Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Barnet View Post
    The Thai govt. and T.A.T are to blame for this. They haven't wanted us there for as long as I can remember.
    I agree Barnet - they always seem to 'back the wrong horse' - they courted the Russians for long enough with long term visas etc. until the Ruble collapsed and left them with the 'dross' of what Russia has to offer. Now its the Chinese. They seem to have failed to see that Europeans have been the one group that's constantly provided many of their citizens with employment and I doubt they have any idea of just how much we spend.

I think its our demands for decent treatment and fairness they can't cope with - they don't want us 'infecting' Thai people with such ways - heaven forbid that Thai's start demanding rights.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    Yet the Chinese are probably the biggest spenders when visiting the UK.
    Possibly a different type of Chinese tourist Greg? Thailand is virtually next door whilst the UK is half way around the world.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    Possibly a different type of Chinese tourist Greg? Thailand is virtually next door whilst the UK is half way around the world.
    Very true, I just don't agree that all Chinese tourists are "cheap charlies", just think Thailand attracts and promotes the ones that are.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ Sammy Shrimper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post
    -- - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - -
    For sure. They get a really cheap package tour to come to Thailand.

Furniture เฟอร์นิเจอร์

I remember we stayed at a brand new hotel in Jomtien as we couldn't use the time share. It was great and a good price. On our third time there it was full of Chinese after that it was fully booked and we could never get a room. I just had a quick look now and there are no bookings available. From what I saw, was the coach arrived at night in they went, out to walking street , breakfast in morning, out to pre planned lunch somewhere, Big Buddha, Buddha on the mountain, floating market , pre planned souviner buying and then gone. Local traders bars, foody places all missed out.

Old Hand มือเก่า

I reckon Jimmbo that rather than miss out they have been deliberately left out. They knew for years what the locals were capable of when it comes to damaging the image of Thailand.

Allegedly this is the 2012 film that started the Chinese invasion of Thailand:

Considering how close the two countries are I'm just surprised they haven't been visiting in large numbers from the sixties and seventies - I guess this is a result of their growing economy over the last decade or so and working class people having more disposable income They are travelling now like we did to Spain in the seventies.
    The clock on the wall reads a quarter past midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Shrimper View Post
    Allegedly this is the 2012 film that started the Chinese invasion of Thailand:
    Interesting, I haven't heard of this movie.

I wonder how much this movie influenced travel to Thailand? I watched this just after it came out there.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Beach_(film)

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Interesting, I haven't heard of this movie.
    I don't think it's well known outside of China. You can watch the full movie with subtitles on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Shrimper View Post
    I don't think it's well known outside of China. You can watch the full movie with subtitles on Youtube.

I've watched a few Chinese movies with subtitles, but only the more well known ones like, Crouching Tiger, Hero and Kekexili: Mountain Patrol which is based on true events. This movie looks just for the home market, so you're right no reason why I should know about it.

A lot of talk about sin city which could be las vagas ,they just waiting for one law to change gamberling ,just imagine the cash you would make if you could open a caesars palace in pattaya thats what the chinese want but the thail junta will want full control and all the proceeds from it can they bring it in through the back door time will tell .

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    Considering how close the two countries are I'm just surprised they haven't been visiting in large numbers from the sixties and seventies - I guess this is a result of their growing economy over the last decade or so and working class people having more disposable income They are travelling now like we did to Spain in the seventies.
    Probably Thailand is offering in a way the same as what Europe has done for years, all inclusive package holidays.

I booked one of these last minute all inclusive holidays to Salou 11 years ago, the worse holiday of my life.
    The complex and Salou on a whole was lovely, it was the type of tourist they were attracting that was the problem.
    The attitude was, "I have paid x amount, so I am going to get my moneys worth". They were queuing waiting for the bar and buffet to open, so they could literally indulge without any thought towards the other tourists. The problem with these type of holidays, the clientele they attract are very unlikely to contribute to the local economy.
    Last edited by Greg / Pairin; 29th Jun 2018 at 21:13.