Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Application to register as a British citizen: FORM UKF

Hi all,

I have been browsing through this forum for a while now and just wondering if anyone applied for British Citizenship through form UKF (Form to register as a British Citizen by a person born before 1 July 2006 to a British father and whose parents were not married).

I sent the application to Liverpool on June 18th and just got the letter of approval last Monday (August 1st). The letter said I need to wait until the British Embassy in Bangkok contact me to go in for the Citizenship Ceremony and the wait could take up to 12 weeks.

Has anyone been to the Citizenship Ceremony in Bangkok? The application process so far took less than two months for me which is surprisingly fast and I am grateful for that but the thought of having to wait three more months for the citizenship ceremony at the Embassy which is only a few miles away from my house is making me a bit anxious.

A timeline or experience from those who is applying using form UKF would be greatly appreciated.

Here's my timeline
    June 18th: Application sent to Liverpool
    June 28th: Fee deducted from my account
    July 11th: Biometric complete
    August 1st: Letter of approval
    Waiting for Citizenship Ceremony in Bangkok

Best wishes to you all.
    June.

Hi June
    Welcome to the Forum.

Quote Originally Posted by JuneT View Post
    ...the thought of having to wait three more months for the citizenship ceremony at the Embassy which is only a few miles away from my house is making me a bit anxious.
    Why might I ask are you anxious about waiting?

It appears you have been accepted for citizenship and it is just a case of waiting a while until such time as a ceremony can be arranged (either just for yourself or as part of a group, which I think is more likely).

From memory this is no different for when Nok applied in the UK and had to wait for a group session to be organised.
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Rookie มือใหม่

I'm anxious to get this application sorted as soon as I can so I can be with my father who is dealing with health complications at the moment. I don't know how often British Embassy in Bangkok hold the ceremony that's why I want to see if anyone here went there for the ceremony and how long does it take for them to organize one. Keeping my fingers crossed it will be much less than three months tho.

Call the embassy and ask them. In the Uk you can pay for a private ceremony whic can be arranged in a day or so they may offer the same service.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Sorry to hear of your fathers health issues but now understand the anxiousness.

Without wishing to add to that, once Citizenship is obtained there will be a further wait to obtain a British Passport, which I am assuming (probably incorrectly) is the reason for getting Citizenship.

Without wishing to add to that, once Citizenship is obtained there will be a further wait to obtain a British Passport, which I am assuming (probably incorrectly) is the reason for getting Citizenship.
    Again check with the Embassy !! if its urgent they might be able to do something , I am not sure if its the case ,but the fact you are British might mean you can travel on a Thai passport as you should not need a visa to enter the UK.
    Human beings are seventy percent water, and with some the rest is collagen

Rookie มือใหม่

Gary & Nok, You're right, I will need to wait again for the passport process (my uncle said watching me getting British Citizenship is like watching the paint dry...ha).

Ash, thank you so much for the advice, I did not know about the private ceremony. I will give them a call this coming Monday and see what I can do to speed up the process. Thank you, Thank you

we know what he means.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.