Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Member สมาชิก

Default [EVA Air now has] Wi Fi on board [some aircraft]

All my bags are packed, I'm read to go. Just noticed E V A have Wi Fi on the 'plane at quite a reasonable cost. Anyone used this? What's the speed quality like?

They wanted $25 for 2 hours access in July 2017 no idea if thats still the rate. I had however a live messenger video call whilst on the beach from a friend who was actually on Eva in January just gone and the reception was perfect

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Prices gone down.....copied and pasted

Currently there are three rates for EVA Wi-Fi, payable online by credit card: US$11.95 for 1 hour. US$16.95 for 3 hours. US$21.95 for 24 hours.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

the global killer strikes at 35000ft ,it is a great tool internet,mobile devices,wifi, but a social killer ,this is going be a serious problem in 20 years remember its less than 20 years old ,,The number of people with there heads stuck to a device now is a worry,go on any train or bus, i was shouting at a blinking till the other day, the apples are in the bagging area you stupid person/i mean computer ,just wait to a robot is serving your drinks at 40000ft then it is the end of the world

Rookie มือใหม่

I initially thought it's free. Well, $21.95 for 1 day isn't bad either.

How is the quality?
    We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors; we borrow it from our children.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    How is the quality?
    It must be good enough to video call because I was on the beach when someone called via messenger and I thought he must have missed his flight. Perfect connection

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    It must be good enough to video call because I was on the beach when someone called via messenger and I thought he must have missed his flight. Perfect connection
    The literature on board said they won't support calls, I didn't try. I Normally have two 'phones constantly beeping, tooting and it was a welcome chance to switch off !

Just looked it up, doesn't say anything about vdo but does say " In order to keep a respectful and quiet cabin environment, VoIP (Voice over IP) calls are prohibited"

http://www.evawifi.com/faq_en_us.html
    Last edited by James HKT; 14th May 2018 at 09:32.

Quote Originally Posted by James HKT View Post
    The literature on board said they won't support calls, I didn't try. I Normally have two 'phones constantly beeping, tooting and it was a welcome chance to switch off !

Just looked it up, doesn't say anything about vdo but does say " In order to keep a respectful and quiet cabin environment, VoIP (Voice over IP) calls are prohibited"

http://www.evawifi.com/faq_en_us.html
    Well I was on the beach and the guy rang me using video call simple as. The fella Vinny asked about quality. If video calling works perfectly we can "probably" assume its decent quality am sure you'll agree

No idea of Evas protocol regarding calls onboard.

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    Well I was on the beach and the guy rang me using video call simple as. The fella Vinny asked about quality. If video calling works perfectly we can "probably" assume its decent quality am sure you'll agree

No idea of Evas protocol regarding calls onboard.
    Can't really comment as I never saw anyone making any video calls.

You have an idea now of E V A protocol on making calls on board because I've quoted their website and supported the quote with the source.