Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Peejay1959's Avatar

Default Need British Embassy Bangkok email address, URGENT!!!

Wifey took her settlement application in today. VFS asked her for her IHS number, she didn't have it and I was fast asleep, it being 3am here. I thought the embassy would have access to that online. She says I can email to the embassy, but they didn't give her an address. Does anybody know an address that will go to the visa section?

Pete and Tia

It's difficult getting in touch (by design?). There is no direct way to contact the Visa Section at the embassy. Officially you can go by the website. https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-outside-uk This is the UK correspondence Hub, choose the country and fill in the details. This will not be treated as urgent: you will get a reply eventually.... They use one email address out of Bangkok "bangkvisainfo@fco.gov.uk" but they won't reply to it for a first point of enquiry but may well message you from it after you have already made contact at which time you may reply to it and get answers. Forget the premium phone number, the first line support won't understand your question and just send you a email requesting more info GWF number etc. and you'll get into an endless loop of template responses. Frankly, In my opinion they are not trained to a level to be of any use except for the most basic enquiries. Plus it's expensive. I paid £7.97 for what seemed like a 2 minute conversation. You'll end up at the same place if you use the correspondence hub for free. You'll get there eventually, so don't be put off - it may take a week or two. Then there's making a complaint - which they aim to respond to within 20 days and try to resolve in 12 weeks

Thanks Timbo, I have gone round in circles with them all day, but finally got an acknowledgement that they have "escalated" it.

Pete and Tia

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I think you should be okay anyway.
    You have to complete the IHS payment section/step of the visa application before it can be completed and submitted anyway.

If they needed to they could probably link the visa reference number with the IHS number easily.

Last year you couldn't do the IHS payment on visa4uk and had to pay it on whatever site it was and write that reference number on the front of your application form.
    I always put all reference numbers in the last box of the form where you can add your comments to be considered as well in case they lose any pages on the form.

Thanks Dsw, I wish, with hindsight, I had written it somewhere on the application, but just assumed it would be seen on their system, after all you can't go on to pay for the visa and print the form off until you pay the IHS!! I hope it is just VFS being outdated in their requirements. I have managed to get some sort of response from the contact page to say they have "escalated" it. My big worry now is the wrong date of exit for her visit visa from 2012 appearing on the form. (see my other post)

Pete and Tia