Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  8
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conundrum

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by jimmbo60 View Post
    Sorry can't agree with you here, these people know futures and families are at stake and won't make a decision based on having had a coffee or not.
    you are right jimmbo a good application should not fail ,i do try and break things up with a bit of fun

these people know futures and families are at stake
    With no right to appeal and no comebacks, i don't think ECO's will lose any sleep after dishing out a bunch of refusals.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    With no right to appeal and no comebacks, i don't think ECO's will lose any sleep after dishing out a bunch of refusals.
    i am to understand that they have to give a reason why and most give reason to return as rest of the application is spot on and its not black/white hence the coffee and mood of the eco as losing no sleep he has the power to refuse no questions end off basically if any of us was to stand over him and question his decision he proberly couldnt explain hence why its a lotto ,reason to return i know the law that is the only reason as jail far out weighs no job ps can we put the world to right no but it would be a good afternoon trying lol with a couple of beers

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by Elad View Post
    Very subjective. Do you really believe the ECO's really want to keep loved ones apart and just don't give a rats ass.

Very subjective. Do you really believe the ECO's really want to keep loved ones apart and just don't give a rats ass.
    Looking at how every thing else is run, who knows.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

these people know futures and families are at stake
    I'll grant you that futures and families are at stake in a SV application but would remind you, we are talking about V V's here.

I've seen too many inexplicable decisions (both ways) to believe that the ECO's gut feelings, rather than plain evidencial facts, affect quite a number V V applications. Granted, they have a difficult job, there are hundreds of Thai girls already in the UK illegally and its an ECO's job to weed them out. However, that's what they get paid to do.

I fully understand why, after preparing a solid application, you support the ECO's position. I wonder if you would feel the same way if, having prepared a solid application, it was refused?

I've seen and read about many failed applications and can often see why they've failed. But, have a careful look at the evidence I submitted for my gf's application and tell me, hand on heart, that the ECO needed more photos to believe our relationship was genuine.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I'll grant you that futures and families are at stake in a SV application but would remind you, we are talking about V V's here.
    I am well aware we are talking about VV, do you not believe these visas have a effects on families and futures?

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

I've seen too many inexplicable decisions (both ways) to believe that the ECO's gut feelings, rather than plain evidencial facts, affect quite a number V V applications. Granted, they have a difficult job, there are hundreds of Thai girls already in the UK illegally and its an ECO's job to weed them out. However, that's what they get paid to do.
    Yes they do get paid, and your application has to satisfy the ECO, if they aren't satisfied then you don't get it. As soon as you gave them what they needed the visa was granted

I fully understand why, after preparing a solid application, you support the ECO's position. I wonder if you would feel the same way if, having prepared a solid application, it was refused?
    Never failed, so I don't know. I suspect we would have been disappointed. However we would have reviewed their letter, replied to the points they raised and re-applied. I doubt the ECO would want to stop genuine applicants.

I've seen and read about many failed applications and can often see why they've failed. But, have a careful look at the evidence I submitted for my gf's application and tell me, hand on heart, that the ECO needed more photos to believe our relationship was genuine.
    Obviously they did. And once you supplied them, you satisfied the ECO, and the visa was granted.

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

You are competely missing the point but never mind - I give up.

I've done a search for statistics on UK entry clearance and found two charts for the year 2008-9 cant seem to find anything more recent but i suspect it hasn't change too much.

visit visa applications dominate globally, and regionally. a few years back i remember someone on this forum posting a table showing how many applications were made in Bangkok for each category, and i was amazed to see that there were 20 settlement visas and 1,300 visit visa applications in one month.

So Jimbo60, its not that the ECO don't give a rats ass, its more like they don't have time to give a rats ass. they must be rushed off there feet to process so many applications. the ECO won't have time to sit and think (or feel any emotions) about every boyfriend and girlfriend that's in involved in each individual application.

Member สมาชิก

Hi

I suspect with the changes in the political climate in the UK and revised guidance etc the stats on visa apps will look very different now to in 2008. I am sure there will be targets in place for refusals now with the government having a target to get net migration below x.

Also to save money they took settlements visas away from Embassies last year introducing incredibly long delays

What on earth do VV's have to do with net migration !!!!!
    If you're offended by any assistance I give, it says far more about you than it does me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    Hi

I suspect with the changes in the political climate in the UK and revised guidance etc the stats on visa apps will look very different now to in 2008. I am sure there will be targets in place for refusals now with the government having a target to get net migration below x.

Also to save money they took settlements visas away from Embassies last year introducing incredibly long delays
    Unfortunately all applications are probably under heavy scrutiny as a result from past governments, (especially), lackadaisical stance on immigration.
    Now many genuine people who want to simply get their spouse here are possibly being penalised as a consequence of long overdue quotas being implemented.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Member สมาชิก

Hi Keith,

I suspect Visit Visas are often a stepping stone on the road to Settlement visas in Brit Thai relationships. So restricting visit visas has an impact on restricting future settlement visas = part of the campaign to reduce net migration. Simples