Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Default Latest Airfare Bargains - 2018

Just got my cheapest ever flight to LOS, booked for next May with Oman Air @ £368.45

Decided to use a credit card so got the surcharge so another £7.37 added on to make a total of £375.82, but still my cheapest price paid in what will be 35 trips.

And to make it even sweeter the stopovers are only 1H05 outbound and 1H35 inbound which being the small airport it is should be no problem at all (providing no delays etc.).
    Bye Bye EU Day 31st December 2020 (11 p.m.)

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

New terminal at Muscat will be open by then Gary

Banned

Just booked Emirates , dep BHX 02/02 to BKK ret. 04/03, £465 p.p. with minimum stopover times possible in Dubai. Cheaper fares are possible on the same ret dep date from BKK (04/03) reducing the total cost to £435 but a longer stopover time at DXB.

For me longer stopover times in Dubai are no problem but for Thai nationals they need U.A.E. Visa's to leave the airport terminal whereas U.K. (or E.U. nationals?) do not.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

bkk/lhr/bkk Malaysia air 31/05/17 to 3/10/17 £514 via skyscanners on Malaysia web site

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Direct return flights from London or Manchester to Phuket, Thailand, for £219.00 @ Thomson

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dire...homson-2543913Direct return flights from London or Manchester to Phuket, Thailand, for £219.00 @ Thomson

Banned

SKYSCANNER - this popular web - site has been bought out by the Chinese for £1.4 billion

Just announced on BBC TV NEWS

In the past I've liked travelling with Virgin, I think Bransons playing with fire now he seems to be getting involved politically - especially when he doesn't even live here. It's not like there aren't plenty of other choices.

Quote Originally Posted by prikphet View Post
    In the past I've liked travelling with Virgin, I think Bransons playing with fire now he seems to be getting involved politically - especially when he doesn't even live here. It's not like there aren't plenty of other choices.
    Rather than go off topic on here I have responded to this on the Leave or Remain thread

Banned

Emirates Deals - these fares end in 4 days time, to Bangkok for travel 1st December to 30th June

from Birmingham, £389, London (Gatwick & Heathrow) £399, Manchester & Glasgow, £405

Direct return flights from London or Manchester to Phuket, Thailand, for £219.00 @ Thomson

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/dire...homson-2543913Direct return flights from London or Manchester to Phuket, Thailand, for £219.00 @ Thomson
    Wish I'd seen this before. I entered dates of 29 December to 13 January which are very close to those I've already booked with Etihad and got a price of £399 but from Manchester instead of Heathrow (sold out). A cheapie Nok Air flight up to Bangkok and back would probably have put the price up by £40 - £50 but I would have saved over £200

£352 direct to malaysia.....cheap as chips , BA / Malaysia

http://www.momondo.co.uk/flightsearc...m_content=7347

Rookie มือใหม่

Default Flights to bbk

Booked last week with skylord travel birmingham to bangkok via doha 1hr 15 min layover £295 the best i ever got flying on the 25th of may

Banned

Just booked for 2 people, with Emirates, BHX to BKK, with just over 3 hours stopover in Dubai in each direction, for £389 each return, dep. 1st week in July and ret. 2nd week in September. Paid by debit card to avoid credit card booking charge of £6 and now Emirates charge £20 for EACH seat pre-booking (£80 total) so decided must arrive early at check-in rather than my usual last minute rushing to avoid these unneccessary charges. These are the cheapest Emirates flights I have booked for UK to BKK return over the last 8 years of regular to and fro to Thailand.

Emirates current "sale" ends 31/01.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Yeah i booked with Emirates also, For £398 each from heathrow to bkk for 1st week in June to the 23rd june.
    Like yourself Lipboy, There is the £20 reserved seat prices, Which seems to be the new fashion with these airlines now.
    I have never flown with Emirates before, but get great reviews from friends of mine who have flown with them. So thought we would give them a try.

On the downside of a flight search on skyscanner today, i could have got a British Airways flight for £358 with travel trolley.
    I always told myself before once you buy the flight tickets don't look again.lol

Think i will have a new strategy of booking flights next time, Maybe book 3 months before we fly as i have noticed you get some better deals.
    I usually book the tickets like so far in advance, I may consider flying from bhx also as car parking seems alot cheaper. I live in south wales and the distance to bhx to heathrow for me is nearly the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipboy View Post
    Just booked for 2 people, with Emirates, BHX to BKK, with just over 3 hours stopover in Dubai in each direction, for £389 each return, dep. 1st week in July and ret. 2nd week in September. Paid by debit card to avoid credit card booking charge of £6 and now Emirates charge £20 for EACH seat pre-booking (£80 total) so decided must arrive early at check-in rather than my usual last minute rushing to avoid these unneccessary charges. These are the cheapest Emirates flights I have booked for UK to BKK return over the last 8 years of regular to and fro to Thailand.

You can check in online 2 days before travel , some airlines let you pick your own seats after they opening up without paying a fee , worth checking out from Emirates...
    bangkok mags

Paid by debit card to avoid credit card booking charge of £6 and now Emirates charge £20 for EACH seat pre-booking (£80 total) so decided must arrive early at check-in rather than my usual last minute rushing to avoid these unneccessary charges.
    Think I learnt from this forum always to use Credit Card as that way your flight is insured.

Banned

Refer, Posts #13, #15 & #16,

Insure against what? Emirates is hardly likely to go bust. If you "check in on-line" just before departure does anyone know if at this stage you can also book your seats WITHOUT paying the new £20 per seat booking fee recently introduced by Emirates?

I cancelled (because my travel companion is injured and cannot travel) an Emirates booking (done last October when seat pre-booking and credit card use was free) two weeks ago and within 1 week received a total refund less a £200 cancellation fee imposed by Emirates (as per their T. & C.) but this fee I know I can recover from my Travel Insurance (unlike my travel companion who forgot to renew his insurance policy but certainly cannot instead claim from his credit card provider)

If Emirates did go bust my Travel Insurance would also refund "in total" my flight (and hotel as they are for this cancellation) booking costs. What advantage would I EVER obtain by paying "unneccessary" credit card fees to Emirates in the above scenario (or any other scenario?).

In my experience you are better off with Travel Insurance cover than trying to obtain a refund from your credit card provider for airline booking cancellations. Possibly a family may be able to claim from 1 credit card booking?
    Last edited by Lipboy; 24th Jan 2017 at 06:15.

Think I learnt from this forum always to use Credit Card as that way your flight is insured.
    Absolutely, covered under the consumer protection act (section 75) if you pay at least £100 of it.
    Last edited by Gary & Nok; 24th Jan 2017 at 08:19.

Blog Entries

Insure against what? Emirates is hardly likely to go bust...

... If Emirates did go bust my Travel Insurance would also refund "in total" my flight (and hotel as they are for this cancellation) booking costs. What advantage would I EVER obtain by paying "unneccessary" credit card fees to Emirates in the above scenario (or any other scenario?).

In my experience you are better off with Travel Insurance cover than trying to obtain a refund from your credit card provider for airline booking cancellations. Possibly a family may be able to claim from 1 credit card booking?
    The Consumer Credit Act protection afforded by using a UK issued credit card provides cover should a passenger have any legal claim against the airline. It also provides cover in the event of insolvency. Your standard travel insurance policy may not provide cover for insolvency and may not provide cover for any claim you might have against the airline for breach of contract or in tort or negligence.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Emirates is hardly likely to go bust.
    Are you the FD ? It wouldn't be the first