Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member สมาชิก

I used to use my home computer to look for flights to Bangkok but if I didn't make my mind up quick enough ( 24 hours on occasion) the price would have increased, so used my computer at work to make the booking, maybe a few days later and the price would be same as the first time I looked. I'm no computer expert but I was told to always delete cookies after searches...and it worked for me...

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I booked with Emirates in the end for £400, happy with that.
    They get great reviews and flying on all the flights on the airbus persuaded my decision.

Could have booked cheaper with Eithad and Qatar in the region of £360.
    Was put off by the third party travel agent that was offering these flights cheaply.
    After some bad reviews.

So no 'Black Friday' deals then? Those are 'normal' prices for that time of year. Careful of the stopover times though. I normally use Southall Travel and have never had a problem with them but I do check the prices available on Travelsupermarket and Southall's sister company, Travel Trolley first. If there's a difference, I use those to get them to match or better them.

But if you are looking for really cheap flights, check out Prikphet's links in this thread:

http://thailand-uk.com/forums/showth...-Bargains-2017

I could have saved a fortune at New Year if I'd booked with Thomson via Phuket.

Yeah no black Friday deals.
    I booked our flights Skyscanner then via travel trolley.
    The stopover time is not great, 3&1/2 hours. But we arrive in Bangkok in the morning.

On the plus side i convinced my wife we can stay in a nice hotel from the money we saved.
    And i was shocked when she agreed.
    Her usual answer is money money lol.

I usually fly direct. But we going for 3 weeks so we have plenty of time.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    That is what I thought this year Phil, paid £1588.08 for three adults and one child for August.
    Booked the flight with Emirates in late June flying out of Glasgow, to good of an offer to turn down, considering it was during school hols.
    Just booked with Emirates, out flight 23rd July, return 14th August.
    Apart for a 7 hour stop over on the return leg, can't really complain for £1436 for 3 adults and 1 teenager.

Booked via Travelbag

Blog Entries

Bargain - can't complain at £359 per person. An absolute steal
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ N Barton's Avatar

Been keeping an eye on Emirates for a few weeks now, can book almost any date (avoiding flying out on friday or saturday) for £387 from Newcastle. Can only search up to 25th November at the minute and will no doubt go up once the Christmas dates come out, when I want to go. This price is for 2 or 3 hour turn around in Dubai both ways and on the 380 for the 2 legs over there.
    What Emirates have started doing though is charging to reserve your seat, and at £20 per leg this potentially adds £80 each onto the fare
    We'll never win the Premier League,
    We'll never win a Cup,
    We'll still follow UNITED !!

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by N Barton View Post
    What Emirates have started doing though is charging to reserve your seat, and at £20 per leg this potentially adds £80 each onto the fare
    I noticed that, depends on the ticket purchased if you have to pay a charge and as you say (the charge is per leg) would be an extra £320 on 4 tickets altogether for us. If you reserve your seats through on line check in, 48hrs prior to departure, then I don't think there is a charge at all though.

That's good to know, what I had considered was going silly early to check in and requesting the emergency exit seats.
    We'll never win a Cup,

Banned

Because of a family members death I booked 3 tickets recently, outbound 12/12, Inbound, 26/12 by connecting with Thai Airways direct flights from Zurich, Switzerland to BKK connecting via Swiss Airways flights from my local airport? Swiss Airways and Thai Airways are both members of the Star Alliance group of airlines and therefore you just make ONE booking to cover your UK - Switzerland - Thailand return flight tickets. Within 1 hour of learning of my wife's mother's death I had booked 3 x return tickets for £527 each and reached BKK within 20 hours of being notified of her death and at a very reasonable "very short notice" cost (Emirates were charging £930 each).

To Zurich, Thai fly Boeing 777 - 300 aircraft and on 26/12, in my section of this large aircraft there were 15 rows x (3 + 3 + 3 seat configuration) = 145 seats but only 20 passengers so I could lay down flat and have 6 hours total sleep (and normally I can't sleep when flying). In Zurich we just missed one return flight to the UK and waited 10 hours and 30 minutes after our early morning arrival on Boxing Day. So, I (but not my Thai step daughter, my wife changing her return date to January for £120 extra) had a wonderful 8 hour round trip with train rides, funicular rail trip to top of Riga mountain, cable car to Weggis, boat trip to Lucerne, time in Lucerne and finally Zurich before returning to the Zurich airport and the westher was glorious.

Refer to these Posting on another thread, :-

[Matrix Airfare Search] How to find the cheapest airfares - all airlines Posts #1, #2, #48

"This is a good search engine that compares in real time what the airlines direct price is and what the likes of netflights, opodo, and skyscanner etc are pricing at. All in one place but although I personally have compared and went directly, I am having doubts on what is genuine and what is inflated because of your location when searching.
    Without exception for a scheduled flight, the airlines direct has always been cheaper for me?

http://www.google.co.uk/flights/

"I used this google web site. A phone call at 03.30am meant we needed 3 quick airfare tickets to BKK ASAP. Price £527 return per person with a combination of Swiss Air from our local airport to Zurich and using their Star Alliance partner, Thai Aitways to complete the outward journey starting at 08.40am the same day of that phone call on 12/12. With an official 1 hour 45 minutes transit time in Zurich (in fact we only had 55 minutes after circling Zurich airport before obtaining clearance to land) we arrived at BKK over 1 hour 25 minutes AHEAD of schedule at 05.29 am.

From UK to Thailand (with transit time in Zurich) was completed in 13 hours 20 minutes and within 19 hours of the original phone call at no excessive cost thanks to that quick web site search. We are returning on Boxing Day as otherwise the ticket price increases a lot.

The incoming flight to the UK was delayed and consequently our first flight was delayed by 40 minutes. In Zurich the runway visibility was about 70 yards maximum but the plane landed on auto pilot. Bloody fantastic. Same for take off, the visibility the same. Fantastic.

If your local airport has a Star Alliance partner then use them to pick up a good deal via their Europeam hub airport and then onward journey to BKK (or elsewhere).

Pity we had to wait 7 hours and 40 minutes at BKK for our onward domestic flight.
    Last edited by Lipboy; 30th Dec 2016 at 08:04.

Yeah i noticed on the Emirates flights i booked they charge extra to reserve your seats.
    Seems a few of the airlines are doing this now.

Also on our flights our baggage allowance is only 20kg, Depending on the tickets you buy you can have a higher baggage allowance.
    Adds to all the fun of a holiday. lol

Must admit I have never come across the reduced baggage allowance. The cheapest fare from Newcastle, on Emirates website, is Economy Saver which allows 30kg.
    I did have a google though and apparently there is an Economy Special, which does indeed drop your allowance to 20kg. Not sure why this doesn't show up on Newcastle flights as it would be interesting to know how much, if any, cheaper it is
    We'll never win a Cup,