Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Settlement visa bank statements. 6 months for every account???

Hi everyone, with regard to supporting evidence am i right in saying that i need to provide 6 months worth of bank statements? That's 24 x A4 pages just for one account and i have several. Whats your experience and how big was your supporting evidence file, as mine is becoming thick!!

Thanks in advance.

I am assuming that you are in salaried employment.

Yes, you need to supply bank statements for the account which receives your salary. You may need to supply 6 or 12 bank statements, depending upon how long you've been with your current employer. This is set out in the Immigration Rules Appendix FM-SE:

"2. In respect of salaried employment in the UK (except where paragraph 9 applies), all of the following evidence must be provided

(a) Payslips covering:

(i) a period of 6 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for at least 6 months (and where paragraph 13(b) of this Appendix does not apply); or
    (ii) any period of salaried employment in the period of 12 months prior to the date of application if the person has been employed by their current employer for less than 6 months (or at least 6 months but the person does not rely on paragraph 13(a) of this Appendix), or in the financial year(s) relied upon by a self-employed person.

(b) A letter from the employer(s) who issued the payslips at paragraph 2(a) confirming:

(i) the person’s employment and gross annual salary;
    (ii) the length of their employment;
    (iii) the period over which they have been or were paid the level of salary relied upon in the application; and
    (iv) the type of employment (permanent, fixed-term contract or agency).

(c) Personal bank statements corresponding to the same period(s) as the payslips at paragraph 2(a), showing that the salary has been paid into an account in the name of the person or in the name of the person and their partner jointly."

Our file for the initial entry clearance for the spouse settlement visa was about 2.5cm thick. Our file for our FLR(M) application next month is about 1.5cm thick and contains all of the evidence asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by ace_rimmer View Post
    Hi everyone, with regard to supporting evidence am i right in saying that i need to provide 6 months worth of bank statements? That's 24 x A4 pages just for one account and i have several. Whats your experience and how big was your supporting evidence file, as mine is becoming thick!!

Thanks in advance.
    I am self employed and I had to supply 12 months of statements for two different accounts...

Probably 125-150 pages.

Thanks Rasg, you appear to be the oracle on all things visa related. I am planning on taking my documents to Thailand with me at Christmas, with my wife applying in January. I think i need a bigger suitcase!

Can i send direct? I've heard a couple of people talking about it and it would seem more sensible than taking them all the way to Thailand. I would be concerned that the two parts didn't meet up though.

Thanks again.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks guys, going paperless seemed a good idea at the time, i may have to order statements.

Quote Originally Posted by ace_rimmer View Post
    Thanks Rasg, you appear to be the oracle on all things visa related. I am planning on taking my documents to Thailand with me at Christmas, with my wife applying in January. I think i need a bigger suitcase!

Can i send direct? I've heard a couple of people talking about it and it would seem more sensible than taking them all the way to Thailand. I would be concerned that the two parts didn't meet up though.

Thanks again.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks guys, going paperless seemed a good idea at the time, i may have to order statements.
    Not sure about the oracle but went through it early last year.

All my bound accounts, statements, tax docs etc all fitted in in one of those A4 press studded plastic sleeves. I took four of the sleeves and carried them in hand luggage, if I remember. Less than 2 pounds in weight.

I printed the statements myself, stapled each month together, and had Santander stamp the first page of each month. They did them while I waited but I did go into the bank when it was relatively quiet.

Things have changed and I am pretty certain you can send direct to Sheffield but somebody who has done it recently will give you better advice than me on that one. If they scan them and send them from Thailand you have to pay for the scanning and everything has to be A4 and unstapled, if I remember correctly.

A decision takes a lot longer than it did back then.