Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default When to apply ILR 5 year route

My wife due to apply ILR in January this year under 5 year route, she arrived in UK on 25th January 2013. Does she have to have completed the full 5 years? ie apply after the 25th of January 2018 or can you still apply 28 days prior to completing the 5 year period?

Thanks Steve

This is what the latest guidance notes say, so going by this it seems applying 28 days before the end of the qualifying period is ok?

5. When To ApplyYou and any children under 18 who are applying with you should apply before the end ofyour/their permitted stay in the UK when you are nearing completion of the qualifying periodrequired by the Immigration Rules.Please do not apply more than 28 days before completing that period. If you apply earlierthan that, your application may be refused. If that happens, we will not refund the fee andyou will have to pay again when reapplying.For visa holders only. If, after receiving your visa, you delayed your journey such that youwill reach the “valid until” date on your visa before completing 24 months/60 months in theUK, you may need to apply for an extension of stay to complete the 24 month/60-monthperiod before applying for indefinite leave to remain on form SET(M). An application for anextension of stay must be made on form FLR(M) or FLR(FP).

Steve

As long as she would have completed the 60 months required then she can apply 28 days beforehand.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

She wont have fully completed 60 month's?

I want to apply 20 days before she has completed the 60 months which judging by the above statement is ok? Her BRP is actually valid for another few months until March I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by bingobano View Post
    She wont have fully completed 60 month's?
    Sorry, maybe not worded great.
    I said as long as she WOULD have completed the 60 months then she can apply 28 days before that 60 month date.

I want to apply 20 days before she has completed the 60 months which judging by the above statement is ok? Her BRP is actually valid for another few months until March I believe.
    Yes that will be OK, so apply around the 5th of January.
    I'm ONE of the 52%