Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  20
Likes Likes:  27
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
Results 121 to 131 of 131
  1. #121
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    yes september always been a good month to travel when i was younger and with the mates always room for a september trip lol

  2. #122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    yes september always been a good month to travel when i was younger and with the mates always room for a september trip lol
    Lot of people dismiss September and October because of the extra rains but rarely does it last more than an hour. Flights tend to be cheaper as well Eva prime example.

    On an aside Oman are £369 certain dates in May as did a booking for a couple yesterday.

  3. #123
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Lot of people dismiss September and October because of the extra rains but rarely does it last more than an hour.
    Ha Ha Ha............ I've been telling people that for years but a couple of years ago I was in the doghouse. Some friends of mine went on that recommendation, had a week in Bangkok which was OK then a week in Samui where it rained 24/7 the whole time .

  4. #124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Ha Ha Ha............ I've been telling people that for years but a couple of years ago I was in the doghouse. Some friends of mine went on that recommendation, had a week in Bangkok which was OK then a week in Samui where it rained 24/7 the whole time .
    Yes Phuket and Samui tends to have huge variations. I was more referring to Pattaya and Bangkok
    Personally have had scores of trips in those two months with no real problems but definately weather patterns are varying these past years. There was a time the rains would clear first week in November and you'd virtually not see any again till end of April. All changed these days

  5. #125
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Its also when I choose to make excursions - usually to my favourite place, Koh Chang. The term 'Rainy Season' or 'Green Season' as they refer to it down there, tends to worry mainstream tourists. I see it as an opportunity to stay in high quality accommodation at run of the mill prices.

  6. #126
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    5 Apr 2008
    Location
    Phala Rayong
    Posts
    606

    Default

    one way bkk/lhr for end of April Etihad at £292 with good connections,
    return bkk/lhr/bkk out end of April return early Sept good connections £601 with Swiss B777/A321, BA £639

    thought i would give this thread a bump, and see if anyone has found any good deals lately

  7. #127
    Guest Flip's Avatar
    Join Date
    14 Apr 2003
    Posts
    6,995

    Default

    Just been over twice Steve on Etihad. First trip £406, second £470 but I did book it 3 days before I flew. Good connection times. Nothing spectaculor about those prices other than the fact that they are still around the same as I was paying 5 or 6 years ago! I've never actually worked it out but I suspect that for at least the last 5 years, my average has been around £450.

    I note though, that the price war that's been going on between the Arab carriers is now starting to show. Reduced baggage allowances, less flexible tickets, increased charges for changes, less meal choices, lower quality wines etc. - many subtle and sometimes hidden changes.

    Etihad first of all downgraded their lounge at Manchester and then disposed of it. You still use the same lounge but its run by an outside source and is available to other airlines.

  8. #128
    Member สมาชิก Strawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2018
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post

    I note though, that the price war that's been going on between the Arab carriers is now starting to show. Reduced baggage allowances, less flexible tickets, increased charges for changes, less meal choices, lower quality wines etc. - many subtle and sometimes hidden changes.

    .
    Yep even Oman have started charging for "premium" economy seating calling it "choice" plus exit rows etc
    They have also changed to opening online check in from 48 hours in advance from 24 yet still showing 24 on the app
    I checked in 5 minutes after the 24 hour period opened to find absolutely nothing available "anywhere". Screen showed "complete check in" and we will assign seats at airport check in
    Fortunately I have Silver on Oman and someone got booted from a pre booked exit aisle (unfortunate for them) and wasnt charged either the £48
    Apparently change was on 6th November

    Both flights absolutely full and London Muscat was heavily overbooked (17) so doubtless likely a few got offloaded at check in

    Edited to add immigration was heaving (both slopes) but moved pretty quick and was at carousel half hour after joining queue
    Last edited by Strawman; 18th Nov 2018 at 18:47.

  9. #129
    Old Hand มือเก่า
    Join Date
    29 Oct 2011
    Posts
    1,397

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Just been over twice Steve on Etihad. First trip £406, second £470 but I did book it 3 days before I flew. Good connection times. Nothing spectaculor about those prices other than the fact that they are still around the same as I was paying 5 or 6 years ago! I've never actually worked it out but I suspect that for at least the last 5 years, my average has been around £450.

    I note though, that the price war that's been going on between the Arab carriers is now starting to show. Reduced baggage allowances, less flexible tickets, increased charges for changes, less meal choices, lower quality wines etc. - many subtle and sometimes hidden changes.

    Etihad first of all downgraded their lounge at Manchester and then disposed of it. You still use the same lounge but its run by an outside source and is available to other airlines.
    BARGIN anything under £500 is good , compared to diesel going up 17p in less than 6 months .Do the maths.
    French are at riots and lots off disruption

  10. #130
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    22 Nov 2003
    Location
    Egremont Cumbria
    Posts
    878

    Default

    I booked our flights in september for our trip next year. Fly out of Glasgow on the 18th July returning on the 12th August, total cost was £1704 for 3 adults and 1 teenager, works out at £426pp

  11. #131
    Member สมาชิก Strawman's Avatar
    Join Date
    11 Jun 2018
    Posts
    49

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    BARGIN anything under £500 is good , compared to diesel going up 17p in less than 6 months .Do the maths.
    French are at riots and lots off disruption

    lol have only ever paid over £500 once and unbelievably right back in July 1995 on Thai which was £540
    Always stay just stay outside of peak season prices
    This one on Oman was £382 for 3 month ticket
    l

Similar Threads

  1. Latest Airfare Bargains - 2018
    By prikphet in forum Transport
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12th Feb 2018, 13:31
  2. Latest Airfare Bargains - 2014
    By michael001 in forum Transport
    Replies: 208
    Last Post: 28th Nov 2014, 07:16
  3. Latest Airfare Bargains - 2012
    By Dave and Wan in forum Transport
    Replies: 580
    Last Post: 31st Dec 2012, 16:00
  4. Latest Airfare Bargains - 2010
    By Gary & Nok in forum Transport
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 9th Sep 2010, 23:05
  5. Latest Airfare Bargains
    By JohnSwansea in forum Transport
    Replies: 215
    Last Post: 22nd Dec 2008, 07:41

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •