Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Joint Income on FLR

Hi all,

I am looking at changing careers and initially my salary will drop below the £18,600 threshold needed for my wife's FLR visa. The visa application is not due until January 2018 and I am hoping my salary will have increased by then. However, I want to check whether we can use both mine and my wife's income total when applying for the FLR? She is currently working full time and I will be also so between us we will easily total the £18,600 needed.

Thank you for any advice on this issue.

Steve

Hi Steve

I'm pretty sure you can use your wife's income towards the financial requirement, providing she has wage slips from a company or if she's self-employed, a self assessment from the inland revenue where the taxable profit counts towards the requirement.

Member สมาชิก

Thank you for your reply. She works for a large restaurant chain so wage slips are not a problem. I might be salaried or self employed by the time the visa application comes around but as long as we can use both our wages if needed then that makes me feel a lot better.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

If you are self employed you might have a problem ..The rules for self employed when applying for a spouse visa or FLR (M) seem very complicated to me..They seem to want an average of two years self employed profits/wages..Check them out on
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    If you are self employed you might have a problem ..The rules for self employed when applying for a spouse visa or FLR (M) seem very complicated to me..They seem to want an average of two years self employed profits/wages..Check them out on
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf
    That's not quite right. You can use your latest accounts or an average of two years if your latest annual accounts are below the £18,600 threshold.

If you are self employed you can't combine savings but you can combine your partner's salary. I'm 99% sure on the bit about partner's salary but it was almost a year ago when I was checking the requirements for my wife.