Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Premium Member

Default Dependent children, FLR

Hi all i have another question on FLR
    section 4 Dependent children it states that you must include any dependent children that are applying with you (mandatory Question)

4.2 Do you have any children whose parent is not your sponsor.
    Y N
    Siyaphas children are adults with their own families so is this a yes or no answer (Keeping with honesty)

then it goes on to say that if answered yes to that question you then have to provide details to a load of questions page 16 of FLR document as they are no longer children, they are not financially dependent on her and they are not coming to live here do we have to answer this ?

to my mind i dont think we need to answer this question as they are neither dependent or children but to her they are her children even though they are adults.

thanks stephen
    Last edited by stevie57; 29th May 2017 at 13:14.

Hi Stephen

Presumably your wife's adult children and their offspring are leading their own lives in Thailand. If that's so, and as you rightly think, section 4 of the FLR(M) form is only concerned with dependent children who are also to be included in the FLR(M) application as part of a UK settlement route. Section 4 - Dependent Children does not apply.

According to the April 2017 version of the Home Office guidance for FLR(M):

"“Child” means a dependent child of the applicant or the applicant’s partner who is:
    - under the age of 18 years, or who was under the age of 18 years when they were first granted entry under this route;
    - applying for leave as a dependant (sic) of the applicant or the applicant’s partner, or is in the UK with leave as their dependant (sic);
    - not a British Citizen or settled in the UK; and
    - not an EEA national with a right to be admitted to or reside in the UK under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016."

Wearing my educator's hat, I do wish that the Home Office demonstrated consistency in spelling dependent/dependant!
    Last edited by Tom & Nok; 29th May 2017 at 16:18. Reason: sticky keyboad letter "t" (memo to self - must clean keyboard)

Premium Member

Thanks so much Tom. that's what i was thinking. getting a bit word blind with guidance notes and a worried lady questioning everything.

stephen

Rookie มือใหม่

Quote Originally Posted by stevie57 View Post
    Hi all i have another question on FLR
    section 4 Dependent children it states that you must include any dependent children that are applying with you (mandatory Question)

4.2 Do you have any children whose parent is not your sponsor.
    Y N
    Siyaphas children are adults with their own families so is this a yes or no answer (Keeping with honesty)

then it goes on to say that if answered yes to that question you then have to provide details to a load of questions page 16 of FLR document as they are no longer children, they are not financially dependent on her and they are not coming to live here do we have to answer this ?

to my mind i dont think we need to answer this question as they are neither dependent or children but to her they are her children even though they are adults.

thanks stephen
    Stevie did the advice from Tom and Nok work for when you submitted your application when for your wife's flr regarding section 4 DEPENDENT CHILDREN to leave blank and move to section 5 as i have same question would appreciate if you can help. Thanks Andy1953

Rookie มือใหม่

Hi Tom and Nok my wife is applying for her Flr and has the same problem with dependent children section
    My question is my wife has one child 46 lives and works in south africa does she need to answer Q. 4.2 and I have 2 children aged 24 and 25 who are British and I am not in contact with them and have lived with there
    mother all there life do I need to answer Q. 4.3 as " Child Means a dependent child of the applicant or the applicants partner who is under the age of 18 years etc . So should we leave the Q.4.2 and 4.3 blank as the children are over 18 and section 4 does not apply or do we answer yes and fill in the details in 4.4. My wife
    who is the applicant need to supply a birth certificate for her son as requested on page 64 as he is 46 or does the child means a dependent of the applicant or the applicants partner who is under the age of 18 years come into play as she has lost his birth certificate. I would be so grateful if you can help as I am really stuck
    and new to this blog and not sure how to use it yet as I am a 65 year old pensioner. Andy1953 (email address removed from public view, please exchange via pm)
    Last edited by maokaang; 3rd May 2018 at 08:28.

Premium Member

Hi Andy, Tom and Noks advice did work. We left that section blank But put a brief explanation in other notes that Siyaphas children were adults had there own families/ lives/ careers and were not intending to come to the UK. this was after immigration had sent us that section back highlighted to be filled in, despite me already putting this in the initial application. On my return cover letter i pointed this out and that as they were over 18yrs they are not considered as children under UK law. Success letter was returned a week later. hope this helps, good luck Andy.
    Last edited by stevie57; 2nd May 2018 at 14:32. Reason: additio