Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default When/Where to ask for visa issue after winning appeal?

So... appeal allowed early September but still no word/letter/email/call from the Embassy in Bangkok for the visa to be issued. 3 months now, I understand that is past the limit for the HO to counter appeal. Is it commonplace to have to wait this long? Apart from the local MP who else can requests and/or complaints be made to? I'm very grateful for any advice that you can offer.

Banned

1. VisaEnquiries.Bangkok@fco.gov.uk

2. complaints@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk

in November 2014 I complained about a Visa issued incorrectly by Bangkok British Embassy to the Home Office "on-line" complaints contact, refer to 2. above.

Within 7 days I received a detailed denial from 1. above.

i suggest you initially send your complaint to 2. above so that it is logged in London. I think they will automatically forward this on to Bangkok from where you should receive a reply within say 7 days? If not then send DIRECT to Bangkok, refer to 1. above.

Hope you have better luck than me (supported by my MP)

Many thanks for the advice, emails to both sent this morning. Fingers crossed I don't hold out much hope for my MP: he is the very ex-Immigration Minister that sent the billboards around London saying something like, "Go home or face arrest". Then forced to resign when it transpired his maid was illegal. Last time I asked him for help he did a big fat nothing (despite promises). Apparently he only has time for self promotion at any potential photo' opportunity.

Banned

Hi. Timbo, Did you receive a satisfactory reply to your E.mails?

Nope, nothing from anyone. Gone 7 days from VisaEnquiries - nada, Complaints say they will respond within 20 working days, so they have time to redeem themselves yet. My MP or his minions are not talkative either. I'm out of options! And fully appreciate how much of a truly valued member of society I am.

Banned

At least I received an E.mail reply from Bangkok British Embassy (that was NOT satisfactory) PLUS a letter from the Home Office (that simply referred back to the Embassy E.mail) PLUS a "repeated" Home Office letter after I complained to my MP.

My matter was never corrected (the Embassy had Issued my wife's UK Visitor Visa with incorrect dates) and as I was about to apply for Settlement Visa for her I never pursued the matter (in case we upset Bangkok further) and changing air flight bookings cost me over £100 caused by the error of the British Embassy in Bangkok.

if I had pursued it further then I was going to sue the Home Office using the "Small Claims" Court and my MP agreed with this method of "taking the matter forward" as I had a lot of evidence proving my case. This was the 2nd Tourist Visa issued to my wife with incorrect dates, the 1st issued 5 weeks to early and the 2nd just 2 days to early.

The chances of a Judge over-ruling the Home Office is probably slim BUT it would force the Home Office to take your complaint seriously AND FORCE them to respond to you via the Court. If they did not reply to the Court then the Court will AUTOMATICALLY find in your favour.

i am not sure if your complaint would be heard as the S.C.C. , for my understanding is it will only deal with financial claims? Therefore, you probably can only use the S.C.C. if you suffered a financial loss caused by Home Office / British Embassy not responding to you?

Sue the the Home Office not British Embassy as the Court will only have juristriction within the UK. Make sure you have documented evidence of your complaint and prove of financial loss caused by British Embassy (Home Office) inaction?
    Last edited by Lipboy; 5th Jan 2016 at 19:12. Reason: Correct spelling