Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Bank Statements- 28 day rule

Kenyan Wife/ UK husband but requirements are the same as Thai wife-UK husband.
    Anyway, we seem to have got some conflicting information about the requirement that statements be less than 28 days old.
    Statements submitted went up to 17th March 2015
    Date of online application was 2nd April
    Date of document submission was 24th April (had some issues with marriage certificate, had to be reissued as out pastor made a mess of the first certificate and the registrar's office wouldn't accept them, took about 2 weeks to sort out)

Our visa advisor(she worked for the UKBA as an ECO for 8 years before starting up her own agency in Edinburgh) told us that the 28 day rule was limited to online applications, i.e. as long as the statements were less than 28 days old on the day you filled in and submitted the online application all was good you had some leeway in terms of document submission at the VAC.

When I've checked online however, the story is different, it seems as though bank statements should be less than 28 days old as of the document submission date...

Anyone care to clarify this from their own experience. Did we submit out of date bank statements?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Bank statements are needed for a variety of reasons..mainly to show salaries are being paid and that the 18600GBP hurdle is jumped. The 28 day rule means that the latest bank statement should not be older than 28 days when the visa application is applied for..You could always print off a mini statement just as you submit the application..It would not matter so much if your income is based on pensions or you are self employed . If your pay is way over the the 18600GBP level then again I doubt it would matter..What I did was simply print off the latest page of your bank statement just before I submitted the application.

Rookie มือใหม่

We were using salaried employment and savings, and statements for both were last dated 17th march...

We just went with what our advisor said and submitted the supporting documents without updated statements. I've found a few more posts from other people on other immigration boards who've stated that the rule is for online applications but of course making sure not to wait too long before submitting the supporting docs, so fingers crossed it doesn't bring any issues.
    I wanted to know so we could be more mentally prepared in case we messed up...fingers crossed and praying its not actually an issue and that the advisor was right.

I think you have left some important details out of your question.Did your spouse come to the UK on a fiancé visa? And are you applying for a spouse visa now.? Is VAC a visa application centre? All overseas visa applications are now online..certainly in Thailand anyway,and you would print off the application and hand it in along with the documentary evidence at the VFS centre.

Rookie มือใหม่

I'm the wife. We got married in Kenya, my husband is back in the UK and I made the application from here.
    Yeah I made the application online and paid for it and booked an appointment on the 2nd of April. However I only managed to get in to submit my docs on the 24th. Which made it seem as though our statements were about 37 days old(from the 17th of March) but apparently, the 28 day rule is applicable to online applications, so at the time you make your online application your bank statements should be 28 days old or less. So we should be fine according to sources I've enquired from.
    Thanks for the help though

I hope your visa application is successful. My wife applied in January of this year and hers took 2 weeks to be processed successfully.Good luck..