Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Change to FLR(M) English Language Requirement w.e.f. October 2016

At present, an application for FLR(M) must include evidence of a pass in a Home Office approved English language speaking & listening test at a minimum of CEFR Level A1.

The Home Office has announced that the minimum acceptable standard in English speaking & listening for an FLR(M) application will be raised from CEFR Level A1 to CEFR Level A2 with effect from October 2016.

Further details will be published by the Home Office over the coming weeks.

Rookie มือใหม่

Another change - this will be my wife third test - A1 Bulats for settlement visa passed - goverment changed to A1 KET test - now FLR change money money money - pain pain pain[/QUOTE]

Member สมาชิก

My wife got the BULATS A1 for her first TLR visa 19 months ago . When she came to live in the UK she attended the local college and received a City & Guilds ESOL Skills for Life Entry Level 2.

Will this cover the new A2 requirement for her FLR visa next year?

Thanks

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

At the moment the details of this new rule have not been sorted out properly .The UK Gov will put more details on their website in due course...

Member สมาชิก

after looking on the link above it states this:
    "The government recognises the need to give those affected sufficient time to prepare for the new test which is why the new requirement will not be implemented before October 2016"
    my wife's leave to enter visa expires in october 2016 so hear next visa is the FLR(AF). i know its possible to submit the application 28 days in advance. do you believe if i submit before october she will be safe o nher current A1 level test pass?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne88 View Post
    ...the new requirement will not be implemented before October 2016"
    my wife's leave to enter visa expires in october 2016 so hear next visa is the FLR(AF). i know its possible to submit the application 28 days in advance. do you believe if i submit before october she will be safe o nher current A1 level test pass?
    As long as her current A1 level test pass is what is currently required for this visa then yes it will be OK.
    Apply 28 days before the required anniversary time of your current visa and your application and all submitted will be taken from that date, even if you do not hear anything until after Oct 2016 she will be OK
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Just an update:

Trinity is now offering a Home Office approved CEFR level A2 secure English language test (SELT) to meet the new English speaking and listening requirement of a minimum of level A2 for FLR applications made from October 2016.

It's a seven minute speaking and listening test.

See here.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Hi so the a2 speaking and listening test will come in October 2016 for flr what if you bypass this and do b1 will this be accepted, as it just looks like money more money my misses has been studying for b1 not a2

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Yes ..of course it will be accepted because it is a higher standard than A2...B1 is needed for indefinite leave to remain..ILR..so you will be saving your wife the need to take that exam when she applies for ILR after 5 years residence.
    The Government are only insisting on A2 standard at the FLR stage to show there has been progress in the standard of English since the applicant has been in the country.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Thank you I thought that did send a email to test center but haven't had a reply,,same as how long does the b1 last for, very sketchy replies, but I have read on here if you use for flr then you can use it for ilr think that be the route taken, thanks again.