Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  5
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Buying A Television In Thailand

My wife wants to buy a television and washing machine for her mother back in Thailand.

I was wondering if anybody on this forum has bought from the LAZADA website in Thailand?
    I think its another version of amazon we have here.

Quote Originally Posted by holty View Post
    My wife wants to buy a television and washing machine for her mother back in Thailand.

I was wondering if anybody on this forum has bought from the LAZADA website in Thailand?
    I think its another version of amazon we have here.
    It really is the Amazon of Thailand. I use it fairly regularly. I feel it's so much better to send things rather than cash to the wife's family. That way they get what we intend sending them.

My Gold Visa was fine last week but I've used Paypal and also Entropay to pay from the UK. The goods usually arrive early.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

I use lazada a lot. It is a good service. You do need to check and compare prices as sometimes they are not cheaper. I bought a SSD drive 1000 baht cheaper in a shop. There some good deals around at present. Lazada do have a big promo at present so check it out.

I also use Lazada very regularly. They've yet to disappoint, excellent so far.

The vast majority of items are from 3rd party vendors so you need to shop around for the best price, they can vary a lot. I recently searched for a specific smartphone and prices ranged from 10,200 to 19,900 for the exact same make and model. I ended up paying 9,486 with a 7% discount voucher applied at checkout.

Be sure to browse around for discount voucher codes before you buy anything substantial. Voucher codes only last for a short time. The codes below won't be valid if you're reading this post days later.

I looked at their website today and couldn't find it, but on the Lazada android app, they currently show voucher code BYETUU which gives 5% discount (max. 500 baht) on any purchase over 2000 baht. I've seen that go as high as 8% and 1000 baht before.

There's also a voucher code TCHLD10 which gives 10% off some purchases from Tesco Lotus (min. basket 1500, max. discount 1500).
    Paul พอล
    กำขี้ดีกว่ากำตด

A big thanks to everyone for your positive reviews on LAZADA.
    Was a little concerned as i have read some bad reviews on the internet about them.

Good point made about searching around as they not always the cheapest.
    We was looking at a certain television, but i found it 1000 thb cheaper somewhere else.

I will look out for the discount vouchers also. While the mrs is at work today i can have a good search.

I tried to order on Lazada, But we been having some issues over card payments.
    And plenty of money in the bank accounts. lol

I also placed the order via my mrs bank card from here in the uk, At first was accepted, Then after a day the order is cancelled due to payment not being processed.
    Had same problems using my bank card & my credit card.
    Probably barclays being super cautious.

I know lazada do a cash on delivery service, but only want to use that option as last resort.

Even tried paypal, but we get message saying not allowed to send to Thailand from the uk.
    I will contact my bank after the holidays.

Has anyone else had problems using their bank cards from the uk on Lazada?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ johnb's Avatar

I have bought several items via Lazada over the last few months and used my Santander Totta Visa card with no problems.
    nao faz mal means mai pen rai

I've had no problems with the Lazada using my UK Halifax card. The goods I bought were as described on their website. Their delivery service was efficient and your goods can be tracked online.

Open yourself a Thai bank account when you're next over but you need to be aware - as you will probably not be told, that with some banks (mine is Kasikorn), you have to activate certain services before you can use the card online or for other things.

I had used my card in person at several places (including outside Thailand) but whenever I tried to use it online or over the phone, it was refused. I pointed this out to the staff next time I was in my branch and was promptly taken outside to the ATM. A few buttons were pressed - I had no idea what they were doing.............but now I can use my card for almost anything.

Whenever I'm buying anything in Thailand, whether I'm in the country or not, I use my Thai account - so much less hassle.

Yeah i plan to open up a Thai bank account with the help of my wife when we go over in June. Maybe a joint account, will have to look into it more.

I contacted my bank and there was no issue with the payment not being processed.

I think maybe due to a mix up with her mothers home address, although i have sent mail to the same address with no problem.
    We just sent cash and her mother got her tv and washing machine. I didn't really my wife nok to do that, but she assured me no problem.

I have used Paypal to pay Lazada in the past and also a Virtual Entropay card that you can load money on from a debit card. I think I used my First Direct Gold card last time without issue.

I have used Lazada many times, buying stuff at a good price has never been a problem, and as I live here I always go for items that are cash on delivery (not really relevant to the OP)

Delivery on the other hand can be a different matter, once ordered 12 items, and got 12 different deliveries, 2 of which I had to collect from the local Post Office.