Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default Adopting Stepchild

Hi, has anyone any experience adopting their stepchild ?.

I wish to start the process of adopting my step daughter who has been in England 1 year now.
    I have started the ball rolling by contacting the local adoption services to me.
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Blog Entries

There are a few members who have (successfully) gone through the adoption process. Have you considered applying for a Patental Responsibility Order? I'm on an iPhone at present so can't search for you, but search this forum for details. A much quicker and cheaper option that might provide a solution to your (and the child's) need.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Quote Originally Posted by Tobias View Post
    There are a few members who have (successfully) gone through the adoption process. Have you considered applying for a Patental Responsibility Order? I'm on an iPhone at present so can't search for you, but search this forum for details. A much quicker and cheaper option that might provide a solution to your (and the child's) need.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. I wish to go down the adoption route to give my step daughter a father she has never had. I want to give her the security this will bring. It would be good to seek other peoples recent experiences. I do understand about Parental Resonsibility order, but its not for us.

Blog Entries

Perfectly reasonable and commendable, leshemp. The member who was the most recent to do this was 9851colle, he's a great bloke and will no doubt be very happy to offer you some guidance and advice.
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Perfectly reasonable and commendable, leshemp. The member who was the most recent to do this was 9851colle, he's a great bloke and will no doubt be very happy to offer you some guidance and advice.

Thank you Tobias, this site has been so helpful.

Sorry for not been around for a while, but have been promoted at work and do additional tasks which can take up some of my time. Have a read through this thread and follow the link. If you have any questions get back to me.

http://thailand-uk.com/forums/showth...light=Adoption
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Blog Entries

Hey, thanks Mick. I was hoping you'd see this one ... and congratulations on the promotion. I hope civilian life is treating you well
    Tobias - โทเบียส

Hey, thanks Mick. I was hoping you'd see this one ... and congratulations on the promotion. I hope civilian life is treating you well
    Civilian life is good although did take a while to adjust. Initially thought i would take a easy Civil Service job, but wasn't for me so gone back to been Operational, but the job is more demanding. Pay is not so good but Ive pension each month and thrive from the excitment.
    Nec Aspera Terrent

Quote Originally Posted by 9851colle View Post
    Sorry for not been around for a while, but have been promoted at work and do additional tasks which can take up some of my time. Have a read through this thread and follow the link. If you have any questions get back to me.

Hi ,
    Thank you for the link , all advice is most welcome.

Thanks Les.

Member สมาชิก

timely post. Good luck leshemp. I'm looking to start this in August so I will follow this thread with interest.

Quote Originally Posted by 9851colle View Post

Hi Mick, just a few more questions.
    Can you advise if I need to send anymore paper work with the Adoption form A58 than the following list.
    1. A certified copy of step daughters birth certificate and translation.
    2. A marraige certificate.
    3. Court papers from high court in thailand awarding custody to mother and translation.
    4. Copies of passport for myself and her mother for ID.
    Because I`m married to my step daughters birth mother,do i fill the A58 form out as 1 applicant only on the adoption application.

Thanks Les.

What i did was wright a letter of intent to my local authority initially. You need to engage with them first and then they will point you in the right direction. Give them a call, they will explain what you need to do and what documentation your required to send. You will also need to speak to social services.

Mick..
    Nec Aspera Terrent