Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Uk spouse visa extension

Hi there my visa is going to expire in the 1st week of august 2017 i live with my husband parents house with my husband since i been in uk from december 2014. My husband name is in council tax along with his parents name but my name is not there and not even in teenancy agreement aswell as no council tax and no utility bill in my name. Can you please help me with this problem. But we do have other document like
    Payslip
    Bank statement
    Letter from GP
    Mobile bills
    Contract of employement
    Employment letter
    Provisional driving licence
    Thanyou

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

You and your husband need 6 items addressed to to you jointly or each individually..If you have bank statements,GP letters ,mobile phone bills,payslips etc with your address on they should suffice..Your husband can supply other similar items.You will also have mail about your National insurance number and hospital appointments perhaps...The items need to be spaced over the 30 months plus you have been living there...and they need to be from different companies .government or council departments..You also need to have a pass in English at A2..Judging by your post if you do not have that you will easily pass it in the future..Just talk to your husband.. It would be sensible also to get a signed letter from your husband's parents that you live with them and they are happy with that arrangement..
    Download the FLR M form and read the information on it..FLR_M_-12-2016.pdf
    Last edited by tudorowen1; 27th Mar 2017 at 23:52.

As Tudorowen1 says, the correspondence items need to be spread out (2 years according to page 65 of the FLR(M) application form here).

The documents must be from at least 3 different sources. Here's the full listing of the types of documents the Home Office decision maker would to see:

"Letters or other documents from government departments or agencies, for example HM Revenue and Customs, Department for Work and Pensions, DVLA, TV Licensing.
    • Letters or other documents from your GP, a hospital or other local health service about medical treatments, appointments, home visits or other medical matters
    • Bank statements/letters
    • Building society savings books/letters
    • Council tax bills or statements
    • Electricity and/or gas bills or statements
    • Water rates bills or statements
    • Mortgage statements/agreement
    • Tenancy agreement(s)
    • Telephone bills or statements"

You say that you don't have any documents with your husband in your joint names. As Tudorowen1 says, this means that your husband needs to supply 6 documents in his name and that you need to provide 6 documents in your name. These documents must show the same address.

Rookie มือใหม่

Thankyou for very helpfull advice
    This would be very helpfull for us
    Do we have to give documents of 1 year or 6 months be sufficent?
    If my visa is expiring on 2nd of august 2017 when would be best to apply for visa extension?
    And also i only have provision driving license would it be valid?
    2014 when my husband applied for my visa he verified the house which had 3 bedrooms do we need to verify the house again as it is still the same house..
    Thankyou so much its means a lot for helping us out
    Last edited by Neeraj; 28th Mar 2017 at 21:02.

My wife took the letter that came with her Provincial Driving licence and a photocopy of the licence (blown up) also documents from her theory test IE appointment letter, the pass document, driving test documents, if you have any of those they would come in useful and would show different dates, the licence should have your address and postcode on, I tried to check my wifes but it must be in the UK, my full licence does.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by Neeraj View Post
    Do we have to give documents of 1 year or 6 months be sufficent?
    I am not sure you have understood what people have already said, your documents need to be spread over the 30 months.
    So you need 1 document addressed to both of you (or 2 documents addressed separately) from the first 5 months.
    Then another document from the second 5 months, and then another from the third 5 months and so on.

If my visa is expiring on 2nd of august 2017 when would be best to apply for visa extension?
    Are you going to apply by post?
    If so then you can post the application (get a receipt) on the 1st of August. You will still be legal even though your visa would have expired as your application would be "in process".

Are you going to apply in person?
    If so then you need to book and have your appointment before 2nd August. You can have the appointment up to 28 days before the visa expires.
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Are you going to apply by post?
    If so then you can post the application (get a receipt) on the 1st of August. You will still be legal even though your visa would have expired as your application would be "in process".

Are you going to apply in person?
    If so then you need to book and have your appointment before 2nd August. You can have the appointment up to 28 days before the visa expires.
    Or online. I thought it was only one of two options, 'in person' or printing out the application form and sending it all in the post. You can fill in the form online and submit it with payment then you have 15 days to post your documents to the address they supply.

Old Hand มือเก่า

i would say open six different bank accounts in her name this is the easiest way one i didnt do ,then you could collect others over time dentist,ni number ,doctors,water company is a good one for joint names council tax was a struggle but got there in the end,elec and gas companies and mobile broadband you are wasting your time as they keep telling me we dont do joint accounts ,credit search or something got sick of asking them .driving license if for flr im sure you can not get as you have to provide 3 years of address .6 different bank accounts from the first week she lands would eliminate this problem,just wish i did it

Opening a single bank account can be an issue in itself for somebody who has just arrived in the UK. Six? I don't think so.

Old Hand มือเก่า

i found this the easiest my wife has one nationwide and barclays no problem what so ever as long as you have ni number and passport add the post office thats 3 it was so simple try adding her to a gas account or electic,,honestly rasg i couldnt understand the ease of this but its true in fact all barclays wanted to do was sell us a account ie one you pay for telling us our mobiles would be covered
    Last edited by Samsung; 7th Apr 2017 at 21:51.

I couldn’t get my wife added to one of my accounts a few weeks ago despite supplying all of the documents that you mention.

I remember you having problems getting your wife on your Council Tax. I didn't. It depends on the bank or the council.

With the telephone, water, gas and electric companies don't try adding her to it, change it in to her name BUT make sure that you are listed as a nominated person that can deal with the company.
    That is what I did for Nok, making sure that I had 6 other things in my name of course (which was easy seeing as I have so many different bank accounts).

So then you have 4 get her a bank account (5) and joint name on council tax and that is your 6.
    Independence Day 31st January 2020