Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default the right ILR application form

My wife recently got her FLR(M) visa and I'm just doing a bit of advanced research for the ILR application 2 years or so down the line. The only form I can find on the gov. website, which was updated nov 2016, is for a joint ILR and BRP application. My wife all ready has her BRP, which was issued as part of her FLR application. The form also states not to be used by anyone first entering Uk after 2012. So we couldn't use this form anyway.
    Am I missing something, or is it that within the next 2 years a new form will be issued aimed at people in my wife's situation?
    In addition, the form cannot be used for dependent children over the age of 18. Anyone know which form they are supposed to use? This would also imply anyone who originally came as a dependent child to Uk, once over 18, would have to pass the LIUK test and meet the B1 language requirement too in order to qualify for ILR?
    Thanks in advance for any info.

A spouse (and child) who initially applied from 9th July 2012 needs to complete 5 years under Appendix FM before applying for settlement.

Child over 18 may be included in spouse's FLR(M) form when applying for an extension and should not lead an independent life, etc. KoLL required when applying for settlement.

Extension form FLR(M) for spouse and child.

Settlement form SET(M) for spouse.
    Your child 18 or over must apply separately on their own form. They need to download and complete form SET(F).
    Last edited by Vinny; 24th Feb 2017 at 04:25. Reason: link for SET(F) corrected.
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

thanks for your reply Vinny.
    The SET(M) link you supplied leads to the form I was refering to. The gov. website states this is only for the use of people applying down the 2 year route, which I assume is pre july 2012. Also, the SET(F) link on the gov. website comes up with the message "page not found". At least I'm a bit clearer that dependents over 18 have to pass liuk and minimum B1 language, plus apply for visa separately. However, unless anyone knows differently, I can only assume the relevant forms for people applying for settlement, (ie. ILR), on the 5 or 10 year route, have not been issued yet. I'll look into it again in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by marvinpie View Post
    The SET(M) link you supplied leads to the form I was refering to. The gov. website states this is only for the use of people applying down the 2 year route, which I assume is pre july 2012.
    However, unless anyone knows differently, I can only assume the relevant forms for people applying for settlement, (ie. ILR), on the 5 or 10 year route, have not been issued yet.
    I'm not sure where you are reading that SET(M) is ONLY for 2 year as it clearly states on the page Vinny pointed you to the form is for 2, 5 and 10 year routes.
    Eligibility
    You need to have been living in the UK with a ‘partner of a settled person’ visa for:

2 years if you applied for your visa before 9 July 2012
    5 years or 10 years if you applied for your visa on or after 9 July 2012
    Read the guidance for the 2-year route and the 5- and 10-year routes.
    BUT having said that the form also says
    If you’re a partner on the 5- or 10-year route, the earliest date you’ll become eligible to apply for settlement is June 2017. Check if you can extend your permission instead.
    I would think your assumption is correct that they have not yet issued this form as no one is eligible to use it yet.

the SET(F) link on the gov. website comes up with the message "page not found"
    The link to Set(F) works for me and within that page points me to the SET(F) info page which then points to the form itself.
    Last edited by Gary & Nok; 26th Feb 2017 at 10:34.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

I'm not sure myself now, because annoyingly enough I cant find where I read "only for 2 year routes" ! Maybe I'm imagining things. However, on the SET(M) form itself it states " you should only use this form if your previous grant of leave was made under part 8 of the immigration rules". On the SET(M) guidance notes it states " to qualify for I.L.R. under part 8 of the immigration rules " you have to complete 2 years leave to enter or remain as the partner of the person named in your application". If you were on a 5 year route, wouldn't you have to complete at least another 2 and a half years F.L.R?So perhaps this is adding to the confusion.
    I've retried the SET(F) link and it is working for me now thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by marvinpie View Post
    If you were on a 5 year route, wouldn't you have to complete at least another 2 and a half years F.L.R?So perhaps this is adding to the confusion.
    Yes this is true but the key thing you are overlooking is that the rules changed in July 2012, so anyone applying AFTER this date would be on the 5 year route and they would only be able to apply for ILR AFTER July 2017, and we are not there yet.

No doubt in a few months time this form will be updated to show the 5 year route and information on the 2 year route will disappear as it will no longer apply to anyone.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Think you're right Gary & Nok; whilst I was aware of the july 2012 rule change, in my haste to be organised and plan in advance for once, I hadn't considered no one would have applied for ILR on the 5 year route yet.
    At least we agree that it's highly likely that the current SET(M) form will be modified in some way over the next few months.