Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Supporting Documents and the 28 day rule for Settlement Visa

Hello all...need help, again!

I am sorting documents for my wife's settlement visa application which we plan to apply for in June this year, I need some help regarding supporting documents....

Which documents come under the 28 day rule (i.e. which need to be dated within 28 days of them being handing in to the Embassy.

Is it just Bank statements and Wage slips?..,or does it cover other documents, like the Land Registry title register and letter from my Employer?

Cheers for any advise!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ vanbobble's Avatar

Not sure but personally I would look to have all dated within 30 days.. fresh land registry documents are available to download for a few £ from the Landregistry.gov website.

I asked for both letter from my work and got them to print out fresh payslips (on the blue paper) at the same time, as I frequently misplace them!

Member สมาชิก

I think the more the better, for reference we got visa today with a mortgage statement dated December and work letter from November.

Member สมาชิก

Hi Garnett45 - just to be clear - you're saying you got a settlement visa Today, with a mortgage statement that was around 3 months old, and a work letter that was around 4 months old ? That would suit me fine - i'm worried about this '28-day rule' as i'm in LoS trying to get up to date docs from the UK.

Could admin or mods please weigh in on this topic - it's crucial for me.

What is this 28 day rule?
    The only 28 day rule I have heard of is that you are able to apply for your visa 28 days before the required anniversary for that visa
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Member สมาชิก

Good question. I'm only following on from a lot of posts here and there such as those above, such as - "Not sure but personally I would look to have all dated within 30 days."...and "Which documents come under the 28 day rule (i.e. which need to be dated within 28 days of them being handing in to the Embassy".

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I've never heard of that before. Ideally it would be better to have your documents as recent as possible.

The below link is for the Appendix FM-SE guide on how to provide supporting documents and format they like it in etc:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigrat...ified-evidence

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Peejay1959's Avatar

My mortgage statement was a year old, not had this years yet, they only come annually from my mortgage company. My employers letter was undated. Council tax statement was also last years. I had a problem with my bank statements in that they are issued 1 day before payday, so I printed one off and popped in to get it stamped, this is important as the wage slips and bank statements must match and be less than 28 days old.

Pete and Tia

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Peejay1959 - sorry if you've already posted this, but do you mean you got a settlement visa with a 1-year old mortgage statement, and an old council tax bill ? Cheers.

My GF's settlement visa was granted a few weeks ago.

My latest council tax only arrived a few days ago for April so I supplied mine from last year. As has already been mentioned a mortgage statement is only issued once a year and I supplied the last two years for my mortgage and a single photo of the house. No floor plans, or anything from the land registry that so many people supply.

I think bank statements need to be very recent unless you are self employed. People who are salaried will give you better info than me on this. It's an odd anomaly because I submitted accounts for the last full financial year which finished on April 2015 so that all of the bank statements I supplied were between 10 months and 22 months old.

Member สมาชิก

From my side, yes got with mortgage statement from December as I get them every qtr, and I had a letter from work dated November. I had recent utility bills so included them but my council tax bill was a full year from months ago so that wasnt dated within 30 days for sure. Pay slips and bank statements should be right upto date though. I included my original work contract so wouldn't be recent but didn't do any harm..

Member สมาชิก

Thanks rasg, Peejay1959, Dsw727, Gary & Nok, vanbobble and garnett45 - always best to have actual reports from the field! Summing up i suppose one could say that the '28-day rule' should be taken seriously in terms of wage-slips or bank-statements showing salary, but other documents which are often only issued annually or quarterly etc might be given some leeway as to dating. I wish they'd just accept online print-outs in this 'paperless' era, it would make life so much easier. Obviously they are trying to guard against forgeries or tampered documents, but i can't imagine many people would try to alter figures on a company print-out.

They do accept online printouts. Visit visas are simpler.

All I did was printed each month out, stapled them together month by month and popped them into my local Santander and they stamped and dated the top page of each month. This was for the GFs settlement visa. I think they will also accept a covering letter from the bank but the stamping took ten minutes.

The background on my statements has "online statement" as a watermark in the background. If yours don't and you get them printed on a laser printer nobody would know the difference...
    Last edited by rasg; 31st Mar 2016 at 09:13.

Member สมาชิก

Cheers rasg - i wish i could 'pop in' to a few places to get stamps but i'm trying to do it all from here in Thailand.

Interested in your point about watermarks in print-outs. Ironically, the Barclays bank print-outs are more flash looking with all the blue styling than the bank's own statements which are just a dull looking black on white. Hadn't thought of using a laser printer - that's interesting. Final job - fold all print-out pages into three sections to look like normal post !

Most of the banks use standard cheap 80 gsm copy paper. Nothing special about it but it looks different to inkjet. Most copy shops have it.

Just checked my Santander Annual account summary. They use Xerox Colortech A4 80 gsm paper.
    Last edited by rasg; 31st Mar 2016 at 13:53.