Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Old Hand มือเก่า

Default Quick report for kid's stuff in Pattaya

I have been to a few places recently and should share so anyone visiting the area can accommodate the kids.

Swiss Sheep farm - Newish tourist attraction near Silverlake. Super place for kids to visit. Animals really well taken care of plus lovely grounds to walk around in.

A few miles up the same road is the new Ramayana water Park.. Great fun for all ages. Slightly dear and the fact they then charge for lockers on top really annoyed me but a great experience for a family. No queues largely because its far from the beaten track and most Thais won't shell out that much or are petrified of getting "black" skin.

Harbor Mall has loads for kids to do and is reasonably priced. Compared to the rip-off kings that is Central its well worth a trip. Just on the s'vit side of Central road.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I visited the Pattaya Sheep Farm back in 2014. I'm not sure whether it was new then as looked like they had a few things to finish off but I enjoyed it.
    Nice and cheap as well which suits me.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Sheep farm in Thailand? How warm are those sheep?! Do they keep them shorn all year or keep them in air conditioned barns all the time?

Swiss sheep farm, been there did the report not worth the time of day or the cost, prices in the trip trip report a complete rip off or was then.
    Been to Harbor another shopping mall with kid things seemed somewhat expensive for Thailand and the fact that you pay for the kids to play is one thing but to have to pay a similar price to watch them stopped me. They say they are opening an ice rink in October and a fake snow play area. Skating in Bangkok is about 300 to 400bt a session I reckon they will put a mark up on this and probably charge you for the privilege of watching your kids. Something that isn't done anywhere else I have been except for the rip off water parks.

Old Hand มือเก่า

There is more than one Swiss sheep farm apparently. This one is on the way from S'Vit Road to Silverlake and costs about 80 baht if you show you live here. The coffee and cakes came to about 100 baht each and the animal food is free with a ticket. Certainly good value for me.

I cringe when they charge me to watch also but in reality, if you have small children you need an outlet for them to play with A/C. Harbour Mall costs me about 180 baht all day for me and the sniper which is good value especially when I can nip in and out when I want.

The floating market is the best example of Rip off Thailand by charging foreigners to pay for the privelege of spending money.

Totally agree about the floating market, how much are they charging now to enter, I used to go when it was free, I think they wanted 100bt last time I visited but I didn't go in. It is after all a shopping mall.
    Barnet I think you should take a look at Greta Farm it was free to enter and animal food 20 bht a throw, trampolines used to be free but now 20 bht, they look after the animals well too. There are other things to do like archery and pony rides for the kids maybe a little on the expensive side and the restaurant food too, but you don't have to do these things. They are also doing some work at one end of the farm but couldn't find out what it was from the staff, it may be finished now so perhaps a return visit is in order.
    PS it's in the same area as Swiss sheep farm but a little further south.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Its now 280 for 3 hours in Harbor Mall, 60 baht for socks and 150 to watch.....so they've really let themselves down in my opinion.

That was sort of the impression I got when I was there, didn't like it didn't pay.