Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Just booked flights for next May, pretty good price for a direct flight. EVA Air £468.17
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Premium Member

Hi Gary
    Was that with Eva or with a travel agent?
    Kingy

I could not get EVA prices up on their website that far ahead for some reason, it kept kicking me out. Rather than risk losing that price went with TA.
    Found on Airline Hunter.
    Gutted, same flight now £456 from same TA

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

You broke the golden rule by looking after booking Gary

Only did it to show Kingy, normally once booked I never look again

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Can't see a flight time, having travelled with them previoulsy I'm just wondering if this is it :-)

Travel start from 16.10.2017 — 18.06.2018

Good price though.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

Old Hand มือเก่า

Is there any bargains for August 2018. Looking for a direct flight to BKK from London

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Old Hand มือเก่า

I mean 2018 not 2017. Can't edit my last page

Sent from my F3311 using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Just booked my flight from Bangkok to Manchester. Gone with Kayak and Emirates just over US$800 a little over 600 pounds Stirling. I was fed up checking different sites and airlines wondering if the prices will come down or go up. It seems it is more expensive traveling east to west and August is not a cheap time. Hopefully this will prove to be a good deal though I will not be checking prices anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Just booked my flight from Bangkok to Manchester. Gone with Kayak and Emirates just over US$800 a little over 600 pounds Stirling.
    Personally, I think you have got a decent price there. We are looking at flying out to BKK on the 26th July returning on the 19th August. For three adults and one teenager, Emirates is coming up at £3318 for the four of us out of Manchester, flying out of Glasgow it is £1996 for the same dates with Emirates.

If anyone is thinking of booking with Emirates in the near future.There is a 5% discount code (UKVOUCH) when booking direct with Emirates (UK outbound) if booked by the end of December.

Well that was a bit of a let down. Had an email they could not confirm my booking airline removed the fare apparently. Then I booked another to Stanstead Emirates again and they have done the same again. Are these sites all a bit of a con??

Blog Entries

They are clearly not searching live inventory with the airline, not a con per se they just appear to be publishing old fare data.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by DAS View Post
    Well that was a bit of a let down. Had an email they could not confirm my booking airline removed the fare apparently. Then I booked another to Stanstead Emirates again and they have done the same again. Are these sites all a bit of a con??
    I had a bad experience 5 years ago. I made a booking and paid over the phone for six passengers, totally unaware how things would unfold. Basically the travel agent made a reservation with Emirates, however when the funds were debited from my account they cancelled my reservation. In the end, as the travel agents were ignoring all correspondence I had to get a solicitor involved. A letter was sent to ATOL with dates and times of when the reservation, funds and cancellation were made. They were also told that the travel company in question had been prosecuted before for fraud, with fine's and cost's imposed into the hundreds of thousands. ATOL were told, that if we were not reinstated on my schedule flights, they would be taken to court. In less than 24 hours of them receiving the letter, ATOL contacted me and we were reinstated on our schedule trip. The only correspondence I received from the travel agent, was an email with our booking reference, no apology what so ever.

Since that ordeal, all future bookings I have made have been direct with the airline. My experience, Yes, some of these sites are a con.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    I had a bad experience 5 years ago. I made a booking and paid over the phone for six passengers, totally unaware how things would unfold. Basically the travel agent made a reservation with Emirates, however when the funds were debited from my account they cancelled my reservation. In the end, as the travel agents were ignoring all correspondence I had to get a solicitor involved. A letter was sent to ATOL with dates and times of when the reservation, funds and cancellation were made. They were also told that the travel company in question had been prosecuted before for fraud, with fine's and cost's imposed into the hundreds of thousands. ATOL were told, that if we were not reinstated on my schedule flights, they would be taken to court. In less than 24 hours of them receiving the letter, ATOL contacted me and we were reinstated on our schedule trip. The only correspondence I received from the travel agent, was an email with our booking reference, no apology what so ever.

Since that ordeal, all future bookings I have made have been direct with the airline. My experience, Yes, some of these sites are a con.

Cant say have ever had a problem with 3rd party agents and certainly had more tickets then most. Acknowledge that some appear to have email contact after payment claiming fares no longer available which is unfortunate to say the least. I stick with Southall Group and their online off shoots Fly Sharp Travel Trolley and have been lucky enough to never have had an issue

Also use Southall and they always confirm the flight is available before taking payment.

I must confess I have not used Southall so I may give them a try. A friend who travels here every 2 or 3 months swears by West East, but they were not competitive for me and when I questioned it with them they admitted they didn't get discounts traveling east to west. I think agencies here are lagging behind Europe and the US and haven't yet managed to get together and put airlines under pressure for discounts, I have asked a local one to get a price for me but they haven't come back to me and when I popped in a week ago they said they hadn't forgotten it was just that the fares are expensive at the moment. I'll not be relying on them though. Another piece of advice I got from a friend is that the best time to book is 90 days in advance as most offers are around that time????
    I'll just keep looking and hopefully get a good deal before then.

If you do use Southall, also check out their sister companies - there is often a price difference between them. Another thing that suits me is they are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

On Boxing Day, I booked three return tickets with Eva Air for August with Travel Trolley (sister company of Southall). I'd give them a "thumbs up". The total price for the three tickets was around £100 less than booking directly with Eva Air. I checked the Eva Air web site yesterday ("Manage My Booking"). I saw that our bookings were confirmed and I was able to select our seats for both the outward and return legs.