Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  73
Likes Likes:  330
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

APRIL 2003 Mekong river , Thai - Laos Border.jpg
    Mekong Riverfront , Royal Hotel, Nong Khai 2003.
    IMG_8597.jpg
    Buriram Airport, Sateuk, Buriram. MAR 2018.
    IMG_8598.jpg
    Wat Suwansuk, Mueang Ling, Surin, MAR 2018.
    IMG_8601.jpg
    Prasat Hin Chom Phra , Surin MAR 2018.
    IMG_8604.jpg
    Prasat Hin Chom Phra, Surin MAR 2018.
    IMG_8612.jpg
    (New) Chinese Shrine, Chom Phra District, Surin MAR 2018.
    bangkok mags

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Has anyone pictures of the rain at the end of last year. Unfortunately dont know how to down load mine to computer. Kids were swimming in the road.
    Melnathan

I deleted ones with cars forming wakes unfortunately, and another flash flood that almost closed a road leading to the mountains, only the larger vehicles got through. These are from Lampang area.

Beginning of the storm
    20170914_150944.jpg
    One hour after
    20170916_103634.jpg
    20170916_104423.jpg
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Marshal thank you very much for your post but it is just a puddle compared to the river..... sorry road outside my land
    Melnathan

Quote Originally Posted by melnathan View Post
    Marshal thank you very much for your post but it is just a puddle compared to the river..... sorry road outside my land
    Melnathan
    Yeah they are a bit pathetic, sorry. It just amazed me how quickly the roads where I was staying turned into rivers (which I didn't take).
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Lonerider's Avatar
    Yorkshireman divided between Chum Phae & Iraq

Getting our car washed in Chum Phae
    How many people to dry it!!!!

IMG_2283 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2284 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2286 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

The new additions to the family

IMG_2288 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

Our Land

IMG_2314 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2317 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2326 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2339 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2336 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

Palio, Khao Yai, Lower Isaan

Small shops and places for food and drink.

IMG_2375 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2367 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2352 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2353 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2354 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2355 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2369 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2370 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

IMG_2371 by Wayne 66, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Lonerider View Post
    Palio, Khao Yai, Lower Isaan

Small shops and places for food and drink.
    Nice photos but how is it there now? I went there a few times as it was on my favourite scenic drive in the area - Khao Yai - Wang Nam Khiao - Lam Phra Phloeng Dam / Wat (can't recall the name).

But every time I stopped there (usually a loo break), fewer and fewer shops / food places were open. I heard that the rents had become too high? I first heard of this Italianate looking place in a report on here from Dan & Ploy, so when I moved to Korat, I went to check it out myself.
    'Tis me

Quote Originally Posted by caller View Post
    Nice photos but how is it there now? I went there a few times as it was on my favourite scenic drive in the area - Khao Yai - Wang Nam Khiao - Lam Phra Phloeng Dam / Wat (can't recall the name).

But every time I stopped there (usually a loo break), fewer and fewer shops / food places were open. I heard that the rents had become too high? I first heard of this Italianate looking place in a report on here from Dan & Ploy, so when I moved to Korat, I went to check it out myself.
    Not many shops open, mainly knick knack shops, the leather shop was open, there is a Clarks shoe shop too.
    Lots of cafe/food places, not doing a roaring trade though.
    Quite a few people walking about taking photos
    A nice place but a bit out of place where it is.

Must be a few Italian themed places opening up, there is one called The Verona in Na Di (Prachin Buri) across from Thap Lan National Park, not in Issan but not far from the border with Korat.

The Vernoa.jpg
    bangkok mags

Next time you're near my home, give me a shout Wayne - I may be in residence . I'm guessing you were at Palio on a weekday? Its generally packed on a weekend, even in the off season. The Italian influence in the area is massive and doesn't stop at Palio - there's an entire hillside Italian village which can appear a bit weird. I wasn't aware of it but driving along one day getting to know the area not long after I moved there, I glanced across to my right and saw this village on the hillside. I was gobsmacked, you just don't expect to see a whole Italian village driving down a Thai country road.

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    I glanced across to my right and saw this village on the hillside. I was gobsmacked, you just don't expect to see a whole Italian village driving down a Thai country road.
    There's more than one 'Italian' resort in the area, are you sure it wasn't one of those?
    'Tis me

No, its an actual village - it can be seen on the hillside to the right of the road to Khao Yai Floating Market - the one where there is no market and nothing floating, they take your money though.

I didn't drive right up to it - there could be a resort element but this place is far too big for a resort.

Update: after a look on Google Maps I think it could, in part be the Toscana Valley Resort. There has been a lot of other development nearby recently so the whole area looks built up. The only problem with that is that on google, part of Toscana is right at the side of the road, I remember what I saw was in the distance.

I'll check it out next time I'm back at home.

Second update:

Yes, I think it is Toscana Valley but its massive. Looks like the part nearest the road is Toscana Valley Country club and the 'village' is the resort - check out the gallery here:

http://toscanavalley.com/hotels/la_casetta/gallery.php

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Maybe you can see why I referred to it as a village:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@14.51...7i13312!8i6656
    Last edited by Flip; 3rd Apr 2018 at 16:19.

Yes, I think it is Toscana Valley but its massive. Looks like the part nearest the road is Toscana Valley Country club and the 'village' is the resort
    I thought that's what it was going to be! I did exactly the same as you, drive past, got back and googled it. Not so sure it was as advanced as it is now when I was there, but it's the same place. I must have first driven that way in May 2015, as that's when I got my truck and I was looking for a scenic route that I wouldn't get lost on. I left Korat heading west - the worst part - then returned heading north.
    'Tis me

Next time you're near my home, give me a shout Wayne - I may be in residence . I'm guessing you were at Palio on a weekday? Its generally packed on a weekend, even in the off season. The Italian influence in the area is massive and doesn't stop at Palio - there's an entire hillside Italian village which can appear a bit weird. I wasn't aware of it but driving along one day getting to know the area not long after I moved there, I glanced across to my right and saw this village on the hillside. I was gobsmacked, you just don't expect to see a whole Italian village driving down a Thai country road.
    Thanks for in invite mate, it was mid week, we were on our way back to Bangkok from the village, yes I saw the village, we went there thinking it was Palio, there is security at the beginning of the village, looks really nice. We didnt ask to go in, just turned around

Edit for my last
    Think is was taking about the wrong place...this is where I meant, where we turned around
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@14.53...7i13312!8i6656
    Last edited by Lonerider; 3rd Apr 2018 at 19:12.

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Attachment 7288Attachment 7293Attachment 7289Attachment 7290Attachment 7292Attachment 7291

Hills above Dan Sai (Loei) - Phi Ta Khon Museum, Dan Sai (Loei) Mekong River Front at Bueng Kan City
    St Micheal's Cathedral, Ta Rae (Sakon Nakhon) - Nr Ho Kham , looking into Bio Diversity Conservation Area Laos (Bueng Kan) Mekong River Front, Nong Khai City .
    the wife has just said hometown bueng kan now she wants to go home lol,,it was the first photo she knew

Edit for my last
    Think is was taking about the wrong place...this is where I meant, where we turned around
    https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@14.53...7i13312!8i6656
    Yes, different road, different place but same general area - just goes to show, the Italian influence is huge all over Khao Yai.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Thanks for in invite mate
    You'd be most welcome. I'm less than 10 minutes from the main road (Highway 2). I absolutely love it there, its a great place to live - peace and quiet and great scenery yet Tesco/Makro and all the facilities of Pak Chong are just a short drive away. My local bar (15 mins away) is run by a fellow Yorkshireman from Bingley and his Thai wife and if I have to visit the Big Mango, its normally a 1.5 to 2 hour drive. For me, its a great location. I've spent a bit of time further up - Yasothon and Buriram but for me, that's just too far.

Unfortunately I'm not back until September as I'm having an op in May and can't fly long haul for 3 months after that The good part is I'll be back on my bike with no pain! (fingers crossed)

Old Hand มือเก่า

You'll have to post some photos yourself Flip. Sounds terrific.

Yes, I probably will when the house is finished Barnet, I'm not big on photos and have few of the house before I started the current alterations - I have hundreds of the cock-ups the previous contractors made though Attachment 7351

That's the view from my balcony though - looking south with the mountains of Khao Yai in the distance.

Yes, I probably will when the house is finished Barnet, I'm not big on photos and have few of the house before I started the current alterations - I have hundreds of the cock-ups the previous contractors made though Attachment 7351

That's the view from my balcony though - looking south with the mountains of Khao Yai in the distance.
    Looking good mate, we are doing the same thing, we have had loads of clay (soil) delivered and are putting our house on 1 metre coloums so we have a nice, commanding view over our land. we are saving hard so we can get started. Plans are all done, just waiting for the monies now