Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Hello, Gary, Yes, I think your reference confirms the following change since new rules introduced in April 2015.

1. Stage 1 Settlement Visa is still issued and valid for a total of 33 months (my wife's recently Issued visa confirms this)

2. As the Visa holder now has to travel within 30 days of the "visa start date" (NOT to be confused with Visa Issue Date) then effectively this increases Stage 1 residence within the UK from 30 to 32 months and overall Stage 1 + Stage 2 Settlement time increases from 60 to 62 months. Do you agree?

Hello, Tobias, Yes, your statement agrees with my posting #18 above.

i am now interested in any other preparations I can do NOW before my wife and step daughter arrive on 4th September. It would appear there is little to no other preparation I can do NOW as I need to wait until they pick-up their Biometric Card at a local Post Office before I can do anything more? Maybe there is something I can do? Any suggestions please?

After their arrival and and getting their Biometric Card what should I do and prioritise? Lipboy.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Inform Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs that you are married and claim £17 a month extra in Marriage allowance..It should be for the whole tax year...You cannot claim this once your wife starts working and earns more than her tax allowance..

Quote Originally Posted by Lipboy View Post
    ...effectively this increases Stage 1 residence within the UK from 30 to 32 months and overall Stage 1 + Stage 2 Settlement time increases from 60 to 62 months. Do you agree?
    No.
    I have not seen anything (yet) that changes the "stage 1" settlement visa from 30 to 32 months. As far as the rules stand at the moment you can still apply for your FLR "stage 2" 28 days before the 30 month anniversary of the arrival in the UK.

This is what is so odd about this new "sticker" requiring the the visa holder to travel within 30 days (or seek a new "sticker" if it expires) when there is already a 3 month window for this.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Banned

Hi. Tudorowen1, I married in November 2014 and my wife settles in the UK in September 2015. Do you know if I can claim FROM either of these dates? OR do you think it is from start of 2015/2016 Tax Year (i.e.April 2015)? Also, you may only be able to claim so many months "back Marriage allowance"?

Hi. Gary, If you apply for 2nd stage settlement (FLR) 28 days prior to 30 month anniversary date and its granted prior to this 30 month anniversary date then OVERALL then Stage 1 plus Stage 2 remains at 60 months (not 62 as I suggested) so no real difference.

However, the new 30 day travel rule for Stage 1 effectively removes the previous 3 month window. Now there is only a 30 day window. Why has this been introduced to a group of Immigrants already well scrutinised during their Settlement Visa application process?

For or other readers please refer to my Post #21 above where I am seeking new suggestions in preparation for my wife and step daughter arrival?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

This marriage allowance only starts from April 6th 2015 so sadly you cannot claim for last year..You have to write to them and tell them you are married and hopefully they will contact you...

Premium Member

Congrats Lipboy
    Its a great relief to get the visas after all the hard work and then the waiting
    Re NI number
    My wife arrived in April
    Phoned the DWP number and they made an appointment at a Jobcentre Plus.
    Wife had a face to face interview. Take passport etc
    You just get a letter and no NI card anymore
    Agree with council tax statement (Tom & Nok) also ask them to make sure both your names are on the council tax Bill
    NHS number was easy after visting the Quacks and getting past the receptionist
    Wife had a check with practice nurse and they didn't want to see my 9 year old step son
    Try and get your wife to make contact with some local Thai ladies.
    This has really changed my wifes view of our area and she has a good social scene now. Making friends with a few parents at school has taken time.
    Cheers
    Kingy