Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  12
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    This is completely incorrect Rocketman.

Each case is decided upon its own merits - for example, see my post above.

Alan, go see a lawyer - many will give 30 minutes free.
    No it's not

She's entitled to half unless he negotiates
    Fact

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by -Keith- View Post
    No she's not
    Yes she is

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

A wife is not entitled to half the assets of any marriage..Eash case is decided on its own merits..It depends what each party brought to the marriage ,the length of the marriage and the relative ages of each party..If the marriage is short and without children then it is totally different to a longstanding one..In general if the marriage is long..say 12 years or so an ex spouse will be entitled to 50 per cent of all the assets ..My marriage was 14 years long and I think myself lucky to have had a 52/48 percent split of all assets in my favour..Each financial settlement has to be fair and reasonable..It can be arrived at amicably or can be decided by the court...

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    A wife is not entitled to half the assets of any marriage..Eash case is decided on its own merits..It depends what each party brought to the marriage ,the length of the marriage and the relative ages of each party..If the marriage is short and without children then it is totally different to a longstanding one..In general if the marriage is long..say 12 years or so an ex spouse will be entitled to 50 per cent of all the assets ..My marriage was 14 years long and I think myself lucky to have had a 52/48 percent split of all assets in my favour..Each financial settlement has to be fair and reasonable..It can be arrived at amicably or can be decided by the court...
    Are you a divorce lawyer or solicitor in general?

I am

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rocketman View Post
    Alanr

She's entitled to half of everything inc your pension unless she agrees to less

Best thing is to negotiate

No it's not

Fact

This is also complete nonsense.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Stay home. Protect the NHS. Save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    This is also complete nonsense.
    You're nonsense

I am
    I was going to ask if you were the one that represented my ex-wife, but then that would be divorced from reality.

Rocketman..If you resort to insults you have already lost the argument....( Margaret Thatcher)

Doesn't the amount depend largely on time, and if there are children? i.e in a marriage lasting one year a spouse will be entitled (under UK law [?]) to much less than if the marriage lasted 20 years+. (This is only based on what I've read and heard from others).

update: Which is what tudorowen wrote a few posts above
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

No it's not

Fact
    I don't know where you get your facts from but may I ask, how many times you have been divorced? Unfortunately, I have been divorced 4 times so I'd take a guess that I'm a little more qualified than you to comment on this matter.

Tobias however, is, unless you haven't guessed by now, a lawyer and as such, way more qualified than either of us. You should not offer advice as 'fact' unless you are absolutely sure of your 'facts'. If its an opinion, say so.

In no way whatsoever, is a spouse guaranteed half of the assets of a marriage even if the other doesn't negotiate. If that was the case I'd have been broke years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I don't know where you get your facts from but may I ask, how many times you have been divorced? Unfortunately, I have been divorced 4 times so I'd take a guess that I'm a little more qualified than you to comment on this matter.
    Phil, he implied in a previous post that he was a divorce lawyer. Whether there is any truth in that, we will probably never know. I just found some of his posts very rude, which you would of thought he would of learned from, since he was banned previously.

Blog Entries

I am

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Phil, he implied in a previous post that he was a divorce lawyer. Whether there is any truth in that, we will probably never know. I just found some of his posts very rude, which you would of thought he would of learned from, since he was banned previously.
    Greg, given the 'advice' he has posted I can safely state with a 100% certainty that the poster in question has absolutely no legal training whatever.

He's been suspended and banned from here so many times for posting drivel and insults and he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson so one of the Mod team removed him again. We don't need that type of 'contributor' here.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Thank goodness for that.

No it's not

Fact
    And there was me thinking his wife was posting using his account

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    I think he has an entirely different occupation Greg - one that some people say can make you go blind ;-)

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

He's been suspended and banned from here so many times for posting drivel and insults and he clearly hasn't learnt his lesson so one of the Mod team removed him again. We don't need that type of 'contributor' here.
    Dee mak!

Ash,
    you will I see that I 'liked' your post about getting shafted.
    I didn't mean it that way. I liked it after the first few sentences as I agreed entirely with your experience as it was identical to mine (ie we were both separating swimmingly, until she got a Legal Aid solicitor who clearly muddied the waters, kicked the process into the long grass and dragged things out and she ended with less than what I had initially offered).
    My experience with Divorce is if both are decent intelligent people who recognise life just grew them apart and both love the kids, there is no reason why they can't sort out 95% of the stuff themselves and then take legal advice at the end to getting things lodged and signed off.

Quote Originally Posted by HappyCar View Post
    (ie we were both separating swimmingly, until she got a Legal Aid solicitor who clearly muddied the waters, kicked the process into the long grass and dragged things out and she ended with less than what I had initially offered).
    Is it often because they are paid for their time? I've often heard people say the only winners in a divorce are the solicitors.
    I knew a couple who divorced and instead of helping them get through it as painlessly as possible, people just sought to take advantage of their situation ( those commisioned to sell their house and the 'professional' person who quickly made an offer within a few days).
    Last edited by marshall; 19th Oct 2016 at 10:33.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Is it often because they are paid for their time? I've often heard people say the only winners in a divorce are the solicitors.
    I knew a couple who divorced and instead of helping them get through it as painlessly as possible, people just sought to take advantage of their situation ( those commisioned to sell their house and the 'professional' person who quickly made an offer within a few days).
    Are you suggesting dishonesty and collusion?
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Are you suggesting dishonesty and collusion?
    They took the house off the market and discovered the person who made the offer knew the person who they'd ask for help selling. They sold their house soon after for tens of thousands more. Make of it what you will.