Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default Converting Thai qualifications to uk

Hi all, my wife arrived here 3 months ago and we're trying to convert her Thai degree to an English equivalent to help with her job applications. Does anyone have any experience of getting this done here? We have all certs translated in Thailand but having difficulty getting it converted.

She had an IT job in BKK and really wants to get into something similar here

My Mrs used UK NARIC , they compare Degrees , Certifications etc to UK Qualifications .
    Mrs transcripts were all in English but they will accept Translations .

https://www.naric.org.uk/naric/
    bangkok mags

It would be helpful if you could provide feedback on how helpful such translations are. My other other half has a Thai degree in accounting and master degree in management (of some sort). Translation wasn't an issue, they just weren't recognised in the UK.

Understandable when you think of the pitiful state of Thai education. There isn't a Thai university that has a credible ranking and only 3 make it into the top 100 in Asia. There are however, many well educated Thais!
    'Tis me

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Sisaket, I'll look into that company you mentioned.

As per caller's comments, does anyone have any experience of thai qualifications being accepted here? My wife really wants an office job over here, but i'm beginning to see that's going to be very tough.

Member สมาชิก

My wife also used NARIC to compare her degree and Masters degree, luckily the university in Khon Kaen had written it all in English. She added it on her cv back in 2009 and the only jobs she has been successful at so far are working in care homes including the one where she is at the moment. Her applications run into many hundreds. It's not for want of trying as she has spent a long time at college here gaining GCSEs and NVQs. She did become a bit disheartened with it all at one point. All her friends around here are in a similar position working in minimum wage jobs, but at least they are working!

The minimum wage was one of the worst things that the Labour party introduced. All to often it's become the maximum wage
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

My wife was an Accountant in BKK, then studied an MSc in Edinburgh. We used NARIC for her job hunting. Like others say, didn't get anywhere with most jobs. The big 4 accountancy firms didn't give her a look in and the online applications same. Didn't get through to stage 2.

However, going local to the medium sized to bigger firms that have a human being opening letters with CVs and doing human contact was the key to her getting a good and qualification-relevant job.

Thai's are usually very affable people so if they can get through to speak to someone and have relevant experience, Im sure they will have better chances of success.

She got down to the last 2 of interviews in one company (her visa status on FLR(M) wobbled them as they didn't understand her status I reckon). However, was successful at the next interview and been there for 6 years now and loves it.