Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default Online Application for UK Visitors/Tourist Visa Screenshots, see it before you do it

    I took the screen shots for future ref for Ohmmy and I but I thought it would be a good idea if you could have had a look at the Online Application before you filled it in, then you would know what to expect.
    We filled this application in Dec 2016
    We used Visa4Uk as I think you have to do
    I hope it can be of use to new applicants wanting to come and visit the UK.
    Then you can have the info ready at hand before you start.

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.34.20 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.34.37 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.34.50 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.35.14 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.35.21 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.35.27 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.35.51 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.36.02 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.36.24 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    Screen Shot 2016-12-19 at 19.36.32 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

    I will add the rest later as I exceeded the permitted amount of photos

    Wayne

  2. #2
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

  3. #3
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Just a reply to move it back to the first page so more people and see it and hopefully find good use of it

  4. #4
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Bump back to first page for people to see it

  5. #5
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Bump back to first page for people to see it

  6. #6
    Premium Member Gary & Nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    5 Mar 2006
    Location
    Birmingham - UK
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    Instead of keep bumping it ask the Mods to make it a sticky (if they feel it warrants it).
    I'm ONE of the 52%

  7. #7
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ
    Join Date
    20 Jul 2015
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I think it would be useful as helps to know the questions to be asked

  8. #8
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Instead of keep bumping it ask the Mods to make it a sticky (if they feel it warrants it).
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    I think it would be useful as helps to know the questions to be asked
    I didnt realise you had to ask so I just kept bumping it to move it back to the first page, maybe it doesnt warrant it??

  9. #9
    Moderator Tobias's Avatar
    Join Date
    20 Jun 2003
    Location
    UK/USA
    Posts
    16,302
    Blog Entries
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    I didnt realise you had to ask so I just kept bumping it to move it back to the first page, maybe it doesnt warrant it??
    Done
    Tobias - โทเบียส

  10. #10
    Premium Member Gary & Nok's Avatar
    Join Date
    5 Mar 2006
    Location
    Birmingham - UK
    Posts
    13,220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    I didnt realise you had to ask so I just kept bumping it to move it back to the first page...
    You don't have to...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    Done
    ...but if you don't ask you don't get
    I'm ONE of the 52%

  11. #11
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Interesting that you didn't blank out the Family and Friends section (which is no longer in the Application) or the Additional Information sections. Subliminal messages perhaps.

  12. #12
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PEL2112UK View Post
    Interesting that you didn't blank out the Family and Friends section (which is no longer in the Application) or the Additional Information sections. Subliminal messages perhaps.
    Nothing of the sort, didnt really see it made much differance....but you always get one!

  13. #13
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    1 Aug 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    why does that Rasg guy constantly say if your wife has poor english language skills then don't let her anywhere near the application, when it clearly shows questions in Thai..
    My wife doesn't have a great command of English language but google translate works perfectly from Thai to English and i'm guessing i would be able to look over the application and make the english stronger where her errors are , after all it is her application and her answers must come from her. i do think that the cheat sheet is a good idea so she is prepared for any telephone interview

    my other question is that if i go tho Thailand for 2 month the VV application takes 3 months and i would have to extend my stay
    where as if she applied from Thailand without me there then she can do all that is needed and i send her the files i'm building of our relationship proof and all our tickets and reciepts etc etc

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tasle283 View Post
    why does that Rasg guy constantly say if your wife has poor english language skills then don't let her anywhere near the application, when it clearly shows questions in Thai..
    My wife doesn't have a great command of English language but google translate works perfectly from Thai to English and i'm guessing i would be able to look over the application and make the english stronger where her errors are , after all it is her application and her answers must come from her. i do think that the cheat sheet is a good idea so she is prepared for any telephone interview

    my other question is that if i go tho Thailand for 2 month the VV application takes 3 months and i would have to extend my stay
    where as if she applied from Thailand without me there then she can do all that is needed and i send her the files i'm building of our relationship proof and all our tickets and reciepts etc etc
    Because that rasg guy has seen many applications rejected when two people who don't always understand each other work on an application together...

    Saw exactly that this year on an application after one of two refusals when a sponsor letter had told the truth and the girlfriend had supplied bank statements that disagreed with the figures supplied in the main application.

    Many Thai girlfriends have friends who think they know how the visa system works and a bit of yak yak can stuff up a perfectly good application. Padding a bank account is a good example. Lying is another.

    Which Thai questions in an application would you be referring to? I've never seen one. The questions are all in English, or they were, the last time I looked.

    Visit visas generally take around two weeks. Not sure that they will when the decision making moves to India though.

  15. #15
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    10 Mar 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    47

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    Nothing of the sort, didnt really see it made much differance....but you always get one!
    Of course it was accidental. Pull the other one you wanted everyone to read how great things are going with your Thai woman and plans to buy land & build a house. But a word in your shell like fella - 'you're not the only one' . You weren't subtle enough. We're a funny old species, especially here in the West where people practice oneupmanship like it's going out of fashion and are particularly fond of massaging their own egos. (Bye the way, it's "difference").
    Last edited by PEL2112UK; 22nd Jun 2018 at 07:53.

  16. #16
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Join Date
    28 Aug 2016
    Location
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq
    Posts
    415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PEL2112UK View Post
    Of course it was accidental. Pull the other one you wanted everyone to read how great things are going with your Thai woman and plans to buy land & build a house. But a word in your shell like fella - 'you're not the only one' . You weren't subtle enough. We're a funny old species, especially here in the West where people practice oneupmanship like it's going out of fashion and are particularly fond of massaging their own egos. (Bye the way, it's "difference").
    Awesome, thanks for your valuable input, but please, don’t bother unless it’s constructive instead of trying to pull other people down with 2 bit comments. Would ‘bye the way’ be the same as by the way? If your going to try a belittle some one then at least do it correctly. But thank you for making me smirk


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  17. #17
    Member สมาชิก
    Join Date
    1 Aug 2017
    Posts
    77

    Default

    I have seen some advice which suggests my wife should state she is coming here to live with Husband and not as a tourist, where i would have to provide sheets of plans and finances as evidence. i will be showing her some iconic places local to me and others in England but the main purpose is she's coming to live with husband to experience English Life and meet my friends and family for the 2 months she is here. i will be taking her on a couple of trips to iconic locations of course..

Similar Threads

  1. Visitors visa application form
    By Melteddrummer in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 26th Jul 2016, 17:14
  2. Settlement Visa online application
    By ColerLFC in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 8th Jul 2014, 21:44
  3. 2nd application for visitors visa refused
    By barrington_young in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 12th Nov 2013, 20:28
  4. Replies: 21
    Last Post: 19th May 2012, 15:47
  5. tourist visa application
    By stuart-doug in forum UK Visas
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 31st Dec 2010, 03:44

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •