Thailand-UK ประเทศไทย-สหราชอาณาจักร

Forums ฟอรั่มส์

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  9
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    Rookie มือใหม่

Default problems booking visa appointment on the GOV.UK website

Hi All
    I am applying for a tourist visa for my Thai girlfriend. I have completed the application form and paid the fee. But I cannot select a day / time for the appointment. Every day and time I choose, I get the following message

the appointment you have chosen is no longer available. Please choose another time.

I have selected over 100 days /times over a period of 3 weeks and cannot find one thats available.
    has anyone else had this problem and who should I contact if I cannot select an appointment?
    Thanks
    Scott

Hi there, I had the same problem when we done ours on the 24th may this year, we thought that it was because it was near the end of the month we were in and it only gives you a two month display, i.e.: we were still the end of May and the only months displayed were may and June. We waited a week logged on again, and we were able to book an appointment. Failing that, can your girlfriend call the vfs direct? Or email them?
    essexboys

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for the info - could you tell me how far in advance you had to book? We’re you able to find an appointment within a week or did you have to look a few weeks ahead until you found an available slot ?

Hi chamber101, when we logged on again we were able to book an appointment within that week (which we did) I was in Thailand so it was a good opportunity to go with my girlfriend. One of the appointments available was for the next day after we logged on......

Rookie มือใหม่

Thanks for the info. As you suggested, I waited a few days and then I was able to book an appointment (9th July). We are now waiting for the decision.

Hi chamber101 good news regarding the appointment, my gf got her decision three weeks after we submitted her paperwork , some have had a decision sooner, but it seems that three weeks is the norm. I hope you get the visa granted, either way let us all know how you get on.
    good luck...
    essexboys

Rookie มือใหม่

We just got the decision. We received a text message on Thursday (2weeks and 3 days) to say the application has been returned the the visa centre and would be posted back to us. It arrived today, with the 6month visa attached to my girlfriends passport.
    Using this site has saved us time, money and stress - so cheers everyone

Veteran ผู้มีประสบการณ์

Now the fun starts Congratulations, it is worth the effort.
    Lucky

Well done, great news always good to hear a successful end to a visa application. Yes this site has helped lots of people, me included...great place for knowledge and friendly help and advice