Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Settlement visa time frame. How long?

Hi everyone,

Has anyone received their settlement visa in recent months and if so, how long did it take. My wifes application hits the magic 12 weeks shortly and i'm not sure what to do if it goes over. Sit tight, be patient, or make enquiries?

Also, does the 30 day vignette start from the date of arrival on the application form, in our case we put 01/05/2018. If that is the case, do we start to lose that window if the application goes past this date. My wife works full time and has to give at least 2 weeks notice.

Thanks in advance...

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by ace_rimmer View Post
    Hi everyone,

Has anyone received their settlement visa in recent months and if so, how long did it take. My wifes application hits the magic 12 weeks shortly and i'm not sure what to do if it goes over. Sit tight, be patient, or make enquiries?

Also, does the 30 day vignette start from the date of arrival on the application form, in our case we put 01/05/2018. If that is the case, do we start to lose that window if the application goes past this date. My wife works full time and has to give at least 2 weeks notice.

Thanks in advance...
    We did ours 6th December 2017. Got the answer on the 15th of March. The visas were dated from 16th feb and expired 18th march

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's crazy, 3 days left!! So you had to apply for an extension and no doubt pay for it?

Member สมาชิก

Quote Originally Posted by ace_rimmer View Post
    That's crazy, 3 days left!! So you had to apply for an extension and no doubt pay for it?
    No. Wife had to fly back to Thailand get her children and fly back by the 18th March

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member สมาชิก

Can't remember the exact dates, but I think my wife's visa took about 3 and half months.

Originally, we put down October 24th down as the intended date of travel on the application form but as the application took so long to process she ended up coming here on December 24th. The visa team will not use the original date you put down in your application if the decision is made afterwards.

Once my wife collected her passport she had about 3 weeks to book her flight. So your wife should have enough time to hand in her notice and make arrangements for flying to the UK.

Lots of other people seem to have experienced long waits for the visa too.

So sit tight and be patient for now. But if you don't hear from them in the next 2-3 weeks get in touch and ask them what is taking so long!

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

to be honest ace i know thails dont like to lose face ,but she wont be going back to her job when the visa comes ,i wouldnt worry about it to much ,im sure the company would understand ,plus you always have im sick and there is my 2 weeks notice at the same time .

Hopefully it won't come to that. My wife has been with the company for many years and to be fair to them they have been great, even throwing a wedding party for us in Bangkok. I don't think she would do anything that would upset that close relationship.