Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  13
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ nigel&panada's Avatar

Default Visa for Wifes niece advise

Hi, not posted in a while. Panada is wanting to bring her niece with her when she comes in April, now I've done 4 UK visit visas and 1 US visit visa successfully for her but I'm a bit stuck with doing one for her niece so would appreciate any advise. Her niece is 12 years old and Panada is wanting her to have a bit of a holiday and break from home as she is having a difficult time with some family issues. My question is how to prove reason for return ie not having a job etc, no savings being a child , no tabien baan as their house is rented and she isn't on it. Its being dropped on me at the last minute as is the Thai way of sorting it with probably less than 8 weeks till Panada is intending being here.

I'd approach it just as you would any tourist visa Nigel. I presume the girl is at school? And that she lives with her family? Schooling and family ties is your starting point for reasons to return. Don't mention the 'family issues'. Point out that its simply a niece, taking advantage of the fact that her Aunty & Uncle live in the UK and have offered her a holiday - chance of a lifetime, you'd like her to have the opportunity to visit again in the future so she ain't about to screw her visa situation up by failing to return on time - besides, Uncle will make sure she's on that plane.

Update, well I go all the supporting documents together and written over the course of a weekend and posted out the wife. Did the online bit and booked the VFS appointment for the 25th of February, they all went down there and did that bit. On the 1st of March Panada phones me to say British embassy have sent an email requesting copy of my passport so I photograph it and send it to the email address they have given. They got all the documents back yesterday with a visit visa in the passport.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

good news

Blog Entries

Great news, Nigel
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    Stay home. Stay alert. Save lives.

Well they arrived on Tuesday, Though no thanks to immigration as they were initially detained at Heathrow had their visa's temporarily rescinded and their passports confiscated. Panada's trying to call me on Line because immigration don't believe them despite this being her 5th+ visit to the U.K. I message her my phone number because she's getting flustered and cant remember it and then I get a phone call from the immigration officer. They said niece does not have parental permission to be in the U.K as they have asked to see it and they don't have it with them, I say you don't need to see it and there is no requirement other than to include it with the application to the embassy in BKK which it has already been seen by them prior to issuing of the visa. He say well why isn't she travelling with her mother, I explain wife is a teacher and niece is a student and its the summer holidays in Thailand and her parents have normal jobs so no 7 week summer holiday. Next up is the 11 year old niece has not got enough money to cover her accommodation and food for a month, are you ******* kidding me she's 11 and staying with us. next up is do you have your own house is it rented ?. Yes I do and no its not !. My final words were they have a connecting flight to Manchester in 20 minutes and you have unnecessarily delayed them I expect you to sort that out and make sure they are on it !!. I then had to hot foot it over to Manchester airport and just made it about 3 min before they came out of baggage claim. So in all a totally unnecessarily stressful start to their holiday.

Makes my blood boil - been through a similar situation myself. Why, when hoops have been jumped through and a visa issued do they do this?

Forgery!

Whilst I might sympathise with your situation Nigel, it is not unknown for people to have a forged visa in a passport.

I know it is a pain but just imagine if all you had to do was show up, flash a passport with a visa in it and then walk through in to the UK, the land of instant benefits.

How many people do you think the UK border agency stop from entering the UK just because they have asked a few simple questions and the person has been unable to answer them correctly and that has started alarm bells ringing.

Just saying!
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    How many people do you think the UK border agency stop from entering the UK just because they have asked a few simple questions and the person has been unable to answer them correctly and that has started alarm bells ringing. Just saying!
    And how many with bona fide visas have been prevented from entering simply because they either didn't understand the questions or maybe answered one wrongly by mistake? My (then) gf was asked if she intended to work in the UK when she entered on a visit visa. She did - when she eventually moved to the UK, not on that visit. Luckily I was with her and sorted it out, if she'd have been on her own, I think it would have been a different story.

Whilst that is true it should be immediately picked up when they do the thumb print scan, if its a visa forgery then there will be no biometrics for the person presenting the visa. The whole visa system could be so much better with just a little thought put into it but it does not happen.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel&panada View Post
    The whole visa system could be so much better with just a little thought put into it but it does not happen.
    Oh, I do not disagree. I have many thoughts (as I'm sure we all do) on how the system could be made a lot easier. Some of the things that you read about are eyeopening stupidity, but sadly the likes of us all on here who have had to deal with the system will never get to change it.
    Independence Day 31st January 2020