Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Pateley Bridge, North Yorkshire/ Khao Yai, Korat

Quote Originally Posted by Greg / Pairin View Post
    WOW, that is a good deal. Are your transit times favourable, normally when I have seen fares that cheap the transit times have been dreadful.
    My thoughts too Greg. You have checked I hope Lucky and not got carried away when you saw the price? I've seen some that say + 2 days!!

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by marshall View Post
    I've often wondered which people mainly prefer, direct or with a stop over. I normally choose stopping for a few hours in the Middle East, two 6.5 or so hours plus a few hours walking around and waiting is more relaxing when I'm there for a month, though if someone's on a short visit they're going to want to get there more quickly.

Price always dictates which months I travel.
    Oh I didn't mean that long - 2 to 4 hours is enough for me - less than that and its all hustle bustle - if I'm going to stop I want to use the facilities.

- - - - - - - u p d a t e d - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melteddrummer View Post
    I always fly either Newcastle-Dubai-Bkk with Emirates or Newcastle-Amsterdam-Bkk with KLM both come in at around the mid £500s usually. I am flying out on 14th Sep(week on Friday) and bagged it for £468, my Dad is coming with me this time for my wedding, he booked up a week after me and got it for £436.
    How are you finding KLM these days? My first few flights to Thailand were with them and it was almost like flying direct - less than an hour to Schiphol then 10 hours to Don Mueang. That was when they were using 747's, I believe they've changed their fleet and added an hour to that flight time? I could just about stand 10 hours and it was very convenient being able to fly from Leeds Bradford (30 minutes for me). Mind you, I've checked from time to time and I've never been able to get a good price in recent years.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ

Quote Originally Posted by Flip View Post

My first few flights to Thailand were with them and it was almost like flying direct - less than an hour to Schiphol then 10 hours to Don Mueang. That was when they were using 747's, I believe they've changed their fleet and added an hour to that flight time? I could just about stand 10 hours and it was very convenient being able to fly from Leeds Bradford (30 minutes for me). Mind you, I've checked from time to time and I've never been able to get a good price in recent years.
    I have flew with KLM and SAS, also flew Swiss into Zurich then Thai to BKK. It was like flying direct, a short stint then a 10hr plus flight.

I was reading in the paper that airlines have been adding upto 30 minutes plus to flight schedules, reducing the likelihood of paying compensation for delays. Researchers for Which compared the flight times of 125 routes and found that 76 are scheduled to take longer now than they were in 2008, some by as much as 35 minutes.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...-report-claims
    Last edited by Greg / Pairin; 29th Aug 2018 at 00:22.

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Are your transit times favourable, normally when I have seen fares that cheap the transit times have been dreadful.
    Around two hours both ways, so ideal.

Yes Flip I have checked
    Lucky

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky View Post
    Around two hours both ways, so ideal.

Yes Flip I have checked
    That's just about the best price I've seen in a long time then. You are living up to your name

Quote Originally Posted by Essex boys View Post
    Just looked at air fares using Thai airways for flights in August, over £1,000 and that's just for economy!!!!! And it looks like they are using the 777-300ER not the A380......hmmm looks like I will be flying with Eva air for the first time
    essex boys
    School Holidays. I had the same heart attack!

eva is a good airline

Quote Originally Posted by Samsung View Post
    eva is a good airline
    My airline of choice at the moment, last 4 or 5 trips and the next 2 (already booked).
    Great prices, good timings and reliable. Food can be be hit and miss but on the whole enough good stuff to tied me over. No complaints when asking for extra drinks (over and above the carts coming round).
    A winner for me.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Allan View Post
    School Holidays. I had the same heart attack!
    We have been out in Thailand during the summer school holidays for the last three years now. I have just been searching for 2019, again during the school holidays and I am getting fares for £1680 for 3 adults and 1 teenager, that was with Emirates out of Glasgow. Will be checking again in a weeks time as the return flight was the 8th August, ideally looking at out on the 18th July, returning the 13th August.

Forum Regular สมาชิกประจำ PlymouthNick's Avatar

I always wonder why people look at booking fares so far in advance. I always leave it to about 3 months before. Max 6 months.

We have been out in Thailand during the summer school holidays for the last three years now. I have just been searching for 2019, again during the school holidays and I am getting fares for £1680 for 3 adults and 1 teenager, that was with Emirates out of Glasgow. Will be checking again in a weeks time as the return flight was the 8th August, ideally looking at out on the 18th July, returning the 13th August.
    Very interesting out of Glasgow during the school holidays (West Cumbria) Had a message from my oldest lad who every now and again goes on about coming here, he's just spent 4 grand on a family holiday in Lanzarote (to which he knows my head will explode spending that amount of money going to the Canaries) he wanted to know if they could get a family holiday to TH for 4K, tired for explaining the cost of the flights WILL be the major factor so would be 2 Adults and 2 Grandsprogs, I nearly suggested he contacted you (Greg) about flying from GLA during kids holidays , but never heard anything more.
    The way I looked at it there maybe an overlap where the Scottish kids are at school but the Cumbrian kids are off, so a possibility of an airfare drop if so the ideal time to fly.
    I know my Daughter-in-Law was in contact with Mrs about him / them coming over, so I know it's not just hot air.
    bangkok mags

Quote Originally Posted by sisaket View Post
    Very interesting out of Glasgow during the school holidays (West Cumbria) Had a message from my oldest lad who every now and again goes on about coming here, he's just spent 4 grand on a family holiday in Lanzarote (to which he knows my head will explode spending that amount of money going to the Canaries) he wanted to know if they could get a family holiday to TH for 4K, tired for explaining the cost of the flights WILL be the major factor so would be 2 Adults and 2 Grandsprogs, I nearly suggested he contacted you (Greg) about flying from GLA during kids holidays , but never heard anything more.
    The way I looked at it there maybe an overlap where the Scottish kids are at school but the Cumbrian kids are off, so a possibility of an airfare drop if so the ideal time to fly.
    I know my Daughter-in-Law was in contact with Mrs about him / them coming over, so I know it's not just hot air.
    The schools in Scotland break up about 4 weeks earlier than ours, so the prices are coming down when we tend to fly out.

If his kids are under 11 years of age, then you could get a flight with Emirates for £1600 out of Edingburgh on the 20th July returning 4th August if they were after a 14 night stay. If they just went to Hua Hin they could easily get a two bedroom condo for £700 to £1000 for 14 nights.

Its not just the flights that are a factor, its where they would want to stay in Thailand. If they are looking at Ko Samui, Phuket, Krabi etc etc, then you have other costs, like internal flights and eating out is generally more expensive.

Personally, if we went and just stayed in Hua Hin for 3 weeks, then I could do it for about 4k including spending money as long as the pound doesn't drop anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by PlymouthNick View Post
    I always wonder why people look at booking fares so far in advance. I always leave it to about 3 months before. Max 6 months.
    Because you can get some good prices.

EVA out of LHR for 05/05/19 to 06/07/19 for £464.16
    That was booked on 5th August.
    Anything sub £500 to me for a direct flight is a bargain.
    I would not risk trying to get that price 3 months before flying.

But each to their own

Oh, and booked a coach already to. Brum - LHR - Brum £21. More like £30 each way nearer the time.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Well Gary, that discussion's been held several times with a spit decision .

I'm the opposite, always book with just a few weeks to go - I've done pretty well. I guess though, that to be able to do that, you have to be very flexible - I am.

Seeing Evas been mentioned has anyone flown them recently or this year. I did at the end of last year and the 777 was still in 3-3-3 but I understand they are being retrofitted to 3-4-3 ??

Hi Strawman

We've just returned from a month in Thailand and flew Premium Economy with Eva on the 777.

The seat configurations on both the outward LHR-BKK and return BKK-LHR legs were:

Economy 3-4-3

Premium Economy 2-4-2
    "I can calculate the movement of the stars, but not the madness of men" Sir Isaac Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    Hi Strawman

We've just returned from a month in Thailand and flew Premium Economy with Eva on the 777.

The seat configurations on both the outward LHR-BKK and return BKK-LHR legs were:

Economy 3-4-3

Premium Economy 2-4-2
    Ok thanks thats what I had heard from few sources. Pity rules them out for me on that basis. Long time since I've flown Thai think my lad was just under 1 at the time and hes 18 next week !
    They seem to use different aircraft quite frequently on both departures ??

Every time I have flown with them they have always been 3-4-3.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawman View Post
    Pity rules them out for me on that basis.
    Might I ask why?

If you wanted only 3 seats in the middle you could try and book the ones at the back.
    I'm ONE of the 52%

Quote Originally Posted by Gary & Nok View Post
    Every time I have flown with them they have always been 3-4-3.

Might I ask why?

If you wanted only 3 seats in the middle you could try and book the ones at the back.
    Seat width compromised

"The schools in Scotland break up about 4 weeks earlier than ours, so the prices are coming down when we tend to fly out "
    Thanks Greg
    Yes the young uns are both under 11 yrs. I would take them anywhere they wanted to go,I would probably need to hire a car as ours will be too small for everyone plus luggage, I think Cha Am / Hua Hin is a good choice , I would recommend they spent sometime in the area , if went down that side would take them to Floating Markets (not Damneon Saduak) / Train Market etc (on the way).
    bangkok mags

Old Hand มือเก่า

Quote Originally Posted by Tom & Nok View Post
    Hi Strawman

Economy 3-4-3

Premium Economy 2-4-2
    What's the price to fly Premium Economy with EVA airm? £800.00 plus.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk