Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Emirates

Hybrid View

Member สมาชิก

Default Emirates

Emirates being taken to task on not paying compensation to delayed passengers,here's the link .
    http://www.thenational.ae/uae/emirat...or-disruptions

From the above link:

'Eithad described the CAA’s decision to blame the airline in public as "unprofessional and unacceptable" '

Perhaps the CAA should ask Etihad what punishment they administer to passengers who are delayed. As I know only too well, they lose their tickets!

Member สมาชิก

here's a case that emirates lost.
    http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....rates-12696441

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    From the above link:

'Eithad described the CAA’s decision to blame the airline in public as "unprofessional and unacceptable" '

Perhaps the CAA should ask Etihad what punishment they administer to passengers who are delayed. As I know only too well, they lose their tickets!
    Why would you lose your ticket ??

Blog Entries

To update the outcome of the news story reported in the OP, Emirates lost its Appeal before the Court of Appeal. They subsequently appealed that decision to the Supreme Court and that application for leave to Appeal was refused.
    Last edited by Tobias; 18th Mar 2018 at 16:21.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Why would you lose your ticket ??
    I didn't actually lose it. We were late due to a mixture of traffic and bad weather. The last passenger was still standing at the check in desk when we got there but Etihad were adamant that we could not fly - they'd given our seats to stand-by passengers.

I tried to negotiate stand-by seats on the next flights but was told they didn't offer stand-by seats. When I pointed out that our seats were given to so called stand-by passengers, I was advised it was staff on stand-by.

OK fair enough, they have to call time at some point but passengers get held up just the same as airlines do - there is a need to flexible on both sides. Interestingly, I asked Emirates what their policy would have been and was told that we would have been put on stand-by.

As it happened, I had to buy 2 new tickets at a cost of £1200.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I didn't actually lose it. We were late due to a mixture of traffic and bad weather. The last passenger was still standing at the check in desk when we got there but Etihad were adamant that we could not fly - they'd given our seats to stand-by passengers.

I tried to negotiate stand-by seats on the next flights but was told they didn't offer stand-by seats. When I pointed out that our seats were given to so called stand-by passengers, I was advised it was staff on stand-by.

OK fair enough, they have to call time at some point but passengers get held up just the same as airlines do - there is a need to flexible on both sides. Interestingly, I asked Emirates what their policy would have been and was told that we would have been put on stand-by.

As it happened, I had to buy 2 new tickets at a cost of £1200.
    Your original post came across as it was Etihads fault but you were simply late for check in. Nothing to do with "losing your tickets"
    Imperative if on outbound sectors to be on time as most (but not all) airlines red card the entire ticket. It costs £40,000 an hour to park a wide body at Heathrow with fines for late departure at around £1500 a minute so its not a case of being flexible
    I was listed on Etihads website just after they started up as the 4th passenger to achieve gold card. Since then have only flown them once (no real reason)

Semantics......people who 'lose' an appeal in court don't actually lose it do they?

As usual Wunderbar, you are supporting the airline industry and missing my point and it is a case of being flexible. Regardless of the reason, how many times are airlines late? Sh*t happens and it happens to passengers as well as airlines - there are countless reasons why someone may be late to check in, its not something I aim for. Providing they don't reach the threshold for compensation, airlines don't have to do anything for customers if they are late. Many years ago I flew in to Heathrow on a flight that was, I think, 1.5 hours late - our plane had been sat on the apron at Tashkent for over an hour without explanation. As a result I missed my connecting flight to Leeds/Bradford. As usual, because I'd booked the 2 tickets separately I could not claim anything.

What did Etihad lose by me being late? They actually gained, they got their staff to Abu Dhabi and the flight left on time. The next flight may well have left with empty seats and it would have cost them nothing to let us have them.

I don't no why you wish to tell everyone that you were the 4th passenger to obain a gold card from Etihad - are we supposed to be impressed? By the way, not that it makes a difference to my point, I was at Manchester, not Heathrow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    ... It costs £40,000 an hour to park a wide body at Heathrow with fines for late departure at around £1500 a minute so its not a case of being flexible ...
    Woooah, where have you grabbed those figures from? The charges are much lower than that, parking is free for the first 90 minutes and then charged in 15 minute increments at the rate of £52.37 (fifty-two pounds) for wide bodied aircraft.

I suspect MAN charges are not as ‘high’ as those at LHR.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    It’s better to be 6 feet apart than to be 6 feet under.