sharks, rays, and variety of sea creatures from tropical waters.
    With regards to travel from Bangkok, a taxi will cost you about 1500 to 2000 baht. There are air-con coaches, but I personally don't know where you get them. Good luck. Dave.

There are air-con coaches, but I personally don't know where you get them.
    Ekamai Bus Station in Bangkok.
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Member สมาชิก

Looks like we will get collected from airport., so that problem will be taken care of.
    Jontiem beach seems like the best option for hotels.

Does anyone have any experience or recommendations of hotels or other accomadation in or around Jontiem?

Cheers Dave.

zipperwarrior

Hi Dave,

Try Jomtien Orchid at 800 THB. I know it's a worry with small children so it's peace of mind to get one in the bag. However once you are there you can look around. Good luck with the flight; shouldn't be too bad in September. Oh! yes it should be cooler then and expect some rain.

Peter