Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  18
Likes Likes:  46
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member สมาชิก

Default current situation of relationship engagement and marriage registration

Hi all.

to first state my situation, (this is long haha) and then hope for some advice.

i met a beautiful lady through an app called Fuzd. we met due to my holiday upcoming in Thailand in September 2017. i wanted to learn basic Thai language and the lady wanted to learn english. we spoke for a number of hours instantly.
    as our chats progressed the lady offered to show me round Chiang Rai during my vacation.
    this holiday was originally booked for me and my ex-partner so rather than lose the deposit i payed the £3000 to go on my own. the more me and the lady spoke we began to gently flirt with each other, soon we decided to announce we are in a relationship, i consider her my long distant girlfriend, and then i decided to ask if she would like to join me on my holiday.. We speak on average 6-10 hours daily.. often ino the early hours of the night due to time difference.. she is educated and has her own busniess.. she is not after any money or assets (as warned by my family and friends)

we eventually began to discuss marriage and her coming to Uk.
    i know i have to get the affirmation document signed and stamped in Uk with Thai Translation. we have decided to get engaged in September and plan to marry 2018 september in her home place, with simple wedding. we have also discussed registering our marriage in Phang Nga or Bangkok while on our holiday.. some friends of mine say this is risky but our chats prove we both have found love. ( could this be a danger situation??)

i have saved all our talks on FB messenger and on fuzd app.. we speak for 1 month now and have 26 days to wait until we meet and holiday together.

we both want this very much and she has plans to work when she gets to UK

My situation is that at present i am an Artist who is receiving Personal independence Payment (disability allowance) plus i am in receipt of Employment support Allowance (ESA) at the higher rate , plus my council Tax and housing benefit is also paid..

we have now started to make video calls nightly before she sleeps and sometimes in the day. i have started to screenshot the calls and mesage chats to prove our relationship is real, because in the future we will apply for her visa to live with me in the uk. eventually i will not be on the benefits and will be back in work or making money via my arts.

we plan for a second UK marriage at small registration office and in the future wwe will have children, this is the first time ive felt true love in my life and hope that someone here has all the advice we need to live and love together..

any replies will be most appreciated

thanks from tasle and Thantip

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by Tasle283 View Post
    Hi all.

to first state my situation, (this is long haha) and then hope for some advice.

i met a beautiful lady through an app called Fuzd. we met due to my holiday upcoming in Thailand in September 2017. i wanted to learn basic Thai language and the lady wanted to learn english. we spoke for a number of hours instantly.
    as our chats progressed the lady offered to show me round Chiang Rai during my vacation.
    this holiday was originally booked for me and my ex-partner so rather than lose the deposit i payed the £3000 to go on my own. the more me and the lady spoke we began to gently flirt with each other, soon we decided to announce we are in a relationship, i consider her my long distant girlfriend, and then i decided to ask if she would like to join me on my holiday.. We speak on average 6-10 hours daily.. often ino the early hours of the night due to time difference.. she is educated and has her own busniess.. she is not after any money or assets (as warned by my family and friends)

we eventually began to discuss marriage and her coming to Uk.
    i know i have to get the affirmation document signed and stamped in Uk with Thai Translation. we have decided to get engaged in September and plan to marry 2018 september in her home place, with simple wedding. we have also discussed registering our marriage in Phang Nga or Bangkok while on our holiday.. some friends of mine say this is risky but our chats prove we both have found love. ( could this be a danger situation??)

i have saved all our talks on FB messenger and on fuzd app.. we speak for 1 month now and have 26 days to wait until we meet and holiday together.

we both want this very much and she has plans to work when she gets to UK

My situation is that at present i am an Artist who is receiving Personal independence Payment (disability allowance) plus i am in receipt of Employment support Allowance (ESA) at the higher rate , plus my council Tax and housing benefit is also paid..

we have now started to make video calls nightly before she sleeps and sometimes in the day. i have started to screenshot the calls and mesage chats to prove our relationship is real, because in the future we will apply for her visa to live with me in the uk. eventually i will not be on the benefits and will be back in work or making money via my arts.

we plan for a second UK marriage at small registration office and in the future wwe will have children, this is the first time ive felt true love in my life and hope that someone here has all the advice we need to live and love together..

any replies will be most appreciated

thanks from tasle and Thantip
    Good luck to you Tasle all has to be signed off for marriage in Thailand not the UK...the chances of your lady getting a visa for the UK after only one visit by you are slim but you can try...I'm sure someone more knowledgeable than me will answer soon :-)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

I would just tread very carefully..You need to meet in real life first..Lots of us on this site have been in your shoes..When you have met this woman and spent time with her then you should make plans..not yet!
    I felt just the same as you..I spent time online and then met the lady in Bangkok. I spent two long holidays with her..After a year she came to the UK..but things did not work out..However a couple of years later I met another lady who is now my wife..and in between i met many more!

There's food that's been in my fridge longer than you've known this woman you're still to meet, enjoy your holiday and get to know her before planning the wedding.
    The holiday was originally booked with your ex? Don't jump from the frying pan into the fire!

Have you been to Thailand before?

£3000 ?? What does that involve ?? I take it that it is possibly part of a round the world trip or round Asia trip?? Had to double check how many zeros after the Three.

Common sense would dictate to take things step by step and the First step would be to meet in Real life...
    Hope you enjoy your holiday and things workout ......
    bangkok mags

I hope she gets the visa .

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

I would advise to take it slow, meet first and see how it goes. You'll never know the true person just chatting on the internet. After you have been over there apply for a visit visa so she can come over and see what it is like.

Would be interesting to know what you are getting for your £3000, as seems a tad expensive for visit to Thailand.

Once married and you do apply for her to come over permanently you'll need to be earning £18600 a year.

Just take it slow. be careful.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Quote Originally Posted by tudorowen1 View Post
    I would just tread very carefully..You need to meet in real life first..
    ... and make sure she's really a lady.

Member สมาชิก

hi Plymouth Nick. yes the holiday was part of a tour haha 3 days bangkok, 5 days elephant hills and 7 days Khao lak, all 5 star residences, all inclusive at two places,, yeah steep for one person but holidays to portugal were coming in just shy of that,.. so thailand it was.. as i said i am on PIP and ESA which makes me exempt from that £18600 PA rule...

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

thanks sisaket.. see my reply to plymouth Nick.. for holiday details.. meeting her for longer time was the reason i had Kate put onto my holiday.. so we can properly gage where we at for future plans

thanks scot and i get your point and understand fully about the fridge hahahaha its true that. yeah mate me and my ex have been going sour for over 6 months or more knowing what i really wanted for my future.. i think we just want to get the affirmation done on this journey, that is if we connect like we do online and with video message..

no never been to thailand before ....this was to be the holiday of a lifetime for me after a series of unfortunate events and successes..

hi there Ken hulme ,, no you might get this misunderstood.. i am aware now that everything is thailand law and signed off....we plan to get married at her home district september2018 and in between that time i will visit 2-3 times for longer time together, then she can come to england and see how she feels about here

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Mate, echoing what the other people on here have said, I have spent longer in the NAAFI queue than you have known your lady. Please be careful and use your head. There a lot of nice Thai ladies out there but there are also others who will lull you in to a false sense of security.
    Why is there a rush? If you dont mind sharing...how old are you? I was thinking there must be a reason why its happening so quickly.
    I have been with my partner 2.5 years and we are just talking about taking things further and thats living together for 2 years of that
    Enjoy the holiday and see how it goes when you meet. Good luck with it all.

Tasle283 if your planning on regular trips to LOS then you might want to see how the locals live day by day and spend as they do .

You will be going regularly otherwise I doubt she will get the visa which ever it is. Some of us on this forum visit several times a year. 3K is err a little OTT.

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthNick View Post
    Would be interesting to know what you are getting for your £3000, as seems a tad expensive for visit to Thailand.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    3K is err a little OTT.
    ...the holiday was part of a tour haha 3 days bangkok, 5 days elephant hills and 7 days Khao lak, all 5 star residences, all inclusive at two places...
    No doubt as it is a 5 star all inclusive this 3K is the amount they are now stinging him for a Single Supplement as he will now be going alone. Annoying rip off that I had endured for a few years in Thailand (and other places before) until I started to book my own thing and bypass the travel agencies.

Tasle283, not really sure how you will get on having your lady "join" you on your holiday as you are now travelling alone.
    Have you sorted this out with the firm you have booked with and paid this extra 3 grand?
    Independence Day 31st January 2020

Tasle283 On a serious note I am concerned you have a disability . If this disability is physical and involves a mobility impairment you find that 3k does buy you the assistance you may or may not require. I wish you well.

Member สมาชิก

HI lonerider thanks for the input. i have questioned why the rush and we agreed to slow it down. she does seem to be one of the nice ladies. ive tested her a few times on many different things, even to the point we dont meet in chiang Rai in case its a set up, she has asked no money, she knows i have no house, i have no business.. at first i questioned why the rush ?? but now we slow down to marriage registration at later time and we need to visit each other more regluarly..

my age 42

Quote Originally Posted by Linne View Post
    Tasle283 On a serious note I am concerned you have a disability . If this disability is physical and involves a mobility impairment you find that 3k does buy you the assistance you may or may not require. I wish you well.
    hi Linne no the disability is actually ADHD type 3 and PTSD. no physical difficulties at all..

what 3k are you talking about

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    No doubt as it is a 5 star all inclusive this 3K is the amount they are now stinging him for a Single Supplement as he will now be going alone. Annoying rip off that I had endured for a few years in Thailand (and other places before) until I started to book my own thing and bypass the travel agencies.

Tasle283, not really sure how you will get on having your lady "join" you on your holiday as you are now travelling alone.
    Have you sorted this out with the firm you have booked with and paid this extra 3 grand?
    HI gary & Nok, yes because the holiday was booked with accomodation luxury twin rooms, the reduction was not so big.. this couldnt be changed as a i bought under a deal. £300 reduction on the £3000 costs and to put my partner onto the holiday only cost 500 pound due to prices increase..

one thing was i asked agent to book me a flight to Chiang Rai return they quoted £173 haha i found ticket with bangkok airlines at £35 each way so i know next time i visit thailand i will do all the bookings myself

not a problem with her joining me on all the holiday, alothough the agent calls her my "ladyfriend" as if i got a Thai prostitute hahah

linne next time i visit i will be with her in Chiang rai to stay with her and live like the locals

i want to ask where you guys met your partners or wives ??

i had to read and reread the op, and i still can not believe what i am reading, surely this is a troll thread,

my first thoughts if you are a real person in this situation, would be to cancel the Thai holiday and go to spain, maybe these very very foolish ideas will wash away over there.

you booked the holiday with an ex, and now with some phone/internet chats you are planning your life together, with a new women who may have a lot of things hiding in a closet.

you can only get married once.

do you not have any friends or family that can talk some sense into you

I cannot speak for others but from what I hear, everywhere, dating sites/bars/restaurants/introductions/work colleagues maybe. Same as anywhere else.

You might want to remember that there are unattached Thai people here in the UK. Some with legitimate visas, some not , some with British passports .

I dated a girl for a time who worked at a food stall in BKK, sadly it didn't work out.

Spent just over a thousand pounds (not including flight) over a two month stay, though the rate was better then. You can do it cheaper but I was staying in hotels and travelling about.
    Last edited by marshall; 11th Aug 2017 at 00:24.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by steve187 View Post
    i had to read and reread the op, and i still can not believe what i am reading, surely this is a troll thread,

my first thoughts if you are a real person in this situation, would be to cancel the Thai holiday and go to spain, maybe these very very foolish ideas will wash away over there.

you booked the holiday with an ex, and now with some phone/internet chats you are planning your life together, with a new women who may have a lot of things hiding in a closet.

you can only get married once.

do you not have any friends or family that can talk some sense into you
    excuse me but please explain a troll thread?
    i find it quite how can i put this hmm rude. i tried to cancel but rather than lose a thousand pound deposit,.i took the chance to holiday alone.. . now my thinking is go on holiday and see how it pans out.. ive got to say the lady i dated in UK previous was a right crackpot.. im only getting to know this new lady and i asked for constructive advice.. not something that appears to be ridiculing me..

obvously there may be hidden skeletons.. but shes spoke of some of her problems just like i have problems.. its a lengthy process i know but if feelings are there then they are there..

my friends back me and some make me question things, ny family are rpobably the worst for advice they cant hold their own lives together never mind advise someone else about life..

I thought that marrying my Thai girlfriend was a bit quick but I had spent six months with her in the UK and almost two months in Thailand. We were together 24 hours a day, seven days a week over that period so we had got to know each other as much as possible in that time. We knew we were compatible in almost every respect.

The UK visa system pushed us into marriage faster than we both wanted to go but we both knew we would end up spending our lives together.

Would I even consider marrying somebody without meeting them? No I wouldnt.

Luxury accommodation in Bangkok in a four/five star hotel for us at the Centre Point Silom with a huge suite was £70 night the last time we stayed there. The same in Mukdahan city in the Ploy Palace was just under £20 a night.

Enjoy your holiday but slow down a bit and stop talking about marriage before you've even met.

That's my only advice.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - -
    I had a bit of a bladder cancer scare in 2014 when working in Iraq, but got the all clear, I thought it and went travelling, I rode a motorbike in Thailand and Laos. Met Ohmmy serving me my food in a restaraunt when I had 6 days in BKK before I flew home, I asked her for a drink the night before I flew.
    Now back in Iraq and living in Thailand on my leave
    Last edited by Tobias; 18th Aug 2017 at 01:25. Reason: Language filter violation.