Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Life in the UK Test

Hi, Has anyone advise on study material for the Life in the UK Test.

ie books or cd`s they have recently used.
    Also I need to look at study material for my 13 year old step daughter to help her learn, they will start life here in May ( can`t wait ).

Thanks Les.

Hi Les

Nok came over to the UK with me last May and it was a wonderful time of the year to begin living in the UK.

Nok found the book "The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Thai and English" by Saengduean and Andrew Thompson to be "OK". I bought her this as part of her Santa sack of Christmas goodies! She says that there are lots of good online practice tests and she uses these to help her to learn the correct answers. I'll ask her to let me have the websites that she's found particularly helpful.

I'm not sure where you live, Les, but in our part of London, the council runs free "Everyday English" ESOL courses (speaking & listening, and reading & writing). These seem include paying regard to "British values" and I've seen that they do cover some elements of the Life in the UK test and Nok has found these classes useful too.

Enjoy!

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    Hi Les

Nok came over to the UK with me last May and it was a wonderful time of the year to begin living in the UK.

Nok found the book "The Life in the UK Test Handbook: in Thai and English" by Saengduean and Andrew Thompson to be "OK". I bought her this as part of her Santa sack of Christmas goodies! She says that there are lots of good online practice tests and she uses these to help her to learn the correct answers. I'll ask her to let me have the websites that she's found particularly helpful.

I'm not sure where you live, Les, but in our part of London, the council runs free "Everyday English" ESOL courses (speaking & listening, and reading & writing). These seem include paying regard to "British values" and I've seen that they do cover some elements of the Life in the UK test and Nok has found these classes useful too.

Enjoy!

Tom

Thanks Tom for the reply,
    I live in Haverhill Suffolk,any help or advice about learning will be useful. My wife Apple came last year for 3 months, but now we have the settlement visa, the worry is setting in about leaving her life in Thailand, but the good thing is her daughter is coming as well.

Thanks Les.

Rookie มือใหม่

I would recommend using https://lituktest.com/

Tests can be found here https://lituktest.com/life-in-the-uk-test/

Revision and free online handbook can be found here https://lituktest.com/handbook/

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

My advice is: get her the original books and get her to read them with a English-Thai dictionary and a pen or pencil by her side. V

She will have to take the test in English so she will have to learn the vocabulary. It will have to go into her head.

At first my wife thought that she could pass simply by doing a lot of multi-choice questions on the internet and memorising those. I pointed out that they could invent different questions all the time and that all of those questions would be based on the book. After one fail, she agreed and started to read the book properly. It was hard, because she had to stop every other word to look it up and scribble it down and the book ended up covered with translations and highlights of all colours, but she passed the next time she took the test.

Very occasionally she'd ask me something (if the book's going on about Vikings or serfs or something old, sometimes the dictionary doesn't help!) but most of the time she was just quietly, slowly, reading. It's hard going, especially at first - a page or two a day.

LWTG. That's exactly what I told Nat to do and every morning when I left for work at 4-45 am she was studying. Passed life in UK first time. Best way to do it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by livingwithathaigirl View Post
    My advice is: get her the original books and get her to read them with a English-Thai dictionary and a pen or pencil by her side. V

She will have to take the test in English so she will have to learn the vocabulary. It will have to go into her head.

At first my wife thought that she could pass simply by doing a lot of multi-choice questions on the internet and memorising those. I pointed out that they could invent different questions all the time and that all of those questions would be based on the book. After one fail, she agreed and started to read the book properly. It was hard, because she had to stop every other word to look it up and scribble it down and the book ended up covered with translations and highlights of all colours, but she passed the next time she took the test.

Very occasionally she'd ask me something (if the book's going on about Vikings or serfs or something old, sometimes the dictionary doesn't help!) but most of the time she was just quietly, slowly, reading. It's hard going, especially at first - a page or two a day.

Hi, is there a english /thai dictionary you would recommend.

Rookie มือใหม่

If you are interested in buying "Life in the United Kingdom A Guide for New Residents - 3rd Edition" go to the official site https://www.tsoshop.co.uk/Life-in-the-UK/. It costs £12.99. You can avail free study materials from websites i.e. https://www.ukcitizenshiptests.com/3...n-study-guide/

Do not forget to get enough practice before sitting for the test. I passed the exam with 90% in March 2016. Try this https://www.ukcitizenshiptests.com/practice-test/

All the best!