Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Book Standard Visitor visa - Girlfriends Cover Letter

Hi Everyone - I've spent a lot of time on this forum and am very pleased that I found it.

I've written a cover letter on behalf of my girlfriend to support her application for a Standard Visitor visa. Can you have a read of it and provide feedback please... Many thanks

The Trendy Office Building , 28th Floor,
    Sukhumbvit Soi 13, Klongtoey-Nua,
    Wattana, Bangkok 10110

1st August, 2015date

Dear Sir/Madam,

Letter from Xxxxx Xxxxxxx (Nang) in support of my application for a Standard Visitor visa

My name is Xxxxx Xxxxxxx but everybody calls me Nang. I’m writing this letter to support my application for a Standard Visitor Visa so I can go and see my boyfriend (Xxxxx Xxxxxxx) in the UK.

Xxxxx has explained to me that I don’t have to write a letter to you, but I want to write one the same as him and have asked him to help me. I am not always sure of the right words to say, so he has helped me a little, but the words are true and my own from my heart.

Our Relationship

We first met when Xxxxx came to Phuket in February 2015. He was on holiday and I was working in a shop. We got to know each other and entered into a relationship. We subsequently have grown very fond of each other. We speak together 2 or 3 times a day via FaceTime on our iPad/iPhone and WhatsApp message each other lots of times each day. Xxxxx came back to Thailand, for the 2nd time in July where we holidayed together, for 2 weeks, at the Xxxxx Xxxxxxx in Phuket.

I understand 5 months is not a very long time but our love for each other has grown very deep. I was working very long hours. Xxxxx told me to go back home and he will look after me. This is what is happening now. He sends money regularly to support me and my daughter.

I own my home where I live in the village with my daughter and parents.

My parents are very happy that I met Xxxxx and see that we are in love so much, he is a good man for me. They are happy for me to go to UK and stay with Xxxxx. They have seen pictures of his house and where I will stay in England.

Our Plans

Our plan is for me to travel to the UK in mid-September. Xxxxx has been allowed to take holiday to be with me for the first 2 weeks. I would like to stay in UK for the full 6 months of the visa but will buy an open return ticket in case I get homesick. However, we do have longer term plans, ideally we would like to get married next year in Thailand, but we want to take it one step at a time. My parents will look after my daughter and my home while I’m away.

Xxxxx will pay all my travel expenses and support me while I’m in the UK. He will also give me money to send home for my parents to look after my daughter.

Reasons to Return to Thailand

My daughter, I would return home for her alone and I have property, I own my home. Myself and Mark are very much in a relationship of depth and substance and I would never jeopardise a further visa application by not returning to Thailand.

I have provided the following documents to support my application:

a) Passport
    b) Uk Passport Size Photograph
    c) ID Card [photocopy]
    d) Divorce Certification
    e) My Birth Certificate
    f) Daughter’s Birth Certificate
    g) Financial Details
    h) Land & Property ownership
    i) Record of visits to Thailand by Xxxxx
    j) WhatsApp Instant Messaging Transcripts
    k) FaceTime Sample Call History
    l) Receipts for gifts sent
    m) Sample of Email Correspondence
    n) Photographs

Kind regards,

Xxxxx Xxxxxxx (Nang)

The reason to return looks weak (a job maybe) and I believe it is normal for the sponsor to write a letter.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I would write your own letter to support your g/f's application.
    I cannot think of a better reason for her to return than a daughter..and her own house..
    Go for it..good luck..

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    The reason to return looks weak (a job maybe) and I believe it is normal for the sponsor to write a letter.
    The problem is she doesn't have a job. I told her to quit and I will support her!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    I would write your own letter to support your g/f's application.
    I cannot think of a better reason for her to return than a daughter..and her own house..
    Go for it..good luck..
    Yes I will write my own letter as well, thanks for your feedback.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

and having an open ticket may not be a good idea. How can she leave her daughter for upto 6 months.....you need to say how long she will stay...

Premium Member

Hi isn't it the Entry Clearance Officer at the British Embassy your trying to convince not the VFS at the Trendy building I've always addressed my letters to the Embassy.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Don't forget if your supporting her for her visit they will want to see evidence of your ability to do so. I normally give them print offs of my last six months bank statements and a copy of my latest P60.
    Buy cheap, pay twice.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by fish View Post
    Don't forget if your supporting her for her visit they will want to see evidence of your ability to do so. I normally give them print offs of my last six months bank statements and a copy of my latest P60.
    no problem, I will add these thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stevie57 View Post
    Hi isn't it the Entry Clearance Officer at the British Embassy your trying to convince not the VFS at the Trendy building I've always addressed my letters to the Embassy.
    I've changed it to this:

The British Embassy
    14 Wireless Road Lumpini,
    Pathum Wan,
    Bangkok 10330

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthNick View Post
    and having an open ticket may not be a good idea. How can she leave her daughter for upto 6 months.....you need to say how long she will stay...
    What time period do you think I should say or how should I reword this sentence?

I would like to stay in UK for the full 6 months of the visa but will buy an open return ticket in case I get homesick.

I read this and thought it would be a good idea to change and also add more information, especially regarding an itinerary, do you have any plans for what she is going to do when you are back at work? You must ensure that she does not do any work/study or anything that would scupper your future together and with your paragraph it might leave doubt in the mind of an ECO?

What's thoughts on the below, but with your correct and truefull input?

Our plan is for me to travel to the UK in mid-September. Xxxxx is going to take holiday from work to be with me for the first 2 weeks. I will then (.../visit sites with xxxxx's family when he is back at work/be accompanied by xxxx's mum who does not work to visit the local area and tourist spots and spend evenings and weekends with xxxx playing scrabble). Ideally we would like to get married next year in Thailand, but we want to take it one step at a time. My parents will look after my daughter and my home while I’m away.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you KhunIanB. How about this....

Our plan is for me to travel to the UK in mid-September for 6 weeks. Xxxxx is going to take a holiday from work to be with me for the first 2 weeks.

I will then visit the local area and tourist spots like Covent Garden, Camden Market and Buckingham Palace with xxxxx's family when he is back at work. I will be accompanied by xxxx's sister and sister-in-law who do not work and spend evenings and weekends with xxxx and visit other places further away like Leeds Castle, Windsor Castle and Bodium Castle because I like castles.

Ideally we would like to get married next year in Thailand, but we want to take it one step at a time. My parents will look after my daughter and my home while I’m away.