Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  94
Likes Likes:  469
Dislikes Dislikes:  2
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
    Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    Good call, our gate should have been wider for that exact reason. It is OK, but could have been a bit bigger.
    Yeah lol, luckily I listened to Ohm....apparently size matters

When I was home last and my mother was over we went to a kind of small temple/exhibition (I wouldn't know what to call it really). There were loads of really life like wax figures of predominate monks from a past era.
    It was about 15/20 mins drive outside of Chum Phae on the left, if you were heading towards Khon Kaen on the 12.

P1020653 by Wayne, on Flickr

P1020671 by Wayne, on Flickr

P1020663 by Wayne, on Flickr

P1020661 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0293 by Wayne, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    Yeah lol, luckily I listened to Ohm....apparently size matters
    Hi Wayne, I think Ohm must be right as I am embarrassed to post any pics of our build which looks like a dolls house in comparison!! 555

We got our build under way when we were over for Christmas and the New Year. We saw all the ground works for the foundation laying ceremony being done and the early foundation works above ground before we came back to UK mid January. The plan was for Nuy to go back mid Feb to continue supervising the build and I was planning to join her next week. Due to the obvious, Nuy cancelled her flight and now we are both stuck here with the build moving on at some pace.

We had thought about putting a stop to the build altogether until we could both get back but decided that wasn't realistically feasible. With no end in sight or guarantee when the builders would be able to pick up where they left off we've allowed the build to continue. I can hear all the screams of "madness", "you bloody idiot" as I type this but there ya go!

At least we have Aunty who lives next door, keeping an eye on things. She is liaising with the architect and keeping the workers fed and watered and sends us photo's and videos on a daily basis. To be honest, I know ❇❇❇❇❇❇ all about building and don't speak any Thai so I would only be the proverbial "spare one" even if I was there. Like most farangs, my sole purpose in life is to pay the bills!!!

Anyway, that gate (and it is massive!), I am assuming it is electric? Are they expensive, proportional to the size I mean. We are thinking a bit further ahead but at some point will be following your steps. I had already thought about the need for any deliveries and of course, the poo truck so was planning on making the gate wider than we actually need; which will be about half or a third of the size of yours! Oo er missus!!

Keep posting, Wayne. You are an inspiration!

All the best and stay safe!

Allan

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

are you certain that monk isn't real??
    Last edited by Allan; 28th Mar 2020 at 13:10.

Hi Allan, glad to hear the build is getting underway mate, you are however a braver man than me as I would not have either Ohm or I away for along time. I think the most either of us were not there was a couple of days...I did not trust them, they could not even get somethings right when we were there lol. I don't mean to fill you with dread lol, but we preferred to be there, well, Ohm at least, I spent most of it at work. If your partners auntie is keeping an eye on them then they should be fine, and at this moment in time you have to make the best of this rather she-ite situation we all find ourselves in.
    I understand about the spare part bit 5555. But it was the things like the wiring, the plugs, coving and skirting that needing input from me via Ohm. So in some cases I was glad to be there when I was home on leave.

Yes its massive!! 7m massive! I must stop with the innuendo! 55555 I asked Ohm the other day how much we had spent on it and it was just under 40k and that included the 15k for the guys to build it so I did not think it as a bad price. No its not electric although we did talk about it. We didn't go with as it would be a pain with the remote every time someone came to visit. Then why didn't we put a small gate in it you may ask? Again it was talked about but I would say 100% of the people who come to see us use a moped, car, cart etc. as we live about 1 to 1.5 clicks outside the village, so it would not get used and would have been a waste of extra cash. Yeah, joking aside I am pleased we did it larger that normal, especially the way some folk drive lol.

As for paying the bills 5555, Ohm won just under 500k on the lottery so she has paid for concreting and the gate. She is now on with the next mission, which she is paying for, gotta love her. A car port and a block outhouse, and again she is thinking big....enough for 4/5 cars, it'll be like parking at Tesco Lotus lol. But when her brother and relatives come plus the motorbikes it will soon fill up!

They looked very real, spookly!

Thank you.

Stay safe mate

Wayne

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    Hi Wayne, I think Ohm must be right as I am embarrassed to post any pics of our build which looks like a dolls house in comparison!! 555
    Indeed, ours is single story, medium size 3 bedroom but quite a large block of land. Quite an unusual design, but my wife saw a finished house she liked and contacted the same builder to do ours. I don't seem to be able to post pics due to a size limitation
    Last edited by ray8472; 28th Mar 2020 at 14:05.

Quote Originally Posted by ray8472 View Post
    Indeed, ours is single story, medium size 3 bedroom but quite a large block of land. Quite an unusual design, but my wife saw a finished house she liked and contacted the same builder to do ours. I don't seem to be able to post pics due to a size limitation
    Photos showing fine Ray, nice place, and it looks like those little golden lions are very popular... If you dont mind me asking, is 8472 your last 4? If they are you'll know what I mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, is 8472 your last 4? If they are you'll know what I mean lol
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Species_8472

Ohm has made a start on the Car Parking area, I said its going to look like parking at Tesco Lotus 55555. Jesting aside, as usual she is doing a good job. We went for all Steel this time, so no concrete columns. The roof is going to be the same colour as the outside kitchen and joined to it.
    Photos from Ohm

IMG_0798 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0800 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0801 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0809 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0815 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0817 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0833 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0836 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0845 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0847 by Wayne, on Flickr

Member สมาชิก

Smashing Wayne... looks really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealy View Post
    Smashing Wayne... looks really well.
    Thank you...although Ohm is saying that it's too low? I don't think so! We still have 10cm of concrete to put down but I think it will be fine.

IMG_0856 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0857 by Wayne, on Flickr

Ohm has also had the Water Tank, Filter and Pump fitted, the water pressure is now great

IMG_0665 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0669 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0670 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0673 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0675 by Wayne, on Flickr

Hope you've got your hi viz and a whistle for the car parking duties, Wayne

You've gone and made me feel inferior once again, Wayne. The SIZE of that water tank!!! What Litre capacity is that, mate?

Hope you've got your hi viz and a whistle for the car parking duties, Wayne

You've gone and made me feel inferior once again, Wayne. The SIZE of that water tank!!! What Litre capacity is that, mate?
    5555555, yeah I think I will need it Allan!!

4000 litre is the tank size, I am happy in the knowledge that when the water goes off we will have a couple of days of water to use, I plan in the future to bring a pipe from our Well too, so we can use that as an emergency backup to fill the tank at a worst case senario

Well, the Tecso Lotus parking lot is comming on well, Ohm says they are doing a good strong job
    Photos from Ohm

IMG_0859 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0860 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0869 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0873 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0876 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0880 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0881 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0883 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0886 by Wayne, on Flickr

The roof is all on, they are just doing the final little bits, last day of work for them today, then they are off for 3 days, for Songkran, back on the 10th they say..

IMG_0899 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0900 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0903 by Wayne, on Flickr
    Ohm has been good with the colour coordinating, a bit of an orange theme going on 5555

IMG_0908 by Wayne, on Flickr

All done now, awaiting the concrete which will be getting done after Songkran

IMG_0913 by Wayne, on Flickr

Looks fantastic, mate. Might be an idea to get yourself a "RESERVED" sign, just in case you get home one day to find all the family have turned up and you haven't got anywhere to park. 555. If Nuy's family are anything to go by; it could happen 555

Looks fantastic, mate. Might be an idea to get yourself a "RESERVED" sign, just in case you get home one day to find all the family have turned up and you haven't got anywhere to park. 555. If Nuy's family are anything to go by; it could happen 555
    Thanks Allan

Yeah thats an idea lol

Ohm decided that she did like the front over hang as it was not long enough and the sun was still getting under it later in the day, so the front has been chopped off and is getting re-done...I seem to remember saying such a thing to her when we were planning doing it but got dismissed hahahaha. It will be the same width as the kitchen now, it's a good job we had not laid the concrete
    Ohm has also put some wooden trim on the back.

Before

IMG_0913 by Wayne, on Flickr

After
    IMG_0991 by Wayne, on FlickrIMG_0996 by Wayne, on FlickrIMG_0995 by Wayne, on Flickr

Fitting the wood to the back

IMG_0986 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0987 by Wayne, on Flickr

IMG_0988 by Wayne, on Flickr

On ours my wife decided it was not wide enough so had to be extended that way. Now it comfortably fits the Fortuner, three bikes and a large table and chairs etc. Couild get another car under there is need be.

That carport and your land is enormous !! (enough for a 3 or 4 more houses !) Have I missed something, what else is going on the land ?

Looking good, you have both got something to be proud of. (Not the scaffolding and flip-flops I cant look ) Really coming together like a dream, well done.
    bangkok mags