Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

Hi All

After months of putting all the documents together Kate applied for a tourist visa on Wednesday at the VFS office in Bangkok. She didn't think we'd hear anything until next week so we've not checked the status on their website until today. Anyway as I phone over the internet we thought we'd check while we were chatting this afternoon and their website says

"The passport has been received from the British Embassy, please collect the passport from the UK Visa Application Centre where it was submitted"

Although we're pleased to know they've decided it does not tell us the one thing we really want to know! Did she get it or not!!!!

Does anyone who's used this website know if it normally says if you were successful? As it does not say we're worried and having to wait until Monday to find out this is going to be one long long weekend!!

Thanks

Kate & David

Member สมาชิก

Hi All

After months of putting all the documents together Kate applied for a tourist visa on Wednesday at the VFS office in Bangkok. She didn't think we'd hear anything until next week so we've not checked the status on their website until today. Anyway as I phone over the internet we thought we'd check while we were chatting this afternoon and their website says

"The passport has been received from the British Embassy, please collect the passport from the UK Visa Application Centre where it was submitted"

Although we're pleased to know they've decided it does not tell us the one thing we really want to know! Did she get it or not!!!!

Does anyone who's used this website know if it normally says if you were successful? As it does not say we're worried and having to wait until Monday to find out this is going to be one long long weekend!!

Thanks

Kate & David

It never says if you are successful. They won't tell you on the phone either.

BigRed

David,

you'll have to wait until Monday when the envelope is opened.

Sounds hopeful if you only submitted it on Wednesday. As you've provided quite a lot of documents to support the application, it's unlikely to have been refused without interview.

Good luck and let us know how you get on. Only a day to go to find out...

Packpao

Member สมาชิก

Hi BigRed and Packpao

Thanks for the advice. I guess we'll just have to wait until Kate goes to collect her passport on Monday. Maybe I'll get some good news with my cornflakes Monday morning!

Tomorrow though is going to be a very long day...........

Thanks again

David

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

David, that is exactly what it said when Ya got her VV, and that took just under a week.

Good luck

Tman

Said that on Cat's, she was successful and fortunately we checked on the web in the morning and rushed over on the BTS! Nobody knows at the VSF - they give you sealed envelope which we opened sitting in the queue. They didn't require an interview so it looks hopeful... Good luck anyway.

Christopher

Member สมาชิก

Hi

Thanks everybody for the advice and good wishes!

Today Kate collected her visitor visa from the VFS office and she and I are over the moon!! Was just like you all said she had to go there and open the envelope to get the good news. Daft thing is we could probably have got it last week as it's dated the 11th which is amazing as Kate only applied on the 10th!! We just never thought it could be so quick!!

Thanks again!!!

Kate & David

Member สมาชิก
    Guildford, Surrey. UK./Sa Kaeow and Prachin Buri, Thailand

Hi Kate and David,

congratulations, another wonderful result, well done to you both.

best wishes,

Dave.

dont judge me by my past, I dont live there anymore.

David & Aree

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Great news Now you can proceed to step two and see what Kate thinks of life in the UK
    Lucky

I've tried to track a visa application but I must be doing something wrong. I'm putting the passport number in and then trying the 5 digit recipt number and the applicant number but it doesn't seem to work. Anyone know exactly what I should be putting in ??
    Mark
    ควาย

Congrats from us
    colin 244 & Dao

Fantastic News! Exactly the same happened to me... Cat was saying 'check the internet, check the internet' but I kept telling her that it would take a couple of weeks! The tip is check it in the morning so you can rush over that afternoon.

Mark, if I can remember they highlight the number you enter with a yellow marker (it's like a shopping receipt they staple to your passport photocopy they give you). I think my number was much longer than 5 digits and had letters in it. Look for a longer number. Take care that it's a 0 (number) and not an o (letter)

Hope this helps
    Christopher

Congratulations

BigRed

Member สมาชิก

Hi everybody

Thanks for all the congratulations!! It's really showing us not just how useful but just how FRIENDLY this site is!!

Mark, Kate gave me a number like THAC/123456/1234 to put into the site along with her passport number to track the application. Good luck!!

Kate & David

Kate&David well done all the best
    cheers Andy

David

The THAC/ number sounds very familiar. I even think it may end /001 (if it's your first attempt)

Christopher

Mark, Kate gave me a number like THAC/123456/1234 to put into the site along with her passport number to track the application. Good luck!!

Yep, got that number, i'll try again.
    Mark
    ควาย

Tried again, no luck, maybe they only tell you once it's back at the VFS. Mai pen rai
    Mark
    ควาย