Likes Likes:  20
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Try this address, they should reply to you:

consularenquiriesbangkok@fco.gov.uk

Member สมาชิก

Thanks Flip!
    I'd already sent a reply to this address. Says they can take up to 10 working days to reply. No mention of a charge. Thanks again.

Member สมาชิก

Hi
    I checked on the website a couple of weeks ago. They were heavily booked around valentines but then there were some slots but they do not let you book more than 2 months ahead. check again on monday. what date do you have in mind?

Member สมาชิก

I was hoping it was this kind of set up. (Can't book too early ahead) I'm hoping for around mid April after Songkran festival finishes

Member สมาชิก

I suspect they have yet to release that date.
    But check monday am in case it has broke. When working they do only have about 6 appointments a day and they finish at Lunchtime.

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Try this address, they should reply to you:

consularenquiriesbangkok@fco.gov.uk
    Good suggestion. I have found that contacting them via email to be surprisingly helpful!

Member สมาชิก

"Whether you wish to show that you transfer money to her at the moment is up to you - as you are not married yet, I wouldn't. It has happened before that an ECO has said they believe the relationship is purely based on money and not real - rare but it has happened."

Flip: When I submit my bank statements they will see these transactions anyway, so I have no choice?

Depends on when she intends making the application. If you can get enough clear statements - not showing such transfers, that would be better. If you can't, well submit them but don't draw attention to the transfers.

Member สมาชิก

So I could get away with submitting bank statements from the months prior to us meeting you think? I guess it is purely to show I meet the fianancial requirement? Thanks again

Member สมาชิก

No they need recent bank statements to check you have the resources to look after her in the uk.Transfers to her are good as they show you already do look after her.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

p 60 are the best and wage slips ,on my wife FLR these was paper clipped together by the home office along with the full photo copy of my passport ,so i guess that these documents was on top of there list as must have and important .

Quote Originally Posted by Carl View Post
    No they need recent bank statements to check you have the resources to look after her in the uk.Transfers to her are good as they show you already do look after her.
    I'd be careful making that recommendation Carl. Its been a while but we have had posts on here from members who's partner's application was refused because the ECO considered that the relationship was based on money.

I've been out of the loop on this thread for a while and I've read back a little bit but if we are still discussing the OP's original question about Settlement visas, the fact that you send money to a partner in Thailand is not that relevant. If you are applying for a Settlement visa you are both intending to live in the UK on a permanent basis.

If you are now talking about a visit visa, the situation is different for the first visit visa.

After my wife's first visit visa where she requested a months holiday, we relied on her job as her reason to return she stayed 18 weeks. She then applied for a second visit visa explaining that I was sending her money each month and she had no difficulty getting the visa. It actually overlapped the first visit visa by 12 days because I wanted her here for Christmas to meet the rest of my family and her first visit visa ran out on the 12th December.

The ECO's don't like applicants who are financially reliant on their boyfriends for a first visit visa. In my experience with a second visit it doesn't matter as there is a perception that the couple are thinking of being together permanently.

Member สมาชิก

No Rasg, this is for a settlement visa. I called my bank about sending me 12 months worth of statements for both my current account and savings account, they said they can send me the whole of 2017 Jan - Dec. I’m guessing it isn’t vital that I provide the most recent ones as this is surely just so they can see a regular income each month? I also received 12 months worth of payslips through the post from work today to also add in the documents folders, I will be adding my final payslip when I get it early next month too..oh and plus a P60..so I am getting close to having all the paperwork this end ready

Actually, I'd guess that the most recent ones ARE the ones that are most important and which the ECO will want to see.

But there again, you have payslips and the requirement is only that you have an income of £18,600 - you may be OK. Its been a while since I saw the questions on an application form but read through them and make your judgment from there. Come to think of it, by the time my ex ex's application was actually submitted, my bank statements would have been getting on a bit as in those days, they would not accept online printouts so I left her with originals when I visited.

Quote Originally Posted by Allyouneedislove View Post
    No Rasg, this is for a settlement visa. I called my bank about sending me 12 months worth of statements for both my current account and savings account, they said they can send me the whole of 2017 Jan - Dec. I’m guessing it isn’t vital that I provide the most recent ones as this is surely just so they can see a regular income each month? I also received 12 months worth of payslips through the post from work today to also add in the documents folders, I will be adding my final payslip when I get it early next month too..oh and plus a P60..so I am getting close to having all the paperwork this end ready
    I thought it was. You need to send the most up to date. For all they know you may have lost your job...

Member สมาชิก

I did think this myself, but my latest payslip will show them my employment is a continued one...

Get the bank to print off the latest ones in branch and get them stamped. Try and time the date of your application with your salary going into the bank etc This way the most up to date statement won't show any gaps...

Member สมาชิก

I am still feeling I will just supply them with my 2017 bank statements with all my latest payslips. I am worried that they may say like Flip has mentioned “the relationship is based on money” if they see I have been sending money prior to us marrying!?.. I’m feeling that surely my payslips can show them my continued salary and income....hmmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Allyouneedislove View Post
    I am still feeling I will just supply them with my 2017 bank statements with all my latest payslips.
    You and you alone can make that decision. Whilst it is a fact, members have posted that an ECO suspected a relationship based on money and refused the visa, that was some time ago. If you do not include recent statements its not just going to leave a small gap - it would be almost 4 months if you did it now. I think that's too long.

On balance, I would include them but I would not draw attention to the transactions. If the ECO looks in detail, he will see them and may ask a question. Concentrate on all the other parts of the application in order to convince the ECO that the relationship is genuine.