Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default Travel to Thailand with a criminal record.

Hi, my wife and I want to have a short vacation to Thailand next year but I have a criminal record. I know as UK citizens we do not require a visa but is there any restrictions on anybody entering Thailand with a criminal record which involved a period of imprisonment back in 2008?

Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum, STEVE MATTHEWS. I can't see a big problem for you. There is no visa required for Brits and there are no questions on the Immigration Arrivals form that asked about criminal convictions so on that basis I see no need for you to disclose any previous convictions or for that to be an impediment to you visiting Thailand.
    Tobias - โทเบียส
    If you want to know where I am, follow me on my Thailand-UK Blog.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์ prikphet's Avatar

I thought a criminal conviction was compulsory on entry to Thailand - seems like it some places you go

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Adhering to Thai law, anyone convicted of an offence, other than a minor ones (and the law is very vague as to what constitutes a minor offence) will be denied entry into Thailand. That said, nobody is ever checked. If you have been involved in terrorism or suspected of the same, you are likley to be on a watch list and many countries will deny you entry.

If that's not you and as no questions are asked on entry, you will be fine. Ask half of Pattaya.

Wouldn't you only have a problem if you wanted to live there?
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

You don't have a problem with that either Marshall.

Rookie มือใหม่

I am also thinking of going to Thailand next year for as long as poss doing visa runs over the border. But i have a criminal record from my youth, I have heard i need to get police certificate before i go for immigration at borders in Thailand? Any advice would be appreciated. I heard of to English guys being refused back into Thailand this year when they tried to do it because they never had the correct Police Cert

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Hi Grouter.

Depending on what type of visa and how long ago the offence took place and what class the offence was.

As far as I can tell only the non-immigrant visa's (O -A and O - X) requires a police check and then the ACRO info will apply.

http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en...-of-Visas.html

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Grouter View Post
    I am also thinking of going to Thailand next year for as long as poss doing visa runs over the border. But i have a criminal record from my youth, I have heard i need to get police certificate before i go for immigration at borders in Thailand? Any advice would be appreciated. I heard of to English guys being refused back into Thailand this year when they tried to do it because they never had the correct Police Cert
    In the old days people could stay here for years by doing an in & out border crossing every 30 days but now you might get away with it once or twice, but that's it. Best to get a formal tourist visa or an Ed

I'm on a Non-O, never been asked about a criminal record.