Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Book LITUK: Quality of test centres

Hi Everyone, the missus has said she wants to take a stab at the LITUK test so I have been looking at some of the local test centres. Have to say, they don't look the most salubrious establishments I've seen (not the local ones, anyway)! Plus, my computer keeps getting redirected to online learning courses "guaranteeing" a pass!! Does anybody know; can the test centre selected "interfere" with sitting the test or how the results might turn out or are they all "hot-wired" directly into the .Gov computerised test centre so, in reality it shouldn't make any difference where one takes the test? Suspicious conspiracy theorist; Moi? Cheers - Al

Mrs booked hers at Harrow College before a England game at Wembley , everything looked ok to me , but I just waited about 25/30 minutes ...
    She knew she d passed and the results went electronically to the Home Office that was 2009 , dont think it would make any difference where yours Mrs takes it results wise , but maybe some places are more comfortable than others .
    England beat Slovakia 4-0 ...
    Where ever your Mrs takes the test fingers crossed and good luck
    bangkok mags

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wherever she does do it make sure she had a CURRENT proof of address. Last time my mrs attempted it she was almost refused entry because the bank statement she took as proof was just over 3 months old

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting and sound advice Mr Toddmeister. Upon reading it I paid another visit to the website to check what is accepted as "proof of address" - and my missus hasn't got any of those listed!! The only letters she has from the HO of HMRC are well over 3 months old. Classed as a "lodger" by my local authority she has nothing from the council, or utility suppliers in her name and doesn't have a bank account! Surely, they must have encountered this before? Any ideas, anyone??

hi, just read this thread, so maybe a little late; I set up a basic bank account for my wife with hsbc quite easily. used them because I bank with them myself, but no doubt most banks will offer some sort of account. Don't know what your personal situation is, but a bank account could be useful for proof of address when applying for F.L.R. - least ways I hope it'll be useful cos that's just about all I've got when the time comes for us to apply for FLR Good luck with lituk if missus hasn't taken it yet.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ toddmeister's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Marvinpie I would suggest you start looking at additional sources of documentation for your Mrs FLR application. I'm just pulling together my wife's (2nd) FLR(M) application as she still hasn't passed LITUK yet. Anyway, they ask for correspondence from at least three different sources so you'll need to provide more than just bank statements as proof if living together. Presumably you've added your Mrs to the Council tax bill? That could be another source. We've also used letters addressed to us jointly from HMRC things like that. If you can't provide enough correspondence in joint names (6x spread over the 2 year period from 3x different sources) then you have to provide additional letters addressed to you both individually.

Make sure you keep everything "official" addressed to your wife even if you think it's not required. By "official" I mean things like hospital or doctors appointment letters on NHS headed paper, the letter sent from jobcentre issuing her NI number, P45/P60 or payslips, that kind of thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice toddmeister. I am keeping everything I think might be classed as proof. regarding the council tax bill, I have declared I am no longer a single occupier, but don't think she is named in person. will have to chase that one up. her N.I. number was sent to our old address, but I suppose if I have proof I was at that address at the same time, that will suffice. Goodluck with 2nd flr.