Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Default What if no English A2 at FLR{M}?

My wife has a Thai friend who is about 3 months away from applying for FLR(M). Her English is very poor and she is worried she won't pass an A2 level exam before FLR(M).
    What will happen if she does not have the English language requirement?

Member สมาชิก

If she passed A1 and has been in the UK for more than 2 years then she should not be too worried...its quite a simple exam and there are one or two videos on you tube which are helpful...you'd expect her better half to give her some support in preparing for the exam...my wife is in Manchester tomorrow taking her A2..not really answered your question but its got to be hard to fail the exam really...I certainly don't want to be paying another £150 for a retake!!
    Cheers..

Take a look at the Trinity College feed on YouTube and take a look at the A1 and A2 tests to see the differences. They are not a lot.

For A1 I showed my wife three tests and then we went through the same type of questions every day for a week or so. Her English wasn't good and it was enough to get her through the test. Now she will find it very easy her English has improved so much.

Old Hand มือเก่า
    ต้องการนักแปล

my misses is going to go for b1 and by pass this money making exercise then all future english test are done and dusted unless our gov moves the goal post again like i said before this is not a exam as such no correct answer or wrong ,were do you come from ? i come from (thailand) (bangkok) (korat) or my mothers womb go figure its about do you understand the question and can you give a reply

My wife did the A1 equivalent BULATS test, (don't think they accept that test now), in Bangkok a few years back. She did the B1 last Oct. in Manchester with trinity. she reckoned the B1 was actually easier because there are set questions they ask, so preparing for it was more straight forward.

Member สมาชิก

In answer to the OP’s original question, if she doesn’t have A2, the visa will be refused. I’ve just submitted the wife’s FLR M application and it states so on the form.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Thanks for the reply..
    As a matter of interest..My wife just received her BRP card and new visa was granted..a couple of days less than 7 weeks after we submitted it..