Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Default Holiday Health Insurance costs

Off to Thailand soon for a couple of weeks, as I realise that I am no longer a youth and indestructible, decided to get travel insurance. First stop was with my bank of which I have a premium account which includes travel insurance. However as I have health conditions (Diabetes II and Liver problems) I called them to see what was covered and how much extra was required to cover existing medical conditions. Extra premium of £150 , annual cover, which would only cover any problems with Diabetes not the Liver. So I decided to shop around, single trip polices came up at around £150. However multi trip polices were cheaper, so with declared medical conditions I have an annual multi trip policy for £68 from Coverwise (AXA) also I should get a Meerkat toy. Cover excludes North America but I have no intention of ever visiting.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    So I decided to shop around, single trip polices came up at around £150. However multi trip polices were cheaper, so with declared medical conditions I have an annual multi trip policy for £68 from Coverwise (AXA) also I should get a Meerkat toy. Cover excludes North America but I have no intention of ever visiting.
    For me, its more important how the insurers will handle and act when you need to make a claim.
    I am with the NFU, there is certainaly cheaper premiums out there, but for an extra £75 its nothing for, piece of mind.

https://www.reviews.co.uk/company-re...tore/coverwise

Yep agree, but all insurance companies will try to wriggle out of paying up. Most of the bad reviews are about cancelled trips or stolen property, I am only really interested in the health cover which hopefully I will never have to use. Trustpilot gives a different picture and has a much larger review base.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan View Post
    Trustpilot gives a different picture and has a much larger review base.
    True, they do. Just bulk of those reviews are, cheapest, easy to navigate etc etc.
    When you look how cheap they are, then take into account you can get a further 21% knocked off if you have a Topcashback account, I sort of feel they are, too cheap to be true. That would come out at roughly £61 for a annual multi trip policy for me, even after declaring I am on medication after suffering a heart attack, very cheap.

Although I live here my medical policy is really a travel insurance policy that allows for stays up to one year. It's covers everything a standard UK medical insurance policy covers and is with AXA via ALC. The cover is excellent and I have had to claim a few times without any issues about their service.

I am covered for most countries in the world. (North America excluded)