Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Scenical World

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Scenical World

Just came across this theme park while on fb, just wondering if anyone has been and would they recommend it.

http://www.scenicalworld.com/

I haven't been there yet, even though its almost on my doorstep. I didn't realise you were visiting my area Greg, when are you over? Its been a while .

I'm arriving on 17 August but will only be at home for a couple of days before going up to Buriram for my wedding on 20th. Down to Koh Chang on 22nd then a bit of jigging around but will be back at home (Khao Yai) from 30th to 6th September. I haven't visited many of the tourist attractions yet but I'm familiar with quite a few local watering holes so if you fancy a beer?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

It has been a while Phil, our last trip to Thailand was xmas 2012 but I have had health issues since 2014.

We arrive on the 13th August, staying in BKK then heading down to Hua Hin on the 18th till the 26th. We will then probably be heading back to BKK as we fly back on the 31st. We have already booked accommodation up to the 26th but have left the last few days open if we fancy somewhere different, hence the post.

Well Khao Yai is certainly different Greg - hardly a westerner in sight for one thing. There's plenty to see and do but some of its not so obvious. I'm finding new places all the time. The National Park is absolutely stunning - I just wish they didn't rip foreigners to get in. Anyone visiting the park, I'd recommend one of the day tours - pricey but they know where to see the wildlife, some of which is spectacular. Bats coming out of a cave on the mountain side - sounds boring but they just keep coming for 45 minutes!!! Elephants and Crocs in their natural environment and if you are lucky enough to get one of the more experienced guides - some very rare species like Gaur, wild cattle.

If you do end up in the area and want somewhere reasonable to stay, a friend of mine runs a small bar/resort up the road in Pak Chong - excellent Thai/English food and good rooms with a pool. PM me and I'll give you the details.

Sorry to hear about your health issues - had a few of my own lately :-)

As it happens - we're in BKK on 27/28/29 August, showing some friends around on their first trip.