Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Entering Thailand on Single Entry Tourist Visa After Non Immigrant B Working Visa

Hi All,

I am currently working in Thailand, but would like to quit my job and continue to live in Thailand.
    Currently, I have a work permit and Non-Immigrant 'B' Visa. This was 90 days single entry from the UK, extended in Thailand to 1 year multi-entry. It seems that this will end when I resign.
    I would like to:
    1. Leave Thailand to a neighboring country the cheapest way possible
    2. Get a 60 day, single entry tourist visa from a consulate there and extend for 30 days from Thailand
    3. After 90 days, return to my home country (UK) and stay for around a month ( I want to do this at some point anyway)
    4. Get a second 60 day visa from the UK and extend again

Some questions:

1. What is the likelihood of approval, and at which points would I be at risk of being rejected?
    2. Is there a better strategy for staying for a similar length of time or longer?
    3. Where is best to go for step 1?

Thank you very much!

I can't answer your specific questions as I haven't done it and in any case, the rules can be interpreted differently at each point of entry.

However, are you aware that there is a 6 month multi entry tourist visa (60 days per entry)?

I am currently working in Thailand, but would like to quit my job and continue to live in Thailand.
    It might help if you give a little more details over this, your circumstances and what options you have got to fund continuing to live in Thailand?

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    However, are you aware that there is a 6 month multi entry tourist visa (60 days per entry)?
    Thanks for your help!

I know of that option, but I don't have a letter from an employer or a bank account showing sufficient funds for 6 months, which are criteria for the multi-entry

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KhunIanB-UK View Post
    It might help if you give a little more details over this, your circumstances and what options you have got to fund continuing to live in Thailand?
    I have the means to get enough money to continue to live in Thailand, I'm just trying to find a visa option which is reliable

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

as you suggest in your op should be fine

Can you recommend an border crossing for him Steve?

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Lao both savannakhet and Vientiane do tourist visa but at the moment they are being silly with demands for financials and tickets, due to tourist visa being free, therefore they are not making money. Phnom Penh may be a possibilty, i think they ask for proof of 20,000 baht.you may be better doing a visa exempt entry by air (only 2 visa exempt entries are allowed per year via land borders.) and extending for 30 days, giving you 60 days, you could do the twice and then a trip back to UK for a tourist visa. giving you 210 days of entry.

edit you could try for a visa in Phnom Penh maybe through an agent, and if unsuccessful you could fall back on a visa exempt entry

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    (only 2 visa exempt entries are allowed per year via land borders.)
    Do you know if there have been any changes to the maximum amount of visa exempt entries (and total length of stay per year) at airports? Last time I entered through Suvarnabhumi the immigration officer was messing about counting my entry and exit stamps and using a calculator - presumably to count up days spent within. Nothing was said but I was worried for a while.

My understanding was that there was no limit when entering through airports (of course subject to the maximum 30 days exemption). I used to always have a multi entry O but they have stopped issuing them in the UK now - only a 3 month single entry in my case (based on marriage)

As far as I know the limit is 3 x 30 day stamps, then they send you away to get a proper visa.

Also be aware that some immigration offices are now asking for proof of address to extend 2 month tourist visas, this is either a rental contract and blue book or an official letter with stamp from the hotel you're staying at.

Did my 90 day report a couple of weeks ago in Prachuap and everyone was getting turned away for extensions as they didn't have proof of address. Chiang Mai has also clamped down on this apparently.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

At the moment there is a cap on Land border crossing to 2 per year but no cap on flying in for the 30 day Visa exempt stamp (yet), this may change when the Free Tourist Visa has finished. Also for the flying in it may depend on who you get at immigration (as Flip stated)
    The Free Tourist Visa has just been extended till August 2017