Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Question Question regarding VAF4A Appendix 2

My wife is applying for a Settlement Visa to join me in the UK. She is filling in the VAF4A Appendix 2 form.

We need some help on filling our the Financial Requirements Form (VAF4A Appendix 2), specifically this question:

1.11 When and where did you marry/enter into a civil partnership?

According to the Guidance Docs:

Please give the date and location of the ceremony and providedocumentary evidence of this e.g. marriage certificate. Pleasestate if this was a religious or civil ceremony. If you are a fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner please provide details of any plans that are inplace for your marriage/civil partnership ceremony.
    We had the ceremony on the 9th Sept but was not legally married until 13th Sept at a District Office. The guidance docs are somewhat ambiguous as they mention date of religious ceremony and proof e.g. marriage certificate.

But for us we had the ceremony first and then got legally married later in which we were then issues with the marriage certificate. Do we supply the date and location of the ceremony or the date and location of the district office when we legally got married and were issues the certificate?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/270484/VAF4A-Appendix2.pdf

Member สมาชิก

When you got legally married would be the correct answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for this, was confused by the mention of ceremony in the guidance docs. It seems to assume all weddings are like UK ones where you get legally married as part of the ceremony. Where in Thailand that's not always the case.

Anyway I've added the details of the District Office and used the date we were legally married.

Thanks again.

According to the Guidance Docs:
    Please give the date and location of the ceremony and provide documentary evidence of this e.g. marriage certificate. Please state if this was a religious or civil ceremony. If you are a fiancé(e)/proposed civil partner please provide details of any plans that are in place for your marriage/civil partnership ceremony.
    Quote Originally Posted by camsoft2000 View Post
    ...was confused by the mention of ceremony in the guidance docs.
    I think the reason for asking is that (for those unknowing) if you put a date and then stated "religious" then your application might well be refused as a "religious" ceremony is not legally binding, you would need the "civil" part to satisfy UK law as proof of marriage.
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)