Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Cost of an MRI scan..in Thailand..

Anyone give me a rough idea how much an MRI scan might be in Thailand in a reasonable private or Government hospital outside Bangkok..? I know Bangkok Hospitals in Hua Hin and Pattaya are expensive ..

I know the Thonburi Hospital in Roi Et does MRI scans and are sensibly priced. Their address is 166 Patthamanon , Naimuang, Roi Et 45000. Their number is 043-527-191 (several lines from suffix 192 to 199). Not sure if you are based in UK presently but let me know if you need help calling from Uk. Roi Et airport is 50 minutes from Don Muang. Let me know if you need a reliable taxi service to pick you up at the airport. He takes my wife to and from the airport regularly and has sensible prices. I visited the hospital and the prices are really sensible. Give them a call. You may care to give the public hospital a miss - take a look at my experience in this link:
    http://newlifeinthailand.weebly.com/...-thai-hospital

The prices of the Thonburi rooms and a few other treatments are included in the blog at the end - see the slide show. Best wishes.

I would beg to suggest that an MRI would cost more than ultrasound. It maybe fair to suggest that the quality of the clinician doing the report may need to be considered. Assuming a report is required.
    Might I also suggest asking for prices at the Bangkok Christian hospital.

My experience with hospitals is that whilst the doctors may speak English getting past the language barrier with the receptionist or indeed the nursing staff might be more challenging.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Thanks to both of you for your replies..I would hope an MRI would cost about 10000 baht upwards..I know in the UK they can cost around £500 plus in a private hospital..
    And Linne is quite right..the interpretation of the results depends on the clinician ..
    I have been to Bangkok Christian Hospital for some basal cell skin cancer removal and that was very reasonable..and good service..